Diablo® III

Carnevil Theory craft & pet adjustments

04/07/2014 09:24 AMPosted by WRX
I'm using Carnevil build with full zuni which is pretty much mandatory for the build.

100% disagree. With some plague bats, I can routinely have 10-15 fetishes out shooting darts at a time. It is not mandatory. That is your opinion. Also PB has use as an aoe. also allows the fetishes to get into a better position and when they are I make them shoot darts.
Reply Quote
Here's an updated level 70 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMWMpiLLORY&feature=youtu.be

If you don't like acid cloud in the build, I would recommend Plague Bats.
Reply Quote
I do have a question about using Splinters on Poison Dart to summon fetishes. I remember reading somewhere that the Splinters rune increases the casting duration of Poison Dart. If that's true, does it mean less fetishes are summoned with Splinters than any other rune?

Is everyone dependent on poison darts to summon your fetishes with carnevil? I assume using vbats is still better for summoning them. I have 2.34 attack speed and poison darts still seemed pretty slow to get those little guys out for me
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 11:48 AMPosted by Phazey
I do have a question about using Splinters on Poison Dart to summon fetishes. I remember reading somewhere that the Splinters rune increases the casting duration of Poison Dart.

First time i've heard this. Would love to know the answer. If this is true maybe it only affects those with super high attack speed?
Reply Quote
I am glad they are buffing the darts, they have been shooting for 155% dmg which if they weren't shooting at all they would do 180% so there was kind of no point, just extra range. and you pick the target. at least now they will do a little more dmg.
Reply Quote
umm ok i just got home and wanted to try my carnevil darts build again in anticipation of tomorrows buff.

However i cant seem to get them to spawn today.

I just tried darts and it took 17 casts for one to appear, then i tried plague bats for 30 seconds straight without a fetish appearing!

did it get ninja nerfed or am i just having really bad luck?
Reply Quote
Swap to vampire bats, stand in town, cast until you see the first fetish, then continue casting until that first fetish dies. Keep track of how many you have until that first fetish dies.

Repeat several times if paranoid.
Reply Quote
Will the Poison Dart buffs today effect the fetishes poison dart damage? Or are they still at 130%?
Reply Quote
I run this build and the main drawback is the single target damage. To combat this, I use locust swarm, haunt and Thunderfury. This does enough damage to mobs while I melt single targets.

My end game build will be Carnevil build with Jade Harvester so that I get the single target dmg from Carnevil, AOE dmg from locust and haunt and a potentially billion crit dmg nuke w/ the Jade Harvester set. Will require the Royal ring that reduces set items -1 to make room for the Carnevil helm.

That's the plan anyway :)
Reply Quote
will fetishes shoot flaming dart if I'm using that rune?
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Jasius
will fetishes shoot flaming dart if I'm using that rune?

As of pre patch 2.04, no. They shoot the un-runed poison dart.
Reply Quote
well then does it work for them if I have a lot of +poison damage on my gear?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Yes, to re-sum: +poison helps your dudes... also with patch, CHD helps (a lot). +fetish damage only affects those summoned by the spell. Haste is the most useful because the more you shoot the more they shoot, but with patch... all stats are good :).

Starmetal kukri and/or Zuni set is BiS...but not entirely necessary, just the most efficient. Don't underestimate the use of bats to do significant AoE damage and proc out the fetishes you need.

If you use fire rune for poison dart, the fetishes shoot...poison darts (it doesn't matter the rune).

I can't tell you if they are on < or > or = to Mask of Jeram build in damage. However, keep in mind that build is hindered by a couple of variables that aren't easily calculated. Melee fetishes clump up and, with dogs especially, not all may be swinging at the baddies.

Further, they don't target what you want to target. With Carnevil, you have the option (use bats instead of darts in some situations) to let them swarm, but when you really need to focus something down...dart fetishes are king!
Reply Quote
Does +dart dmg increase the dmg of the fetish armys darts?
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 02:03 PMPosted by Syraen
Does +dart dmg increase the dmg of the fetish armys darts?

no
Reply Quote
[quote=" Also be wary of Reflect Damage packs.
[/quote]

when you are using poison darts will get damage reflected back?
Reply Quote
My build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shang-1920/hero/25209947

I love this build a lot actually... I've experimented with a few different skills and such and always come back to these. Most people are using fire bats because it is said to spawn the most fetishes quickly, but locust swarm moves on its own and can also proc the little buggers while you are focusing on dart spam.

To those who are worried about pathing, if you stop firing darts the fetishes will run towards a target, bypassing the interferences, then you can start darts again.

And for anyone wondering about using the gidbinn ceremonial knife, it does proc a lot but the fetishes it summons DO NOT work with carnevil, they run around attacking random stuff like the normal fetishes do.
Reply Quote
Wow, I failed at thread search! I should have posted here instead of making entirely new one.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674629559

This build is gonna rock in post patch!

Yesterday I posted that I was using Splinter rune and complaining that I'm unable to do t6 (doing t5). Then Lovepig78 posted his build which he was using snake to face (stun) rune. Behold I completely forgotten about that rune, made the whole difference!! Attack Speed really increase the effectiveness of this rune. Im able to stunlock elites/bosses pretty much forever. Its crazy good! T6 is now doable with carnevil/zuni.

with possible incoming buff to zombie handler passive, it helps immensely for me, 20% increase in life and extra dog for more LOH (and more meat shield/aggro taker). Also the changes to fetish passive, instead of casting, you must hit to proc fetishes, the darts is up there top skill to proc on hit effect, curious how much fetishes we can spawn with darts now.

Stacking poison, now im very eager to try new buffed hex rune, the huge toad, last night i was messing around in anticipation of new patch. I discovered something w this Toad, it actually blocked mob from going thru Toad, so like if you popped it in doorway, blocking mob from reaching you, seems useful for carnevil users! it lasts 15 sec, far better than zombie wall. In additon to 580% dmg PER seconds for 5 sec. seems like fun hex!
Reply Quote
04/19/2014 07:35 PMPosted by XoLeRaS
[quote=" Also be wary of Reflect Damage packs.

when you are using poison darts will get damage reflected back?[/quote]

your darts will return damage to you. your fetishes darts will not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]