Diablo® III

Female barbarian leaping faster than a male barbarian

Tell that to elderly women with saggy ....
Reply Quote
I have both a male and a female Barbarian, and I can confirm this. The female Leaps much faster than the male, and spends much less time in midair.

I can also confirm that it DOES have a noticeable impact on gameplay, and is most certainly not just "a curiosity". This is especially true when I'm using my Lut Socks. I travel across the map more quickly and generate Fury more efficiently.
Reply Quote
Just read about this elsewhere.

Pretty unacceptable. Massive impact on gameplay. This needs a fix.

Any replies from Blue on this would be appreciated
Edited by myDingling#1831 on 4/17/2014 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We all know which way this will be fixed :(
Reply Quote
Yep, my advice would be to not draw attention to it and just level a female barb. Can be done in only a few hours, just save a nice -30 level weapon you find on your main, get to 60, then level from 60 to 70 with just Rift turn-ins.

Leveling an alt-barb is nice anyways as it allows you to have multiple builds without having to swap gear/skills or re-allocate paragon etc.
Reply Quote
Lazy from Blizzard, how has this been in the game this long? Ridiculous.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Mike
Lazy from Blizzard, how has this been in the game this long? Ridiculous.

Ridiculous enough that players haven't noticed in 2 years? Yeah blizzard should be ashamed.
Reply Quote
Time to level my female up this weekend...
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 10:09 AMPosted by Drew
Don't get me wrong, I support women's rights and all but I'm fairly certain gravity works the same on women as it does on men.

that can be argued
Reply Quote
You who have both a female and a male barbarian with those boots
Could you maybe time it with a clock?

I timed a female and a male but only with one leap cuz the female is low lvl, requires lvl 70 for the boots.
It got pretty close

Easier to time 3 leaps over 1 also

What i actually timed was how fast the chars can move after the leap is done.
Edited by Maaciboy#1493 on 4/18/2014 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've always hated how slow the male barb leap animation seemed. I had no idea the female was faster, time to level up a female barbarian I guess.

Sad that the difference is in the game.

And for those saying it's an aesthetic difference, wrong.

Less time leaping = more time doing dmg with other abilities in addition to the "faster" mobility.
Reply Quote
@Maaciboy

I did some tests over on this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329703286?page=4#61

The difference is 14 more frames during the recovery between leaps for the male barb.
Reply Quote
With the recent fotm barb build, this is a problem.

I shouldn't be forced to level a new character to be able to play optimally.

Please bring female leap back in line so it's fair, thanks.
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 05:55 PMPosted by Kita

NO. Stop right there - bring the male leap up to the female speed...
Reply Quote
Yes, do that...

For those dummies who think there is no DPS diff and that is only "aesthetic" there are 2 reasons its not.

1. The faster the animation finishes, the faster you can do something else. Even without lutxocks, if leap is in your rotation, this is significant

2. WITH lutsocks, its a huge diff. As the CD for for leap starts from when you first initiate your last leap, NOT the 2 seconds it says on the item. This can be confirmed with anyone with the set. as you can jump, hota, jump, hota, jump, which takes like a second longer than just jump jump jump.

The end result is about .6 seconds shaved off the rotation (could be more, someone did the math on reddit) which is equivalent to 6% CD reduction.
Reply Quote
i get the feeling blizz will make the female leap as slow as the male barb lol... so lets let this thread die starting now :)
Edited by Xplosive2222#6357 on 4/21/2014 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 06:58 PMPosted by Beedub
04/20/2014 05:55 PMPosted by Kita

NO. Stop right there - bring the male leap up to the female speed...

Female speed is too fun, inb4 nerf.
Reply Quote
Female and Male Barbarian’s Leap Differences

There are no differences between male and female right? Wrong. One has been clearly demonstrated by Genome852 in a video that shows when it comes to leaping the female Barbarian is somewhat better at it than her stockier male equivalent. In his demonstration he has the Legendary Lut Socks equip which is what is enabling them to jump three times in quick succession. Even though she appears to complete a DiabloWikiLeap quicker than the male it doesn’t appear to have any impact on gameplay and is more a curiosity.

UTube video showing the leap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3urT_gx947k
You can see the boots in action in a regular gameplay video of a male barb here. I only play female characters so I’m not familiar with the males to be able to notice a difference in skill animations between the sexes that may impact gameplay and I haven’t heard reports of any until this video appeared on reddit.

Posted 6 April 2014
by Elly

Source:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/female-and-male-barbarians-leap-differences

new thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/post/125031368194
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]