Diablo® III

Freezing on loading screen

I started getting this problem ever since RoS. MOSTLY, it seems to involve the loading screen when I'm entering or leaving a neph rift. But it has also happened whenever I just zone into to where ever the party is I'm playing with.

Basically the little red triangles at the bottom of the loading screen stop moving, which I assume (if they are moving) indicates it's loading. If the triangles stop moving the game freezes. The longest I've waited for it to "unfreeze" itself is 45 minutes. I can't get a crash ID because if the game freezes I'm not able to force quit so I have to restart my computer. HELP!?!?!

Is their a file I can lookup with all the crash ID's in it?

OS 10.9.2
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Reply Quote
I also have the same issue.

I notice that I'm able to kill the progress through the activity monitor.

OSX 10.9.2
2.6GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Edited by Bernthehe#2391 on 4/21/2014 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same issue. I find it's whenever I'm in a rift that's in the banished underground map from Act 5. Since I play full screen windowed mode, I am able to alt tab and force quit D3.
Reply Quote
I'm also having these hangs on the loading screen that require me to force quit the Diablo3 app. I've also noticed it tends to happen on Act 5 maps, but that may be simply a small sample size.

Beefy system running 10.9.2:
27" iMac
3.5 GHz i7
16GB RAM
GTX 780M 4GB
Reply Quote
Same with me. Happens only when starting a nephalem rift. The first loading screen of the rift will freeze up the game. So far it's happened about 5x and has only started happening since the most recent patch went live. Can't specify as to what act map it was loading.

OS 10.9.2
2.66 GHz Intel Core Duo CPU E8335
4 GB DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
Reply Quote
I get this same thing. Teleporting into or out of a rift I am always crossing my fingers. I get the load screen and I see the red diamonds scrolling, however instead of the game loading back up the red diamonds freeze and the game locks up. This happens if I'm doing a rift by myself and it also happens if I join a party that is already in a rift or we are all entering at the same time. It doesn't happen all the time.

Lucky I found out that I can get it to force quit with some keyboard combinations, but previously I was having to just shutdown the computer.

I don't remember having these issues before the latest patch. Please fix this, I'm tired of losing rift keys.

OS 10.9.2
2013 15" MacBook Pro Retina
2.6GHz Intel Core i7
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GT 750M
Reply Quote
This happened to me a lot when RoS was first released, then it went away for a while. Today it's back, full-force.

About 50% of the time, when I click a flag to teleport to a party in a rift my loading screen will freeze.

If the loading screen doesn't freeze there then it will freeze when I TP back to town.

Can't run rift it forward groups because of this. Randomly lose rift keys when I play solo. Get dropped from the group in public games. Game is mostly unplayable.
Reply Quote
Game is COMPLETELY unplayable for many. I check these forums every day for some kind of response to the freezing and crashing. The main support board is on fire with disconnects and lagging. Many are complaining of DCs during rift runs. Sounds to me like this isn't a "Mac" problem.

What I really don't flipping get is how it's so "difficult" for Blizzard's support team to give us some regular updates on what's going on. I can't believe how this company can just leave customers twisting in the wind without any kind of response.
Reply Quote
Same issue here. Seems to always be porting in or out of a rift. I have to hard kill the game with cmd-option-esc and then restart it. Real big problem, happens multiple times a day for me.

OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 iMac 27 inch late 2009.
Edited by Alec#1395 on 4/22/2014 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 12:55 PMPosted by dreday
Lucky I found out that I can get it to force quit with some keyboard combinations, but previously I was having to just shutdown the computer.

Just a quick tip in case you or anyone else didn't know. As long as you are playing in windowed mode and can see your OS dock, hold option and right click (control click) on the D3 icon and a force quit option should appear. You can force quit any application this way as well as relaunch Finder.
Reply Quote
Same here. Freezing on loading screens once already in game. It's not unplayable for me, but defiantly happens about once an hour. I can force quit diablo and be back within a minute, but it's very annoying.

Mac Pro
2x2.8 GHz Quad Core Xeon
6GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Reply Quote
I just started playing again recently. I don't have RoS. When I started up it patched my game to the new version, played fine. The second time I turned it on, it patched the launcher with the new Battle.net launcher. Issues are constant now. Any time I change areas it freezes. I even had it freeze when have my character talk to squirt in act 2. I was going to buy RoS, but if this is the overwhelming garbage I will need to put up with, I think I will pass.
Reply Quote
Also having this issue. Game is completely unplayable.. really really sucks.
Reply Quote
Happening to me also. Any loading screen will do it, single player or group.
It's past annoying, the game is almost unplayable. Completely over it.
Reply Quote
Same here, I keep losing the "completed rift" rewards because of this and it practically makes it impossible for me to play solo or "Rift it forward".

The friends I run with know the issue and one of them will usually port to town and close the rift before I return to town so I get the exp in case my client crashes...
Reply Quote
Having this issue as well on mid-2012 retina MBP. EXTREMELY annoying as I was porting back to sell stuff since I don't have slot to keep the legendary.. being piss poor from gems, I decided to sell the yellows and blues before going back for the legendary, BOOM game crashes nice one Bliz
Reply Quote
Also having this issue. Im playing HC and im scared each time im porting to a party member. Hope they will fix this soon.

Macbook Pro Retina 15"
Late 2013 with integrated graphics

Please fix!!!
Reply Quote
Same here. It only really started to get bad for me this week. Luckily I haven't lost anything (other than the XP from completing rift runs.

Hopefully there's a fix soon!
Reply Quote
Command + Alt + Escape = Force quit , works in full screen mode :) Same problems here 2
Reply Quote
It happened to me only in 1 type of lvl rift.

I don't know how to describ it, it's the one from the wizard pnj story.
When it's this rift, i have 90% to crash when tp on it or tp to town if i'm in.
Edited by KikitheKing#2759 on 5/14/2014 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]