Diablo® III

Legendary source/mojo dmg nerf intentional or not?

04/21/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
Hey everyone!

First off, apologies for the delay on this follow-up and thank you very much for your patience. We've looked into your reports with QA and the dev thoroughly and here's what happened:

The issue is actually two-fold:
  • Issue #1: Pre-patch 2.0.4, crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos had, on average, approximately 6% more damage than dropped Legendary Sources and Mojos.
  • Issue #2: Legendary Sources and Mojos (both crafted and dropped) are not currently being appropriately up-ranked to have more powerful base damage than Rare Sources and Mojos.

The first issue was resolved in patch 2.0.4. For reference, in patch 2.0.4, we implemented a bug fix to address an issue with crafted Legendary Crusader shields rolling with the wrong Block value. It turns out that the same bug that was causing crafted Legendary Crusader Shields to roll with Block values that were too low was also causing crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos to roll with Damage values that were too high. As a result, we when we fixed the issue with crafted Crusader shields we also fixed the issue with crafted Mojos and Sources. This fix had the secondary effect of reducing the maximum +Damage value on many existing crafted Sources and Mojos, bringing them in line with dropped Sources and Mojos.

While crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos are now using the correct values (both newly rolled and existing), this particular fix came a little sooner than we anticipated which means we didn't get to post about it advance. We sincerely apologize for not providing messaging ahead of time on this topic as well as for any inconvenience or negative effect that lack of messaging may have had on your gameplay experience. This applies especially to anyone who had an existing item affected by the fix itself.

In the near future, we'd like to address the second issue, which is that Legendary Sources and Mojos (both dropped and crafted) are not being appropriately up-ranked to have more powerful base Damage than Rare ones. Since any change made to address this issue would affect client-side data, it's not something we can hotfix; BUT, we are looking to implement a fix in an upcoming patch. We're still working out the specific details (including an ETA), but suffice to say that crafted/dropped Legendary Sources and Mojos should be more powerful than they were even prior to patch 2.0.4 once issue #2 is resolved.

Does this mean that when you fix it, you'll buff our current items since your last fix nerfed them. I know you guys try no to alter already dropped items, but with BoA, and this being a problem you guys created by "fixing" shields(?), hope that we won't be given the shaft twice.
Edited by Mordikye#1921 on 4/22/2014 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was actually waiting to see if anything else was going to get nerfed before I quit this game for good. I'm one of those players with tons of near perfect off hands screwed over my blizzard. Glad the community manager is doing their job and making sure that the testers B class bugs are really prioritized. Seems people were extremely vocal about this and no one cared to listen. Maybe they will start when 50% of the player base drops in the next 30 days or when the next expansion hits people will remember this and the original vanilla release and it's ugly step child named auction house Annie. Off to do my rift which I will get 4 legs on because of my rested leg xp. ..lmao
Reply Quote
I hope this will apply for sources/mojos that have already dropped. It's so hard to get a "perfect" one, and often times you have to use the mystic in order to roll some %skill damage or something else, which is a NIGHTMARE since sources/mojos have so many options..

I think my Tal source took a good 16 souls and I just recently rolled a Trium that took 29 souls.
Reply Quote
retroactive?
Yes please
Reply Quote
The fix better be retroactive!
Reply Quote
Well if they aren't making it retroactive, I'm done with this game.

Blizzard should know how hard it is to get a specific source we need with good stats.
If this fix isn't retroactive, you basically made us waste our time because of your bug.
Not just time spent on farming, but various mats and gold we put in to enchant stats over and over until we got the specific stat we wanted.

Farming considerable amount of time and not getting gear thats actually an upgrade is part of the game,
so while I might express my opinion on low drop rates, and might make me play less, but I'll still play the game from time to time.
BUT wasting time over a bug is totally a different story. I don't want to play a game which players get fu**ed over by a bug and has to start from scratch again.
Don't make the players pay the price because of your bugs.
Make the fix retroactive please. (I know you made nerfs to items like Moonlight Ward/SoH retroactive, so I know you can do it if wanted to)

I've stopped playing around 1.0.4, started playing again after 2.0.1 because I heard good things about the game. The game felt much better than it was back in vanilla, which made me buy the RoS collectors edition. Don't make me regret that decision.
Edited by Mason#1215 on 4/23/2014 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Seems kinda likely that the bug caused the old damage rolls to just be overwritten and thus lost. I wouldn't be surprised if a retroactive fix were not even possible. It's still their fault, of course, for introducing the bug in the first place, but if the old rolls are lost then getting mad about the impossibility of a retroactive fix is just a waste of time. Maybe that's why the blue post hinted that the fix might make sources/mojos even more powerful than they were before the bug. They might just buff newly found sources to be better than they were even with the old damage rolls, since a retroactive fix might not be technically possible.
Reply Quote
They nerf all SoH, but not buff all mojos out there. Deal with this.
Reply Quote
04/23/2014 04:50 PMPosted by GunzForHire
They nerf all SoH, but not buff all mojos out there. Deal with this.

Idiot, they nerfed Sources before SoH nerf. Why you mad at wiz for? We should be mad at you weenies instead. We got the first nerfs of everyone.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Lylirra
Hey everyone!

First off, apologies for the delay on this follow-up and thank you very much for your patience. We've looked into your reports with QA and the dev thoroughly and here's what happened:

The issue is actually two-fold:
  • Issue #1: Pre-patch 2.0.4, crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos had, on average, approximately 6% more damage than dropped Legendary Sources and Mojos.
  • Issue #2: Legendary Sources and Mojos (both crafted and dropped) are not currently being appropriately up-ranked to have more powerful base damage than Rare Sources and Mojos.

The first issue was resolved in patch 2.0.4. For reference, in patch 2.0.4, we implemented a bug fix to address an issue with crafted Legendary Crusader shields rolling with the wrong Block value. It turns out that the same bug that was causing crafted Legendary Crusader Shields to roll with Block values that were too low was also causing crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos to roll with Damage values that were too high. As a result, we when we fixed the issue with crafted Crusader shields we also fixed the issue with crafted Mojos and Sources. This fix had the secondary effect of reducing the maximum +Damage value on many existing crafted Sources and Mojos, bringing them in line with dropped Sources and Mojos.

While crafted Legendary Sources and Mojos are now using the correct values (both newly rolled and existing), this particular fix came a little sooner than we anticipated which means we didn't get to post about it advance. We sincerely apologize for not providing messaging ahead of time on this topic as well as for any inconvenience or negative effect that lack of messaging may have had on your gameplay experience. This applies especially to anyone who had an existing item affected by the fix itself.

In the near future, we'd like to address the second issue, which is that Legendary Sources and Mojos (both dropped and crafted) are not being appropriately up-ranked to have more powerful base Damage than Rare ones. Since any change made to address this issue would affect client-side data, it's not something we can hotfix; BUT, we are looking to implement a fix in an upcoming patch. We're still working out the specific details (including an ETA), but suffice to say that crafted/dropped Legendary Sources and Mojos should be more powerful than they were even prior to patch 2.0.4 once issue #2 is resolved.

Dont forget to add the DMG reroll on those Mojos and Orbs....
Reply Quote
retroactive?
Reply Quote
This is why I come to forums daily; watching Blizzard trip over their own game over and over is ridiculous. Losing faith everyday.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:38 PMPosted by Mou
Will this fix existing mojo/source or only new ones that will drop in the future?

bump
Reply Quote
They'll get back to it when they're done telling the next new player how to get through the character creation screen.
Reply Quote
Dunno if 8 days is a necro post, but we really need a blue response to whether or not this fix will be retroactive.
Reply Quote
I hope it's retroactive... Not going to farm another mirrorball.
Reply Quote
Retroactive fix!

Level 70 Legendary Mojos now roll with higher damage ranges than level 70 Magic and Rare Mojos
This change will affect existing Legendary Mojos

Level 70 Legendary Orbs now roll with higher damage ranges than level 70 Magic and Rare Orbs
This change will affect existing Legendary Orbs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]