Diablo® III

Ring of Royal Grandeur Drop rate?

You know I wasn't terribly bothered by this until I watched the Theorycraft Thursday Livestream #1 and heard Travis Day say at approximately 29:57 that the legendary drop rate was sufficiently high enough that completing sets isn't hard for anyone who plays a reasonable amount.

At that point I looked at my time on my monk, which is now 240 hours, 120 in RoS, and realized not only have I not managed to complete a set in that time I still lack some of the basic build-making legendaries such as the RoRG. I keep getting crap two handed drops and stuff that my monk can't even use like crossbows. So I totally understand where those of you who haven't got it yet are coming from. In fact it very well stands to reason that in a RNG system even at 500 hours played you may never see a completed set or a RoRG or any particular piece that you need. I've been splitting between running bounties and running rifts, and haven't counted the number of bounty boxes I have opened but it has been a pretty significant number at this point.
Reply Quote
The problem with RoRG is that among all other legendary items this is the only one that’s a MUST HAVE for anyone, who doesn’t play this game casually. And yes, while other items can be easily swapped with others, this one makes a HUGE difference.

So with all that whining coming from frustrated players (me as well), I think it should be made more accessible – random drop in general or in several specific locations. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that Blizz should make the game even more casual than it is – they made some choices I really don’t like (for instance removing legendary crafting items). But if they introduced an item that’s a massive game changer, why “force” players to farm only one act?

So far I got only one ring for my DH with fair stats. It dropped on T1 after more or less 30 runs. I’ve read that it is easier to obtain with the “pity timer” in play (the longer you play with no legendary found, the bigger the chance one will finally drop). However, I wouldn’t bother with it. I got mine right after a different ring dropped at the end of the last bounty.

Now I’m trying to get one for my WD, but the frustration level after several hundred runs has increased. I did get the pauldrons, bracers and Zunimassa’s boots on T1 and T2, and it even dropped the amulet on normal, but no ring for me.

This is just a real killjoy. I know that some will say I should move on, but with this item it’s kind of hard to.
Reply Quote
I am keeping an excel spreadsheet with info on my runs. Tonight I did #69 , and no ring. I won't stop tell I get it. I do mix rifts in here and there so I am having fun.
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to report on my first RoRG today.

I got it on only my 5th run through of act 1 bounties - extremely lucky.

I was running on normal difficulty, and I am in a clan who is nice enough to help me get it.

The key is to cut down farming time and this is achieved through both group play and having the difficulty set as low as possible. Just split up and smash through act 1 bounties as quickly as you can.

Others who helped me get it reported having several rings, some which dropped easily, others which took them a very long time to get.

I think it's completely random and for those trying to do this solo, it might be best to get yourself into a group who will be willing to help out and who may have other players also trying to obtain it. Even 2-3 players would increase your farm rate.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Did you send a subscription?I overheard someone saying that works!!!
Edited by Snowman#2273 on 7/30/2014 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1820 bounties still no RoRG..... goml
Reply Quote
I've been farming Act 1 T1 for 28 days now. Been doing at least 10 full cache-runs everyday and gotten 7 Legendarys but no ring. my GF who plays with me maybe half of the time has gotten 3 rings...
Starting to get a bit pissed, but hey what can you do? Just gotta go farm somewhere else i think. maybe the RNG will favor me then when i choose to return to Act 1.
Reply Quote
I been playing ROS for about 2 weeks now and been able to get two rings, one for each toon I play.
Reply Quote
I was getting a RORG on T1 (act1 only, even tho act4 is possible) about every 10 cache. Went to T3 and started getting one about every 5. Started a new char on seasons and have gotten 3 rings on T1 in under 30 Cache.

07/19/2014 05:44 AMPosted by Camo
The key is to cut down farming time and this is achieved through both group play and having the difficulty set as low as possible. Just split up and smash through act 1 bounties as quickly as you can.

Definately best to do it at the hgihest level you can do without increasing time it takes to complete. aka, if you do 5 bounties on normal in 7 minutes, on expert in 7 minutes, on T1 in 9 minutes, on T2 in 14 minutes, then do T1 because you are making the best ratio of drop rate and number of drops.
Edited by Hiroko#1993 on 10/13/2014 5:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
strangely enough it was awhile til i got in this clan that i even knew how to get the ring...ive seen it before but thought it was just some random legendary drop...one of my clan members told about how it drops in those horodric caches & saw that i didnt have one yet so we decided to farm for one wif a couple of other guys in my clan...about 3-4 caches later it dropped for me & i just thought it had a high drop rate because everyone should have one, still think i was lucky that it dropped so soon though...never knew til reading this that the drop rate is actually that low!!! now i have a feeling this is going to suck farming for one cuz i need one a strength based character can use...
Reply Quote
Anyone on PC who needs help lmk - I farm A1 a LOT hoping for a better RORG - and solo T6 in about 10-12min depending on the Bounties. I do T6 b/c I like getting the other drops & gold, that and a Lego is guaranteed in the Cache.

T6 I'll duo and can still run solo w/o wasting time, 3 people takes a bit longer & easier to do on T5.

T6 does take a bit longer than face rolling T4, but the lego is guaranteed. In any 6 runs I've always had at least 1 RORG.

rexob#1995 - please include some message so I know it's not some random spammer
Reply Quote
Is this still going (low drop rate) or they fixed it? I got one on my 3rd cube but want to try a better roll.
Reply Quote
Yesterday I was doing bounties on Act I, and accidentally press and open the cache at while doing bounties at somewhere else in Act I, the cache I was got it from bounties before this. It does drop Leg Ring BUT it is not RoRG. May I know why? I was open it in Act I.
Reply Quote
11/26/2014 07:13 PMPosted by KeatKeat
Yesterday I was doing bounties on Act I, and accidentally press and open the cache at while doing bounties at somewhere else in Act I, the cache I was got it from bounties before this. It does drop Leg Ring BUT it is not RoRG. May I know why? I was open it in Act I.

So then it was no cache from act 1.
Reply Quote
11/27/2014 02:38 AMPosted by Pointi1978
11/26/2014 07:13 PMPosted by KeatKeat

So then it was no cache from act 1.

I see. Thanks for the info. But the [Pandemonium Loop] Legendary Ring, it doesn't seem should be come from cache.

Anyways, if I get cache from T2, will it be higher chance get Leg compare to cache from T1?
Reply Quote
I got mine today, after 105 bountys on act I T2, so is... pure blind luck!
Reply Quote
T6 is guaranteed 1 leg from cache, sometimes two.

Farmed a bunch last night and they were all garbage. Gained 25 plevels though and will give it another shot.
Reply Quote
I farmed 5 more last night before finding one I could keep. The one that is on my crusader right now is it, rolled 50% CHD.

I even got an ancient one with almost 600 STR but the random affix was !@#$--8% RCR.
Reply Quote
I finally got my ring after countless runs. Don't do fast runs on normal, it's pointless. If u well geared go t6 and farm like hell. if you are not find someone who has high gear and make the farm for you. In nearly 10 runs on t6 i got my rorg. I did more then 70 run on lower levels and didnt get any. A advice for my fellow rorg farmers !
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]