Diablo® III

Legendary crafting mats too rare

Over the past 2 days, I spent 4 hours focus farming the legendary material for the aughilds set, at the end of those 4 hours I finally got 1 of them. This was on T1 difficulty and I definitely killed over 100 of the named mobs who drop it before finally getting it.

The worse part is that the craft, after 4 hours of farming, didn't roll well enough to be useable even after enchanting! Seriously, the crafting is extremely random, the materials don't need to be this rare to find!
Reply Quote
INB4 people tell the OP not to expect everything to be handed to him.

It's just like drop rates and random loot.

Legendary crafting is drop rate + random rolls. and ends up failing just as often as any given legendary drop. Except it's even more tedious.

It's like if in D2 not only did you need to find all the runes to make an epic runeword, but there was only a 5% chance that the runeword would even take effect. smh
Reply Quote
i already posted sugestion that adventure mode should have material hunting quest that alow people to easier farm mats and make game more interesting
Reply Quote
That's an interesting idea Cornolio.

Thankfully the material I was farming come from mobs that are included in 6 different bounties between act 1 and 2. So it was easy enough to start games and see if the right bounties are up, then go kill the mob for my chance at the material.

It's definitely not about being handed things, I'm willing to focus farm things and do the work, but 4 hours for 1 mat and then I'm still in the hands of extreme RNG on the item with 5-6 random affixes. That's just cruel.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 01:27 PMPosted by cornolio
i already posted sugestion that adventure mode should have material hunting quest that alow people to easier farm mats and make game more interesting

+1
Reply Quote
The only one they really need to fix is the Reaper's Fear which drops from Malthael. Currently, it is bugged and ONLY drops from Malthael on you first kill (or after a full quest reset) and at ~10% drop rate on top of that.

I would much rather prefer that all legendary crafting materials drop at 100% rate but they increase the crafting requirement. For example, if Sarkoth drops the Shimmering Quill 100% of the time but the Unbound Bolt recipe requires say 5-10 of them; that way there is less frustration in not seeing drops in many many runs due to bad RNG.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Schnell
Farmed it on t4 yesterday, got 11 in 2 hours. I call BS on your numbers.

You got exceedingly lucky, I got exceedingly unlucky. This is how random works. I realized that my number make it look really bad, but that my numbers are possible is bad. The droprate for T1 is supposed to be 10%, which was confirmed not too long ago in blue. But due to random, a situation like mine where i can go 100+ kills without a drop is possible.

Even at 10% i wouldn't have been too happy. Crafted items generally have 5-6 random affixes, it'll take 3 or 4 crafts on average to get a good one. For sets it's even worse since you need A LOT of the material to get multiple slots filled. I just feel it's a bit too low where it's at.
Reply Quote
they rly need to buff the spawn rates for some of these monsters or up the drop rates when you do finally get a spawn , frozen blood , essence of twin seas etc...is fkn stupid hard to get
Reply Quote
They posted on EU that normal drop rate is 5% and it maxes out on T6 at 25.8
Reply Quote
If you farm them on T1 it is at about 10% drop chance. Spread across all difficulties you have anywhere from 5% to 25%. I think the only one that was bugged (not sure if hotfixed yet) was the one from final boss.

I farmed some from Mahgna and some for my Asheara's and those drop rates seemed about right. Farmed them on T1.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Bogy
they rly need to buff the spawn rates for some of these monsters or up the drop rates when you do finally get a spawn , frozen blood , essence of twin seas etc...is fkn stupid hard to get

No they don't. They are only a mild encouragement to play in different areas. All the RNG on the crafts should clue you in to that but for some reason people think they should be rewarded for running past most of the game for hours.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We've been keeping a close eye on player feedback regarding Legendary crafting materials (specifically their drop rates) as well as on our own internal data. Right now, we agree that the drop rates do feel a little low and somewhat prohibitive, particularly since crafting adds another layer of RNG to the mix. In an upcoming patch we're going to be buffing the drop rates for Legendary crafting mats by a fair amount, effectively bringing them in line with the drop rates for Death's Breath.

In case some of you may not have seen previous posts where we've shared the rates for Death's Breath, here you go:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

This also brings up another opportunity for clarity: While the drop rates for Legendary crafting mats do scale with difficulty, their scaling is independent of the Legendary drop rate bonus slider in Torment 1-6. /themoreyouknow
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 02:46 PMPosted by Lylirra
We've been keeping a close eye on player feedback regarding Legendary crafting materials (specifically their drop rates) as well as on our own internal data. Right now, we agree that the drop rates do feel a little low and somewhat prohibitive, particularly since crafting adds another layer of RNG to the mix. In an upcoming patch we're going to be buffing the drop rates for Legendary crafting mats by a fair amount, effectively bringing them in line with the drop rates for Death's Breath.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile

In case some of you may not have seen previous posts where we've shared the rates for Death's Breath, here you go:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

This also brings up another opportunity for clarity: While the drop rates for Legendary crafting mats do scale with difficulty, their scaling is independent of the Legendary drop rate bonus slider in Torment 1-6. /themoreyouknow

I believe Wuluxar already spilled the beans on the specific numbers.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12404520371

The translated text from Polish is in that thread for anyone who would like to know the exact numbers for the targeted crafting materials.

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

What about having to find rare mobs with a 5% spawn rate on huge maps, restarting the game hundreds of times?
Reply Quote

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Now lower the crafting cost of some of them...max level gems? I already have gear in slots I'm not gonna replace with these plans now especially with the cost way to high of an investment vs finding gear.
Reply Quote
In an upcoming patch we're going to be buffing the drop rates for Legendary crafting mats by a fair amount, effectively bringing them in line with the drop rates for Death's Breath.

Thank you very much.

Patch, hurry up!
Reply Quote
How do oh know what mobs or bosses drop what crafting materials?
Reply Quote
/themoreyouknow

Wouldn't it be nice if this type of information was in the game guide readily accessible to everyone all the time rather than in the occasional blue post?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]