Diablo® III

61mil thorns/aoe crusader build

i broke 64mil dmg with thorns. solo. still streaming doing rifts testing out new gears.
Reply Quote
sorry, double posted, cause of lag =/
Edited by Fantasmagore#1144 on 4/25/2014 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, that is amazing. I am looking to do something similar I just made a couple tweaks do to my weapon and shield combo but it is highly effective to have thorns focused hybrid. Just have to get his toughness up more and dps up to hand T6 but T3 is a fairly easy right now.
Reply Quote
where got 49mil? and it is at T1 only.
T1 is fking easy, please show sth above T4
Reply Quote
If you knew how to read.. I have been running t3 and t4 and sometimes t5 rifts.. and showing it off on stream..

also its 61mil now.
Edited by Fantasmagore#1144 on 4/26/2014 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Streaming now

twitch.tv/fantasmagore
Reply Quote
Its too bad they already announced they will redesign Thorns.
Reply Quote
and who said thorn will get weaker?
Reply Quote
They never said anything about thorns getting nerfed/reworked. They only talked about reworking iron maiden which needs to be reworked. At the end of the day its just 6k thorns. I can lose 6k thorns and still do fine dmg and it wont effect my build at all. I can almost guarantee it wont hurt my build. That being said. I will be streaming here in about 20 mins or so to answer any and all questions you all have.

twitch.tv/fantasmagore
Reply Quote
I reworked my crusader some time ago for thorns with inspiration from your build/stream. Don't don't think i could ever use another build again. I really enjoy it. Sitting at 30k thorns with set items it's really nice. Hope they rework iron maiden for the better later on.
Reply Quote
thanks man really appreciate it. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask. Or if you have any other ideas to make the build better.

streaming now twitch.tv/fantasmagore
Reply Quote
Overall, the build is nice for the lower Torment levels. Having used full Invokers, Demon 6k bonus, Sang bracers, % physical with soj, andys, bracers, and doombringer and achieved 85 mill on reflective skin last week, its just not viable on higher torment levels. It takes away from too many other useful slots in a build. The damage is nothing more than spike damage, and unless you can keep Akarats up forever or have a ton of CDR, its just there to assist with Frozen, electrified, orbiter, and thunderstorm, and reflect damage mobs. I use it as a supplementary skill now, along side with my Foot+Board combo. Would also go good as a side skill with a hammer build.

To add, The invokers set is garbage except for the 4000 thorns increase. The 15 yard thorns does not apply to iron skin.

Best thing to do is to stack STR, secondary thorns affixes, two piece invokers, two piece demons, and use iron skin as a CC breaker or heavy hitter with the proper elite affixes. Focusing your gear for lightning/holy will pay off more in the long run. Death Watch mantle is another good shoulder to combine with provoke, using it a long time ago it would proc 3 million fan of knives hits, which isnt a bad affix at all.

When blizzard does decide to give thorns (passive) an overhaul, ill put the thorns gear back on. Until then, FotF, Shaefers, Prophecy, and Foot Combo are the higher torment heavy hitters. You can add me if you'd like, i'm always down to do t3-t6 rifts and I dont bum :)
Reply Quote
thanks for the input. Love the items you have, all but a couple. The embraces I wouldnt use. I think personally there are better ones, not saying they are trash by no means just think they are underpowered. Along with an soj I feel like id use that as a swap for when fighting elites/bosses. I think boombringer is hurt your overall dmg, but I understand why you used it to boost your dmg. I was doing my build around t5 with relatively ease, slow... yes but it was easy. I also run hammer it indeed does wonder for the build.

I agree the invoker set is pretty !@#$ty. I only want the 2 set. plan on trying out the 4 set but not building around it.

Pretty much you said it spot on. I personally dont like death mantle. They didnt proc nearly as much as I thought to be deemed worthy.

I cant wait for them to change iron maiden either way it will free up a passive or give a buff. I do agree that food and board is very strong right now. but I do enjoy running into elite groups and just insta blowing them up.

streaming now

twitch.tv/fantasmagore
Reply Quote
Yes its still very viable. Thorns scale off of main stat

Streaming now. Answering any and all questions.
Edited by Fantasmagore#1144 on 5/5/2014 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
until patch details we wont know what changes they are bringing to thorns.
Reply Quote
Thorns WILL not being getting touched. They only said iron maiden will be getting touched.

streaming now.
Edited by Fantasmagore#1144 on 5/7/2014 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Im still trying to do a thorns build, However im changing it up. I am making a thorns holy crusader with the shield and sword condemn build.

streaming now to see how it works...

twitch.tv/fantasmagore
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]