Diablo® III

Does Magic Find Lower the Chance for a Legendary?

Cause after putting on 89% MF, instead of getting one or two legendaries, I just finish five T3 rift runs without a single drop. So strange. :O
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 09:31 PMPosted by spalt
Cause after putting on 89% MF, instead of getting one or two legendaries, I just finish five T3 rift runs without a single drop. So strange. :O

Not gonna lie. I've also felt that the added magic find I've used reduced my drop rate as well.
Reply Quote
Not totally useless, but Magic find is a very misunderstood, at least by me, any way. Extra for your character, I think it does help as far as rare drops, but I am beginning to believe that it has no effect on legendary's, as they seem to be hard wired into a time limit, it may effect there quality, but I am not sure on that either

I am only guessing..please I do not mean to offend anyone.
Edited by taglag#1798 on 4/5/2014 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Doing rifts lowers your chance to get a leg...
Reply Quote
As soon as I got my nagel ring and equipped it with its 41% magic find I started getting legendaries more often than before.

04/05/2014 09:36 PMPosted by taglag
as they seem to be hard wired into a time limit

I have gotten legendaries minutes apart, and even a set+legendary from a single super unique kill in torment 1. There's no way this is true.
Reply Quote
Thank you Vikan for that very insightful post.

Anyway...The concern I'm trying to raise is a real one. Perhaps it's chance, perhaps it's code but it does actually seem like legendaries are dropping less with more MF I added. I just shrugged off the three hour dry spell without a single legendary last night ("RNG is RNG"). I was even doing T5 rift clears then to test out the new MF %. But I'm going into my 5th or 6th hour of playing (6th T3 Rift Run today finished just now) without seeing it drop once.

Yes, yes, there are people who will say "back in vanilla, it took 24 hrs to get a legendary!" but this is not vanilla. And I was under the impression that Blizz put in the legendary timer to prevent these long dry spells from happening? Can MF somehow be screwing that up? >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]