Diablo® III

MOTE T6 Rift - EQ / WW (<8 Mins)

Update 1 - New Video Link Added (300 Spear)
Update 2 - Skills: Active and Passives Added
Update 3 - New Video Link Added (WW Build) - T6 sub 8 minutes
Update 4 - New spec using WW+Life Regen in place of LpFS

Consolidating the thread to make the updates easier to navigate

Unbuffed Stats Based on Profile
Paper DPS - 616k
Paper Toughness - 3.25 mn
Paper Healing - 2020

Character and Build

Character - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DAKKON-6113/hero/38964104
Build - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#QTXfYi!diZg!bYaYZb

Build constantly changes. Please refer to profile for the latest build I am using.

Video

Video 3 (WW Spec ) - UPDATE 3 - http://youtu.be/HUmbYQd7c_c

Video 2 (300 Spear) - UPDATE 1 - http://youtu.be/IPXe7MLxsXw

Video 1 (HOTA Spec) – Original Video - http://youtu.be/g_bnZuOx79s

Builds - UPDATE 2
Skills Guide - Active
1. Primary – HOTA (Smash) / Ancient Spear (Jagged Edge)
HOTA would be the most logical option for most builds due to AOE and Crit potential. Ancient Spear if paired together with 300 Spear hits significantly harder than HOTA, spends more fury (LpFS / Avalanche CD) and range

2. Secondary – Earthquake (Molten Fury)
Self explanatory.

3. Leap (Iron Impact)
Iron impact is amazing in which you greatly increase toughness for 3 secs (80-90k+ armour). If CD on Leap is 6 secs, that’s a 50% uptime when engaging large packs of mobs

4. Threatening Shout (Demoralize)
Key to the build. This acts as the initial pull-in to get mobs clumped up. Absolutely amazing against annoying range packs like Succubus / Wasps / Ghosts

5. Ground Stomp (Wrenching Smash)
Synergizes perfectly with TS and EQ. Ground stomp is able to greatly amplify the area damage effect whereby EQ is able to proc on every tick (unlike Battle Rage: Bloodshed)

6. Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss)
Main form of sustain. Together with Pride of Cassius, this gives you up to a good 11 secs of burst DPS. Most champion mobs would be dead by the time IP is off CD. Again with high CDR, the uptime is very good.

Skills Guide - Passives
1. Blood Thirst
Main form of sustain. Crucial to keeping alive as long as possible before activating IP.

2. Earthen Might
Main form of fury generation. With high CDR – you do not need a traditional spender

3. Brawler
Very good for initial engagement. The build is based on facetanking and bursting down mobs during the duration of Leap+ Ground Stomp + IP where you would have near 100% uptime on brawler. Kiting = Loss of DPS

4. Ruthless
Synergizes well with Brawler. Yellow boss would be alive when adds are down. Ruthless finishes off the remaining job 40% faster.

Builds - UPDATE 4
Skills Guide - Active
1. Primary – WW (Blood Funnel)
HOTA would be the most logical option for most builds due to AOE and Crit potential. Ancient Spear if paired together with 300 Spear hits significantly harder than HOTA, spends more fury (LpFS / Avalanche CD) and range. WW on the hand grants great mobility meaning you need to stack less toughness due to your ability to kite.

2. Secondary – Earthquake (Molten Fury)
Self explanatory.

3. Leap (Iron Impact)
Iron impact is amazing in which you greatly increase toughness for 3 secs (80-90k+ armour). If CD on Leap is 6 secs, that’s a 50% uptime when engaging large packs of mobs

4. Threatening Shout (Demoralize)
Key to the build. This acts as the initial pull-in to get mobs clumped up. Absolutely amazing against annoying range packs like Succubus / Wasps / Ghosts

5. Battle Rage (Marauder)
Using WW enables me to utilize more DPS options. Able to drop some defensive skills

6. Warcry (Invigorate)
Life Regen is now my main form of sustain. Sources include
Warcry
Templar
Paragon

Skills Guide - Passives
1. Relentless
This makes the remaining 35% of your life tanky. LpFS synergizes badly with Relentless but life regen is very good.

2. Earthen Might
Main form of fury generation. With high CDR – you do not need a traditional spender

3. Berserker Rage
Favoured over Brawler. High DPS uptime even against bosses. Remove all + fury items

4. Ruthless
Synergizes well with Brawler. Yellow boss would be alive when adds are down. Ruthless finishes off the remaining job 40% faster.

Key Items
#1 Unity - Easily the best EHP ring in the game. Effectively doubles toughness and healing. Slap this on your invincible merc and its game on.
#2 Cooldown Reduction - Key to the build. Total in-game CDR is 40% which means leap effectively only has a 6 sec cooldown. The immense stacking of earthquake is simply amazing. IP uptime is high using LpFS rune.
#3 Pride of Cassius - Self explanatory. Together with Unity, it quadruples my toughness and healing when IP is up. With higher tiers of gear, this is no longer necessary but remains a very powerful belt
#4 - MOTE - Self explanatory
Have fun. Let me know if you want to see other videos.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 5/8/2014 10:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i love the different build possibilities this game allows for, maybe its just me but this is the first time ive seen a build geared entirely around leap hah.

i kinda wonder if the unity/enchanting favor technique is intentional, seems pretty OP
Reply Quote
View profile
Damn even you started posting video on t6..

Tempting for me to do one..lolol
Reply Quote
View profile
You just dont stop do you :)

Awesome stuff
Reply Quote
It's beyond my understanding as to how you managed to find the time to farm all those items Dakkon. >.>

How many days of leave did you burn lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
That is straight up insane. With such amazing output of damage from the uptime of stacked earthquake, and just from leaping?

Yeah... Definitely getting my barb to 70 soon.
Reply Quote
View profile
very nice and leg right off the bat for us (doesnt usually happpen in T6 sadly)
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 04:14 AMPosted by Dronax
i love the different build possibilities this game allows for

Fully agree with this. I have not seen to date 2 exact similar builds. Most people are running builds based on items that drop and even those with similar items have differing opinions on builds. Overall its good that we do not have a 1 spec dominate all game.

04/09/2014 04:21 AMPosted by demonknight
You just dont stop do you :)

Awesome stuff

Thanks. Have to keep myself entertained somehow.

04/09/2014 04:23 AMPosted by Uberjager
It's beyond my understanding as to how you managed to find the time to farm all those items Dakkon. >.>

How many days of leave did you burn lol.

Just 3 days actually. I did specialize in chest runs though which explains alot of drops and (wasted) rerolls.

04/09/2014 04:38 AMPosted by FightingTao
That is straight up insane. With such amazing output of damage from the uptime of stacked earthquake, and just from leaping?

It's not only earthquake tbh. The key is actually to tailor your build to tank through the damage. Proper timing of cooldowns is important here. For e.g, I use leap with armour rune after threatening shout (to bunch them together) to give me armour. Right after this wears off ( 3 secs), I activate IP. This gives me a good 15 secs or so burst damage which is more than 2 full cycles of leap with aggressive cooldown. Aim is now to take down elites in those 15 secs..
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 4/9/2014 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Out of curiosity, does the Earthquake laid down by Leap with the Might 4 set take on the rune you have associated with Earthquake, or does it just lay down a base unruned EQ?
Reply Quote
Awesome build/video. I'm hoping to finish the quake set soon...only missing 1 item now.
Reply Quote
Now that's what you should all "jumping". Great video and build, love it ^_^, it's been a while since a build with such good synergy.

But what are your thought about using this build with a good 2h (although they kinda suck atm)?
Edited by QuanCao#2399 on 4/9/2014 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Have you tried this with 4 piece IK lightning cota, because you can do 4 piece IK with earthquake you might lose pride of cassius but... it kind of does the same thing. You may need a ring of grandeur to pull it off. Thx for this video because it's always fun to watch cool new builds.
Edited by soci#1609 on 4/9/2014 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Congrats on your gear. So much eDPS. I really want that Quake set and Lut Socks. Still only have 1 piece QQ

You plan on rolling female barb anytime soon? I wanna see a female barb with that gear and see how she looks.
Reply Quote
How did you get the majority of your gear including sets? Right now I dont know wether to do t1-t2 bounties, rifts, or whatever to acquire set pieces or gear like that.

Any insight would be great! thank you!
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 08:50 AMPosted by TheGuy
Out of curiosity, does the Earthquake laid down by Leap with the Might 4 set take on the rune you have associated with Earthquake, or does it just lay down a base unruned EQ?

It takes the rune you have on EQ. If you do not have EQ skill equipped, it will drop a base unruned EQ.

04/09/2014 09:08 AMPosted by QuanCao
But what are your thought about using this build with a good 2h (although they kinda suck atm)?

It's actually very possible to use 2H weapons with this as it would make your EQ hit much harder. I salvaged my only Maximus but once I get another I would try it again. I used another 2H and was getting good results but I lost too much CDR.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 09:19 AMPosted by soci
Have you tried this with 4 piece IK lightning cota, because you can do 4 piece IK with earthquake you might lose pride of cassius but... it kind of does the same thing. You may need a ring of grandeur to pull it off. Thx for this video because it's always fun to watch cool new builds.

Pride of Cassius is actually a rather key part to the build but I do like your suggestion in terms of mixing sets. It's definitely something I considered before and this would require me to use IK weapon as Lut Socks is a must have.

With the boost to pets, this could be a very interesting build and it does help in raising the single target DPS capability of the build. What skill to give up for COTA I have not thought about just yet.

IK Set Items
Helm
Chest
2H Mighty Weapon

EQ Set Items
Shoulder
Glove
Pants

Other Core Items
Unity
Ring of Royal Grandeur
Pride of Cassius
Lut Socks

04/09/2014 09:22 AMPosted by MedinaTV
So much eDPS.

Maintaining DPS uptime is actually the key part. Having to kite means losing positioning and DPS.

04/09/2014 09:22 AMPosted by MedinaTV
You plan on rolling female barb anytime soon? I wanna see a female barb with that gear and see how she looks.

Actually that is the female barb. After I saw the video that she jumps approximately 30% faster than the male barb I swapped to my female barb that I was doing paragon leveling with pre patch 2.0.

04/09/2014 09:50 AMPosted by Furajir
How did you get the majority of your gear including sets? Right now I dont know wether to do t1-t2 bounties, rifts, or whatever to acquire set pieces or gear like that.

It was a mix of chest runs and manglemaw runs both of which has been nerfed. I would recommend you run T1 rifts in groups and pray to the RNG gods.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 4/9/2014 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice build. I'd be surprised if the follower Unity ring trick doesn't get killed by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 05:41 PMPosted by Freudian
Nice build. I'd be surprised if the follower Unity ring trick doesn't get killed by Blizzard.

Blizz only nerfs things that the wider community is doing. i.e if it gets attention on the forums. Chest and Manglemaw runs are but 2 examples. Chest runs have been around for ages, it was only when every other thread on General Discussion was on Chest Runs was it actually nerfed.

Look at gear- swapping, clearly an exploit but due to the small number of players using that mechanic, it still remains today.

Next up for nerfing would be Witch Doctor's after the pet buff. What happened to Wizard's would soon happen to WD's (i.e forum QQ).
Reply Quote
View profile
Lol That's the reason why some players do not post their builds..
Reply Quote
This build is the only reason i am still playing my barb. I just wish i could get some of the set to drop. Been grinding out t2 rifts with no luck i keep finding the same useless stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]