Diablo® III

Female barbarian leaping faster than a male barbarian

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/female-and-male-barbarians-leap-differences
Any plans to fix this?

I mean, the female barbarian are clearly a better barbarian. Myself play a male and
kinda sad knowing the female are a better version.

Reroll for this is kinda sad.
Comments?
Reply Quote
Interesting
Reply Quote
She's not as heavy as he is, and she's also younger. Of course she'll jump faster. ;)
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 02:27 AMPosted by Dirtybag
I mean, the female barbarian are clearly a better barbarian. Myself play a male and

Even though she appears to complete a Leap quicker than the male it doesn’t appear to have any impact on gameplay and is more a curiosity.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 02:48 AMPosted by Wuzlo

[quote]Even though she appears to complete a Leap quicker than the male it doesn’t appear to have any impact on gameplay and is more a curiosity.

She lands faster than the barbarian - How can that not have any impact wtf
Reply Quote

[quote]Even though she appears to complete a Leap quicker than the male it doesn’t appear to have any impact on gameplay and is more a curiosity.

Meaning it's purely animation and doesn't affect actual damage output. Simply: Press Leap -> #seconds pass -> enemies lose hp in targeted area. The leap animation is aesthetic.
Edited by Wuzlo#1973 on 4/11/2014 3:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 03:52 AMPosted by Wuzlo

Meaning it's purely animation and doesn't affect actual damage output. Simply: Press Leap -> #seconds pass -> enemies lose hp in targeted area. The leap animation is aesthetic.

Well, DPS is damage per second, so while the impact damage may be the same, if the female barb is able to do more jumps than the male barb in a shorter amount of time, the DPS is different.

So yes there is a difference.
Reply Quote
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/female-and-male-barbarians-leap-differences
Any plans to fix this?

Reroll for this is kinda sad.
Comments?

She is a little lighter.
Reply Quote
She was trained to hop up and run to the kitchen to make the male barb a sandwich.

I'm not sure if her speed makes her do more dps, but it does allow her to make more sandwiches.
Reply Quote
SHHHHhHHHH... i have a male and female barb, and you can see which I am using =)
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 02:47 AMPosted by Starblazer
She's not as heavy as he is, and she's also younger. Of course she'll jump faster. ;)

Men also have more muscle mass to counteract the additional weight. Also gravity should exert the same force on both genders going down.

To make the game more realistic I think when women leap it should cause a gust of wind to hit enemies, causing a 0.001 yard knockback. When a male lands it should cause a giant crater.
Reply Quote
Sasquatch, reread what he said again
Reply Quote

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12412981217#1 Just watch the video and tell me it doesnt have any impact on gameplay.
Reply Quote
It has a noticeable impact on gameplay. I don't even bother using lut socks on my male barb, it just feels so clunky, whereas my female barb is extremely mobile with them, preferring to triple rather than sprint when it's off cooldown.
Reply Quote
For me, it seems like it would be favourable for male barbs using the stun rune for leap (lut socks) It takes less manual "timing" to max out the stun-time when there is a lag in leap animation. For the female barb (not from experience, but just my thoughts) it would seem that if you were just to hold down the leap button x 3, the stun times would overlap, and you get less CC time overall (single target)

But for any other leap rune (or those with MotE sets), faster leap has the edge.
Edited by FinalForm#1783 on 4/11/2014 10:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Damage is dealt upon landing

There is a noticeable difference between the two.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 10:25 PMPosted by FinalForm
For me, it seems like it would be favourable for male barbs using the stun rune for leap (lut socks) It takes less manual "timing" to max out the stun-time when there is a lag in leap animation. For the female barb (not from experience, but just my thoughts) it would seem that if you were just to hold down the leap button x 3, the stun times would overlap, and you get less CC time overall (single target)

But for any other leap rune (or those with MotE sets), faster leap has the edge.

You never gonna chain your leap for the stun, you do it once, you attack, then another leap etc. You got enough time to do an attack between each leap. And the female even more time ...
Reply Quote
Just rerolled a female barbarian.
The difference is amazing and it was worth spending 2 hours doing this.
Reply Quote
The difference is massive when you are using Lut Socks. Playing a male triple-leap Barb after trying out a female version is god awful.
Reply Quote
Don't get me wrong, I support women's rights and all but I'm fairly certain gravity works the same on women as it does on men.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]