Diablo® III

Ring of Royal Grandeur Drop rate?

I have done a LOT of act 1 bounties. I've probably opened 70-80 caches at least. I have 5-6 legendary amulets, 3-4 shoulders, and 1 bracers. Is the legendaries all equal chance and I am just unlucky, or does the crappier/less interesting ones drop more often, making the ring the rarest?

I gotta admit, my patience is pretty much exhausted. If I have to find some obscure cave or location in a large area again... or kill 150 useless trash mobs in the southern highlands again... I think I'm going to just shoot myself. Other than the reward of getting the ring, I feel like they are not the most rewarding thing for me to do, and I am honestly sick of doing them.

What I'd like for Blizzard to do is to make all of these items have a chance to drop anywhere in a given act just doing regular farming. I am not asking for a high chance - just a chance. I don't want to be forced into farming bounty caches just to get an item. It feels way too much like WoW, where you have to farm a dungeon to get a specific item. That's NOT DIABLO.

Barring my opinion/request to change how it works, I hope I can get this ring eventually. I'd really like to know what the actual drop chances are. My patience is pretty much over with sadly.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 4/7/2014 1:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 01:03 AMPosted by Scala
I have done a LOT of act 1 bounties. I've probably opened 70-80 caches at least. I have 5-6 legendary amulets, 3-4 shoulders, and 1 bracers. Is the legendaries all equal chance and I am just unlucky, or does the crappier/less interesting ones drop more often, making the ring the rarest?

I gotta admit, my patience is pretty much exhausted. If I have to find some obscure cave or location in a large area again... or kill 150 useless trash mobs in the southern highlands again... I think I'm going to just shoot myself. Other than the reward of getting the ring, I feel like they are not the most rewarding thing for me to do, and I am honestly sick of doing them.

What I'd like for Blizzard to do is to make all of these items have a chance to drop anywhere in a given act just doing regular farming. I am not asking for a high chance - just a chance. I don't want to be forced into farming bounty caches just to get an item. It feels way too much like WoW, where you have to farm a dungeon to get a specific item. That's NOT DIABLO.

Barring my opinion/request to change how it works, I hope I can get this ring eventually. I'd really like to know what the actual drop chances are. My patience is pretty much over with sadly.

If they dont specific the ring drop in act 1. It is possible you NEVER get it. I get my after 100 + act 1 bag farm...
Reply Quote

Yours is nothing near, I've opened over 100 act 1 and act 4 caches respectively and I've gotten almost everything act 1 except ring and only 1monarch scepter so far
Edited by LoLWut#1332 on 4/7/2014 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 boxes.. Lol I'm not even close to that number.
Anyway what's the most effective way to find this ring? How can people grind so many boxes in a day? I solo T1 and basically skip all white mod, just rare and main quests but it still takes too long to complete act 1 bounty.
Reply Quote
I have done a LOT of act 1 bounties.

Try to do it on T1/T2. And do ACT I and ACT IV bounties. ACT IV caches have drop from all other acts. I got my ring after ~15 caches on T2.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 01:39 AMPosted by Snowyboy
I have done a LOT of act 1 bounties.

Try to do it on T1/T2. And do ACT I and ACT IV bounties. ACT IV caches have drop from all other acts. I got my ring after ~15 caches on T2.

Difficulty does not affect cache drops in any way.

OP, your best bet is to split farm act 1 bounties on normal, with like-minded people. Same goes for any act that has a legendary you want.

Act 4's cache legendary pool is so diluted that unless you want multiple act-specific legendaries across all acts it's almost always more efficient to just farm one act.
Edited by Gnillort#1746 on 4/7/2014 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 01:11 AMPosted by MADTHUNDER2
If they dont specific the ring drop in act 1. It is possible you NEVER get it. I get my after 100 + act 1 bag farm...

This basically says nothing. Thanks
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

OP, your best bet is to split farm act 1 bounties on normal, with like-minded people. Same goes for any act that has a legendary you want.

Act 4's cache legendary pool is so diluted that unless you want multiple act-specific legendaries across all acts it's almost always more efficient to just farm one act.

Yeah, I'd love to do split farming with a group of players who play like they are on a mission (rather than just hang out at a crafter and want to chat), but I don't know how to find these players.

I feel like the bounty system is not rewarding enough for doing them solo. I find 3-4 legendaries per hour doing 'my own thing'. The bounty system gives me far less results when I melt T1. I feel like I'm gimping my progression for 1 item while drastically reducing my chances of getting everything else. Kind of makes me mad. I don't understand why the game designers want to force me to do bounties for. I really don't understand it.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 4/7/2014 2:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 02:56 AMPosted by Scala
04/07/2014 01:11 AMPosted by MADTHUNDER2

This basically says nothing. Thanks

Yes , The ring is exclusive from the bag. You keep doing it sometimes and you SURE get it.

I keep to farm the IMK piece , up to current 0 .... After i read the item pool...there are tons of green helm , glove, chest besides my IMK...i only want to ask how to farm it?

You only need to pass the RNG form the bag and there are only 4 possible leg in ACT 1 bag! This reduce your chance to get the wrong thing much higher than me!
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 4/7/2014 3:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Funny enough, I got the ring with less than 50 caches but I don't have a single set pieces, they just won't drop for me so =/
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah, I'd love to do split farming with a group of players who play like they are on a mission (rather than just hang out at a crafter and want to chat), but I don't know how to find these players.

I feel like the bounty system is not rewarding enough for doing them solo. I find 3-4 legendaries per hour doing 'my own thing'. The bounty system gives me far less results when I melt T1. I feel like I'm gimping my progression for 1 item while drastically reducing my chances of getting everything else. Kind of makes me mad. I don't understand why the game designers want to force me to do bounties for. I really don't understand it.

try joining the GIG nation community chat there are plenty of people doing split runs all the time
Edited by MurkaDurka#1671 on 4/7/2014 3:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
got nothing on t1 for ages including the gloves from act 2 changed it to t3 for a few days and now have them all.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 03:09 AMPosted by Joxy
Funny enough, I got the ring with less than 50 caches but I don't have a single set pieces, they just won't drop for me so =/

I guess I had better 'luck' with that, as you can see from my DH... but I worked hard for them to be honest.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
My barb has one. Actually it rolled on my monk, but had strength so I gave it the my barb. So they do drop.
Reply Quote
Been doing mix of rifts, in tor 1 and 2, and bounties tor 1 and 2, no dice on set pieces. The past 10 legs I got were all useless =/
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 03:13 AMPosted by Joxy
Been doing mix of rifts, in tor 1 and 2, and bounties tor 1 and 2, no dice on set pieces. The past 10 legs I got were all useless =/

I find like 30 or 40 legendaries a day, but I'm really farming like crazy. I don't get this amount of legendaries if I am doing bounties though. More like 15 or 20. Most are indeed useless. The only item I found yesterday was a nat's ring, and it kind of sucked. If not for the set bonus, the rare would have been better. In fact, it might have been better but then I wouldn't get the 10% discipline, which is pretty good. That's just how it goes.
Edited by Scala#1900 on 4/7/2014 3:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Have you considered taking a break? Or mixing things up?

If the game isn't fun or losing fun if you don't have the ring, then stop specifically going for it. You're just going to burn yourself out, and even if you get it by the time you do you'll hate the game.
Reply Quote
Thats why I want set bonus, the ring is in the stash because the stats on it arent better than the current rings I am using.
I don't think there is a difference between campaign and bounties in terms of drops.
I barely get anything besides 2handers legendaries, which is the most useless thing I could get.
Reply Quote
Ive done over 300 and never got it. RNG. Its possible to go a lifetime and never get it

thats the whole problem with no AH. I got 6 tal chest tho. 5 are brims.. another problem with no AH. i bet someone could use them for say a extra ring they got? naw.. D3 is shutdown.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 4/7/2014 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]