Diablo® III

Ring of Royal Grandeur Drop rate?

farmed three straight days T1 ACT 1 and finally got one. I ended up with around 750 tokens for rifts. Yeah, took me a while
Reply Quote
is okay guys, i've farmed 450+ act 1 caches, and never get it, i have 10 mace 5 shoulder 6 bracers.
Reply Quote
Whats the site that tells you the legendary drop location?
Reply Quote
LOL I have done so many I can't count and have only received 2 items from a cache that were legendary and that was 2 days after RoS came out. Since then I farm Act I and II every day and have not gotten another legendary from a cache.
Reply Quote
I have completed over 1800 bounties... not even a bad ring.

Caches need huge buff!
We have 6 characters, everyone needs at least on good ring. If you get bad roll, you need to farm again until you get good one.

Here is my suggestion:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673327579
Reply Quote
Rings completely stopped dropping for me for over a week now, investing 2-3 hours a day on split farming.

I used to do the same before, and I got 7 rings with MUCH more ease.
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 03:37 AMPosted by Shark

Caches need huge buff!
We have 6 characters, everyone needs at least on good ring. If you get bad roll, you need to farm again until you get good one.

Here is my suggestion:

Good news! Blizzard is buffing (I know right, Blizzard actually buffing something!) cache drops, so cache only items are going to be a little easier to farm, and caches will scale with difficulty. No more farming normals for hours on end!
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 04:15 AMPosted by Bhargo
04/28/2014 03:37 AMPosted by Shark

Caches need huge buff!

Here is my suggestion:

Good news! Blizzard is buffing (I know right, Blizzard actually buffing something!) cache drops, so cache only items are going to be a little easier to farm, and caches will scale with difficulty. No more farming normals for hours on end!

At the moment, I see that the buff is useless, since they buff T2+ caches only. How many caches in hour can we obtain playing T2?
Playing in normal, we can get 12 or more caches, depends how fast is the party.

What this means is that Horadric Caches earned in Torment I+ will be able to drop Torment restricted Legendary items, and caches earned in Torment II+ will have a scaling bonus for dropping Legendary items (which includes those items only found in a cache).
Reply Quote
1322 bounties completed when I finally found my first RoRG. Too bad it rolled right out of a garbage pail.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 01:03 AMPosted by Scala
I have done a LOT of act 1 bounties. I've probably opened 70-80 caches at least. I have 5-6 legendary amulets, 3-4 shoulders, and 1 bracers. Is the legendaries all equal chance and I am just unlucky, or does the crappier/less interesting ones drop more often, making the ring the rarest?

I gotta admit, my patience is pretty much exhausted. If I have to find some obscure cave or location in a large area again... or kill 150 useless trash mobs in the southern highlands again... I think I'm going to just shoot myself. Other than the reward of getting the ring, I feel like they are not the most rewarding thing for me to do, and I am honestly sick of doing them.

What I'd like for Blizzard to do is to make all of these items have a chance to drop anywhere in a given act just doing regular farming. I am not asking for a high chance - just a chance. I don't want to be forced into farming bounty caches just to get an item. It feels way too much like WoW, where you have to farm a dungeon to get a specific item. That's NOT DIABLO.

Barring my opinion/request to change how it works, I hope I can get this ring eventually. I'd really like to know what the actual drop chances are. My patience is pretty much over with sadly.

DUDE please quit this game. You complain about ladders and seasons, which you know nothing about. And now you're complaining about not being able to find a certain item. If this game is too hard for you, or if you aren't able to find viable alternative builds, then there is a bigger issue at hand...
Reply Quote
Believe me, I have been VERY persistent. Done over 1000 A1 bags and not 1 single leg/set item. I have yet to get my RoG or even a single Tals piece. I know I have put way more time into this game than several buddies who have multiple RoG. It makes no sense.
Edited by xxxLawDogxxx#1277 on 4/28/2014 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol..you think a Tal's piece drops of a bounty bag?

Maybe that's your problem. It won't. EVER. Set pieces are torment-only pieces and won't drop of a bounty bag.

Plus..that you opened 1000 bags and did not get ONE single leg is extremely hard to believe.
Edited by Flexyana#1496 on 4/28/2014 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
funny story, I actually did a normal act 1 bounty on my attempt to farm the ring. had to go to a dinner and i'd only collected 1 cache. so i opened it...

... i got the ring. ty for reading.
Reply Quote
i got the ring after maybe 50 bounties
Reply Quote
if a six sided die is rolled 100 times each time the chance is one in six to get a given number. it is FIVE in six to NOT get that number.

odds to nod add up to a result.
Reply Quote
Just wait until the next patch supposedly buffing the droprate comes out. By now, even if you find one it's just going to leave you bitter.

My friend has been farming for it since launch, has put 250+ hours into RoS and still hasn't gotten one which is sad because her boyfriend has found two of them with her in the game and couldn't even give one to her because it's auto-bound due to it being a cache-exclusive legendary.

Really stupid that she's put in the same amount of hours as us but she's still stuck being unable to do T4 efficiently while her boyfriend and I could already solo T6 comfortably three weeks into launch thanks to our early RoRG's +full Torment-only sets.
Edited by preslee#1841 on 4/28/2014 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's called RNG, you can do 1,000 of the cache's and never get one, thats how RNG works. I have 2 RoRG and never really farmed caches EVER. That's how RNG works and if you don't like RNG, stop playing Diablo III, they are not moving away from it. My friend has the Vyr set and he only comes over to my house 1-2 days a week and I play 4-5 days a week and haven't seen a single one, once again, RNG. Quit your complaining and go farm some more if you want it, its not like everyone should be handed this ring just for playing.
Reply Quote
The problem is not RNG here, every good item has a very low chance to drop: the witching hour is also very hard to get (there are other examples, like lv70 sets, etc)

IMO: the problem is that this ring is mandatory to play on higher difficulties... I've yet to see someone playing efficiently on T5-T6 without the ring
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]