Diablo® III

Weapons, sockets and you!

Have you ever used a ring without a socket and thought to yourself "this is alright, I'm only missing out on a bit of [Insert Attribute]"? I'm guessing yes, because rings often come with other affixes that make up for a missing 200 or so primary attribute.

Have you ever used a weapon without a socket and thought to yourself "this is ok, I'm not missing out on too much". No, that's probably never happened because sockets on weapons are mandatory. It's never happened because an extra 270 weapon DPS or an extra 135% crit damage is not optional when you're trying to play higher levels of torment.

There is a huge imbalance with weapons, sockets, and enchanting. No other items demand a socket the way weapons demand a socket; it eliminates all other enchanting prospects for weapons that did not roll a socket; and it scraps weapons that did not roll a socket or a primary attribute.

Weapons need a socket enchant separate from the other enchants.
Reply Quote
I agree. Have the blacksmith do it, It would make more sense anyway.

If legendary enchanting is going to remain so expensive and unforgiving, this would go a long way. Weapon itemization and sockets are far more frustrating than they need to be. So many weapons are automatically bad because of the lack of options with enchanting. Weapons are basically outright useless if they are on the lower end of the dps roll and have no socket.

Before I knew any better, I rerolled a weapon's fire damage to be higher, not realizing how much better a socket would have been than higher weapon damage. It's now irreversibly way worse than it could have been! Seemed logical at the time...
Edited by Boris#1856 on 4/11/2014 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]