Diablo® III

Legendary source/mojo dmg nerf intentional or not?

So a retroactive nerf on crafted offhands, and I bet we're not going to get a retroactive buff on existing offhands once issue #2 is patched.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:37 PMPosted by Nasreth
Does this mean that my source will get a small boost to it's damage roll in the near future?

I would like to know this too because if you told us that all the hard work we did to get the leg sources now was for nothing, it would really suck.
Reply Quote
I got a Tal Rasha Source today, does this means it sucks now? please fix the one that dropped already too
Reply Quote
Fixes like this are never retroactive, guys.
Reply Quote
Will you guys also fix the Vyr set bonus?!
Reply Quote
Since Blizzard is fixing offhands, how about fixing legendary shields so that they always roll higher block chance and block amount than yellow shields?

Getting a legendary shield and seeing 10% base block chance is pathetic and almost instant salvage material.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:34 PMPosted by MangoPirate
Since Blizzard is fixing offhands, how about fixing legendary shields so that they always roll higher block chance and block amount than yellow shields?

Getting a legendary shield and seeing 10% base block chance is pathetic and almost instant salvage material.

Yeah, I'm skittish of playing my Crusader for more than a little at a time specifically because I know I'll get bummed out when I get the shields I want but see that they have far less block amount than the Rare shields do. =\
Reply Quote
I doubt it will go retro for this, reason why i stop gamble any source / mojo. rather spend those shard on armor etc
Reply Quote
Can you please change the damage stat on off-hands into a +damage affix that works like +damage does on weapons? There's a problem with them right now.

At level 70, you can get iLVL 61 off-hands. When that happens the item is worthless because the base stat is +damage appropriate to level 61. Weapons don't have this problem because an iLVL 61 weapon dropping at 70 still gets a level 70 +damage affix. With off-hands an iLVL 61 off-hand will always get a level 61 +damage affix because it's baked into the base item.
Reply Quote
how about fixing 2h weapons? i want to play 2h barb again but at this point its absolutly useless and not worth it, might as well make 2h's crusader only weapons atm :D
Reply Quote
Let us to reroll sources damage, why we cant do it now?
Reply Quote
What about legendary shields? It says they got fixed when they were crafted, but legendary shields seem to be bugged currently all the time even if you get them from Kadala or when they drop regularly (the latter I can only tell based on experience of a friend).

I got several legendary shields from Kadala already and they all have significantly lower block amount values than level 70 rare shields have. The shield I am wearing right now,

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gokkel-2422/hero/40165925

Jekangbord, I got it two days ago or so from Kadala and it has the issue described.
Edited by gokkel#2422 on 4/22/2014 3:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree with people stating that this fix needs to be retroactive.

I mean, making nerfs retroactive like to the Moonlight Ward,
but not to buffs/fix is pretty retarded, don't you think Blizz ??

Don't forget that the people who have bugged underpowered sources/mojos is your bugs fault.
Don't penalize the players by not making it retroactive.

Because I have a feeling that you're thinking,
"for buffs, lets just not make it retroactive and make them farm for the newer powerful version and extend this games life".
Edited by Mason#1215 on 4/22/2014 5:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This retroactive fix is very important, especially as some of us (unfortunately including myself) grinded a significant amount of time to get that "perfect" roll before the patch (in my case it was the offhand "Spite").

If you need to balance the base damage, I guess people are fine with that. But a "near perfect" base damage roll BEFORE the patch should (no, MUST) become a "near perfect" base damage roll after the patch and not (like in my case with an awesome roll of 277 base damage) a worthless bunch of pixels after the patch.

Best regards!
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
The first issue was resolved in patch 2.0.4. For reference, in patch 2.0.4, we implemented a bug fix to address an issue with crafted Legendary Crusader shields rolling with the wrong Block value. It turns out that the same bug that was causing crafted Legendary Crusader Shields to roll with Block values that were too low was also causing crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos to roll with Damage values that were too high. As a result, we when we fixed the issue with crafted Crusader shields we also fixed the issue with crafted Mojos and Sources. This fix had the secondary effect of reducing the maximum +Damage value on many existing crafted Sources and Mojos, bringing them in line with dropped Sources and Mojos.

You really should take another look at the block value for legendary shield (classic and crusader).

At the moment legendary shield (loot or craft) have a block value that is random and even with a perfect roll is lower than what a basic white ascended shield gives :

-- Legendary shield : (12696–15870)–(15235–22218) Block Amount
-- Basic white ascended shield : 15870–23805 Block Amount (always the same value)

Same with crusaders shield.

And block chance need to be buff too.... 10% block chance on a leg is so pitifull.

Any reason why legendary shield are so bad ?
Edited by Sylmarr#2212 on 4/22/2014 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Go figure, I got my zuni off-hand a few weeks ago :P
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 02:29 AMPosted by Okrutnik

This is a great idea. Instead of you fixing our sources and mojos retroactively, just allow us to enchant the damage roll of these items to the higher/fixed ranges.

If you don't want to allow us to enchant the damage on sources and mojos from now until the end of time, why not enable it for only a few days after the patch? That would still allow us to fix our items.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 12:18 PMPosted by mentok1982
04/22/2014 02:29 AMPosted by Okrutnik

This is a great idea. Instead of you fixing our sources and mojos retroactively, just allow us to enchant the damage roll of these items to the higher/fixed ranges.

If you don't want to allow us to enchant the damage on sources and mojos from now until the end of time, why not enable it for only a few days after the patch? That would still allow us to fix our items.

+1
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
Hey everyone!

First off, apologies for the delay on this follow-up and thank you very much for your patience. We've looked into your reports with QA and the dev thoroughly and here's what happened:

The issue is actually two-fold:
  • Issue #1: Pre-patch 2.0.4, crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos had, on average, approximately 6% more damage than dropped Legendary Sources and Mojos.
  • Issue #2: Legendary Sources and Mojos (both crafted and dropped) are not currently being appropriately up-ranked to have more powerful base damage than Rare Sources and Mojos.

The first issue was resolved in patch 2.0.4. For reference, in patch 2.0.4, we implemented a bug fix to address an issue with crafted Legendary Crusader shields rolling with the wrong Block value. It turns out that the same bug that was causing crafted Legendary Crusader Shields to roll with Block values that were too low was also causing crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos to roll with Damage values that were too high. As a result, we when we fixed the issue with crafted Crusader shields we also fixed the issue with crafted Mojos and Sources. This fix had the secondary effect of reducing the maximum +Damage value on many existing crafted Sources and Mojos, bringing them in line with dropped Sources and Mojos.

While crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos are now using the correct values (both newly rolled and existing), this particular fix came a little sooner than we anticipated which means we didn't get to post about it advance. We sincerely apologize for not providing messaging ahead of time on this topic as well as for any inconvenience or negative effect that lack of messaging may have had on your gameplay experience. This applies especially to anyone who had an existing item affected by the fix itself.

In the near future, we'd like to address the second issue, which is that Legendary Sources and Mojos (both dropped and crafted) are not being appropriately up-ranked to have more powerful base Damage than Rare ones. Since any change made to address this issue would affect client-side data, it's not something we can hotfix; BUT, we are looking to implement a fix in an upcoming patch. We're still working out the specific details (including an ETA), but suffice to say that crafted/dropped Legendary Sources and Mojos should be more powerful than they were even prior to patch 2.0.4 once issue #2 is resolved.

Thank you so much for the reply! Good to hear it's going to be fixed. Hopefully it'll be retroactive as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]