Diablo® III

Carnevil Theory craft & pet adjustments

View profile
I was very dissapointed with carnevil effect when I tried it out.

all single target dmg. the fetishes cant forward kite stutter step with u, so its really slow compared to my other builds. doesnt get the rune of your darts.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 4/4/2014 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 02:42 PMPosted by ChuckNorris

all single target dmg. the fetishes cant forward kite stutter step with u, so its really slow compared to my other builds. doesnt work w fetish psychophants

if you switch to a secondary aoe ability they will go into melle mode and swarm the front lines. maybe your gear was the issue because to maximize the build you need some specialized gear quite different then a standard fetish build.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 11:13 AMPosted by MCP
This guy put in some work on carnevil:
[quote]
Carnevil is really fun: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/carnevil
Guy testing out the Carnevil build and boy does it look hilarious: (initial try at this build)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKBwyaLRxk
Darts+Plague+Stacking poison damage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il3kqxFZXv4

this is a good vid. it is what turned me onto this build. but the problem is that his attack speed is so ridiculous and REALLY REALLY difficult to attain in RoS. As your start getting better gear in terms of damage and HIGH +int.. you will drop some of the pieces with 9% atk speed. I focus on attack speed as my priority 1 stat and I'm still at 2.2.

Any advice to try to get this higher? My tal's chest (9%) will be one eventually ..I can only hold onto my lacuni (legacy - 9%) for so long. decisions have to be made.
Reply Quote
View profile

all single target dmg. the fetishes cant forward kite stutter step with u, so its really slow compared to my other builds. doesnt work w fetish psychophants

if you switch to a secondary aoe ability they will go into melle mode and swarm the front lines. maybe your gear was the issue because to maximize the build you need some specialized gear quite different then a standard fetish build.

yes for sure I didnt have optimized gear for it. what really turned me off about it is that as I was stutter stepping forward the fetishes would just stay in the same place and start to lag way behind me. this is what made the build so much slower for me. and that it was all single target.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 4/4/2014 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have never had an issue with fetishes lagging behind. Maybe there was a lag issue because they behave and move exactly the same as normal fetishes that like 90% of WD use.

Sorry you didn't like it.

Has anyone noticed a bug where some fetishes won't shoot a dart if they are in hand to hand combat. Is this intentional? They should stop fighting and start shooting as soon as I do. I'll make a video to show what I mean.
Reply Quote
View profile
I also noticed that fetishes wont shoot for like 3-4 seconds after being summoned by fetish psychofants.

I just got in the game, Sal I would like to see what you have done w this build. lets do a run! Ill show you why I prefer the Tikidan mask. chucknorris#1885
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 4/4/2014 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes salamander. I notice lil guys stabbing folks when they should be darting 'em instead.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 07:37 AMPosted by FreakShow
Yes salamander. I notice lil guys stabbing folks when they should be darting 'em instead.

Is there a cap on the number of fetishes that can shoot darts? Or if they get engaged in combat they don't shoot? Would be nice if a CM could comment...
Reply Quote
So trying to get a MoJ yesterday and Kadala gave me this Carnevil instead.

I am running pure bears right now. No one is really talking about the best build to take advantage of this. Without the full zuni set, what are my options?

I changed to poison darts and ran around some with them for fun using sycopants passive and i was able to generate several up them and they were all shooting. I realize i probably need to find as much AS as i can squeeze in there. However could this ever be as good as bears? I am already stacking poison dmg.
Reply Quote
I don't use Darts as a primary attack. The AoE to me at least, doesn't seem effective enough.

It is very handy for quickly taking down fire mages, summoners, key wardens, runners, bosses etc. The single target damage, even without my having any poison gear, can be pretty crazy. But I feel it's too situational to rely on exclusively. Wallers will ruin your day and terrain features like stairs can also mess you up.
Reply Quote
How does it work without the zuni set, I know when you cast fetish it removes your sycos.so would you do both? like get to an elite, cast fetish, get 8 of them, then spam darts and sycopants will add more of them to shoot over the next 20 seconds?

i could see getting over a dozen of them and all getting decent crits could be some viable dps, for me my bears lets say are doing 6M crits, but if i have 10 fets out doing over 1M each then that could be worthwhile
Reply Quote
I believe that's how Army would work, but I don't use army.

I use Vampire Bats and a fast weapon to spawn the passive fetishes. I'll typically have 5+ up - if I channel for a while it can be 10+. For Elites I hit BBV and let the fetishes do their work. With Slam Dance they'll tear stuff up quickly.
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 09:13 AMPosted by Madmike
I believe that's how Army would work, but I don't use army.

I use Vampire Bats and a fast weapon to spawn the passive fetishes. I'll typically have 5+ up - if I channel for a while it can be 10+. For Elites I hit BBV and let the fetishes do their work. With Slam Dance they'll tear stuff up quickly.

that seems more like what you would do with a mask of jeram build, not a carnevil build where you need to be shooting poison darts pretty much all the time.

i know when i tried it even with my low AS i think i got up to around 8 fetishes out just casting darts
Reply Quote
Yes I'm really only using Carnevil because it's what I have. I'm still trying to get a MoJ.

A pure Carnevil build would really require either the Zuni bonus or the Star Metal Kukri. I think it would be tough to do without at least one of those.
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 10:18 AMPosted by Madmike
Yes I'm really only using Carnevil because it's what I have. I'm still trying to get a MoJ.

A pure Carnevil build would really require either the Zuni bonus or the Star Metal Kukri. I think it would be tough to do without at least one of those.

I have neither and my build is doing just fine. Why do I nNEED those two items when I can have 13-15 fetishes out without even using fetish army??
Reply Quote
Interesting, i did a test and casting fetishes and killing ghom, 274M HP and killed him in about 20 seconds with bears, and casting 8 fetishes and shooting darts i killed him in the same amount of time. sycopants adds more, but you really need the zuni bonus to keep them alive.

interesting things are that of course i require no mana at all. and stun dart kind of stunlocked ghom a bit.

only thing is running around hallways and corridor the fetishes dont position themselves well and are pretty much shooting into walls all the time. it only works in wide open spaces.

I do not believe they proc the mana rune from what i could tell and they do not proc LoH either it seemed.
Reply Quote
only thing is running around hallways and corridor the fetishes dont position themselves well and are pretty much shooting into walls all the time. it only works in wide open spaces.

cast your secondary skill and allow them to swarm the enemy or get closer (they default melee mode when your not shooting darts) then switch to darts.
Edited by Sal4m4nd3r#2673 on 4/7/2014 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm using Carnevil build with full zuni which is pretty much mandatory for the build. My aoe is Acid Rain and I just found Shard of Hate which synergies amazing with this build the poison nova helps out a lot with the aoe issues and procs so freaking much spamming poison darts. You have to be in melee range for it to work well however, but you can slot bad medicine on higher torment levels.

I farm mostly t2-t3 and the dps is sick especially the single target dps. Love the build and will continue on with it for a while. Still have 40% Poison damage to add on.
Reply Quote
do the fetishes shoot faster if you shoot splinters?

also, do they shoot snakes that stun if you use snake in the face?
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 10:28 AMPosted by geminihc
do the fetishes shoot faster if you shoot splinters?

also, do they shoot snakes that stun if you use snake in the face?

The only thing that makes fetishes shoot faster is your atk speed. This is because they shoot everytime you do.. so if you shoot faster then they will shoot faster. Their darts are directly linked to yours. No matter what rune you use they shoot 1 standard poison dart at 130% weapon damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]