Diablo® III

I just got a reissue on my passport...

And it was a LOT easier than getting IN to support for a phone call, returned e-mail or online chat. How am I supposed to remember which, of a list of about 25 "secret" questions, was the one I chose an answer for years ago? That and a picture of a government issued ID? Sheesh!

My launcher isn't working and there is NOTHING in any of the forums or in the so called technical issues database that addresses this that I can find. Talk about frustrating... I can't even get to customer service to ASK if there is another place to look or get an answer.

So on THAT note... is there ANYONE out there who can help with a Battle.net launcher issue? It won't launch Diablo 3 or Starcraft so it isn't a Diablo only issue. :/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cygne1,

For launcher-related issues, we usually have the user run through two support articles which resolves the majority of problems so let's start there.

Deleting Battle.net files

Deleting the Battle.net cache folder

Did that. Twice. Also completely uninstalled Battle.net with the windows installer a time or two... disabled my firewall for a few tries each change... running everything as admin... :/ frustrating. Last night I could get in but didn't stay to play. What changed?

Oh... and I ran the scan and repair on D3 although I added starcraft to have another login to test and can't get in with that game either. :(
Edited by Cygne1#1613 on 4/10/2014 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cygne1,

What happens exactly when you try launching a game? You never actually provided a description of the symptom other than to say it "isn't working".

The launcher comes up with the various games menu. Choice like WoW, Diablo, Starcraft, etc. I select either Starcraft OR Diablo (those are the only two active games I have) and whichever I select I get the same thing... the "button" darkens as though it is going to load the game and then the notification at the top left of the Battle.net launcher reads "Battle.net (not responding)" and I have to X it off to close the launcher. I have let it sit waiting for a response for 10-15 minutes some times with no change.

Oh... I added Starcraft today. I stopped the download because I didn't want the game, just a different game to test with... but I can resume the download and it does download.
Edited by Cygne1#1613 on 4/10/2014 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cygne1,

I see you have Hearthstone on the account, if you still have it installed, does that launch properly?

They applied a server-side fix early this morning but nothing was changed client-side since the 2.0.4 patch Tuesday.

If you use an antivirus app, you may need to re-add the Diablo III executables to it as they will have changed due to the patch. That often is seen by this sort of app as a possible attack as it sees the file(s) have been altered from when they were first added.

*sigh* Battle.net and Diablo still have permissions. I turn off my security completely and still can't get a response.
Reply Quote
So I'm getting the feeling that this isn't a repairable problem. :/ I finally figured out how to get to CS on the chat (just put an answer to every question on the list) and there was no solution he just clicked off after a few generic suggestions. Then I added (using the same answer to every "secret" question) and created a ticket... which isn't even there today. :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]