Diablo® III

Is Maruaders worth it?

The zoo build is lots of fun for me, i've been doing zoo + some sentries in high torment, and swapping sentry for vengeance or RoV, and swapping awareness for ambush when doing low level content. The zoo build needs /some/ sort of hatred dump so it isnt just sitting on a lot of hatred. Because I got a nice magefist, no tasker and theo, and my marauder boots have CA dmg, i'm using LFB as my dump, but not my primary damage.

I think the zoo build best benefits from krider of any build out there.

Ideally zoo build (IMO) will have 4 piece Marauder + Tasker & Theo + bombadier's rucksack and a good balance of +physical damage for your pets and turrets along with +dmg for whatever your primary attack is (in my case with Krider it's +elemental arrow damage)
Edited by Tharkis#1187 on 4/22/2014 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It is worth it, the passives are stronger then 20%fire dmg.

Why do you think you are "lucky" to find trifecta magefist/marauder?
You wont benefit that much from ias, you are lucky if u find some with vit and cc so you can reroll ias to chd to get chd, vit, cc thats what u want.
YOU NEED toughness for higher mp, thats why marauder is good, even with a fire build.

You get enough toughness, hatred regen, runspeed to make up for 20%fire dmg that magefist add and you add the wolf cooldown (30%more dps on any 75%of the packs...) and extra pet dps on top of it.

Im not sure with prides fall, didnt get it within 1k bounties so i put that to rest but im not having ressource problem so im fine with andys, i use mine for low torments with a lot of multi spam thats why it doenst have 15%cluster but 6cc.
Having 20%fire+15%cluster is as much of a dmg gain as using magefist so...theres no ultimate best setup and magefist of all items arent the ultimate bis (prides fall may be until they nerf it but it doesnt matter since u can use marauder+prides fall).

PS: Using unity instead of grandeur only the 2set bonus is really worth it, there is no slots for 4piece marauder and in some party setups the unity ring is mandatory adding maybe more to the game then the set boni.
Edited by Halfzware#2970 on 4/22/2014 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the advice people!

@Halfzware I already have my double unity combo (makes T5+ easier solo), and with my current setup I have 9.5mil toughness in-game and have no trouble farming T4 without one. The passives from the companions are no doubt great but I'm actually giving up a lot more than I stated, including the asheras set bonus and about 200 AR from my gear that my Marauder's hasn't rolled. The reason I didn't mention that is because the Marauders makes up for most of it thanks to the Boar's passive etc.

I also have an entire stash tab dedicated to replacement items with different elemental % dmg so if you guys think physical is stronger etc and can easily swap my gear out and try different combinations!

If I did have the shoulders, boots and pants combo I would definitely use it and give up the Augilds and Asheras set allowing me to swap my bracers to reaper wraps. I then might even be able to swap in my Andariels instead of the pride's fall but I'd have to experiment with it first.

Once again thanks for all the advice I really appreciate it! I think I'll stay with my current setup and try and get the shoulders and boots to see how I feel about that combination.

P.S I'll have a play around with physical dmg and see how I go
Edited by Nemesis#1428 on 4/22/2014 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Personally I prefer zoo. Currently sitting at 6m toughness.
Doing t4 solo still manageable.

With the pets tanking and u shooting off screen it's kinda easy
With kridershot cold arrow they will be dead before they come close.

* for certain mobs *

So have to give up on my cindercoat till I find the marauder pants.

It's up to personal playstyle. Since I'm kinda lazy to vault / run around.

Just my 2 cents.
Edited by JoOs7eR#1145 on 4/23/2014 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Question?

My partner just completed a set and I dont play a DH much I was wondering do your pets share any Thorns dmg you have?

Cheers NeK
Reply Quote
Honestly, it just depends on your playstyle.

Both Marauders, and the Cinder/prides/mage combo are very juicy.

Another very overlooked bonus (at least in this discussion) is Nats. Nat's is arguably the BiS 1h, and with the boots + RoRG, you can get a ton of bonuses.

Obviously, it starts getting pretty tough squeezing all these pieces in.

Personally, I chose to go for Nats + Marauders, and sacrifice the Prides. With Reapers and/or Blood Vengeance, you're able to keep hatred pretty solid and only run out in long drawn out fights.
While Pride's is great on paper, I often found it tough to keep 100% uptime on the bonus (especially during those longer drawn out fights, where you need it most!), so it was an easy change for me. I'm not using the double unity bug/feature (point is moot, as I've only found 1 :P)
Reply Quote
Are any DH doing any CDR builds?
Reply Quote
04/23/2014 02:16 AMPosted by Menlyn
Personally, I chose to go for Nats + Marauders, and sacrifice the Prides. With Reapers and/or Blood Vengeance, you're able to keep hatred pretty solid and only run out in long drawn out fights.

I very much agree with this. Nats 1h + Boots combined with Marauder Helm/Shoulders/Pants (using RoRG obviously) should be quite good indeed. That way you can keep Cindercoat + Magefist, too, and only lose Pride's Fall - which can sometimes be shaky to keep up anyway.
Edited by Hinnyu#2473 on 4/23/2014 5:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2014 03:05 AMPosted by NeK
Are any DH doing any CDR builds?

I am, though I currently don't have much CDR due to lack of gear I really need to make it work well so far, so I have to stick to the main stats ftm.
Edited by Raven#1453 on 4/23/2014 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2014 02:16 AMPosted by Menlyn
Honestly, it just depends on your playstyle.

Both Marauders, and the Cinder/prides/mage combo are very juicy.

Another very overlooked bonus (at least in this discussion) is Nats. Nat's is arguably the BiS 1h, and with the boots + RoRG, you can get a ton of bonuses.

Obviously, it starts getting pretty tough squeezing all these pieces in.

While Pride's is great on paper, I often found it tough to keep 100% uptime on the bonus (especially during those longer drawn out fights, where you need it most!), so it was an easy change for me. I'm not using the double unity bug/feature (point is moot, as I've only found 1 :P)

I got something similar with my DH and I'm destroying mobs on T3 solo (been thinking on going T4 but haven't tried). Love it! :D

Cindercoat + Prides works really well when all the pets and follower keep the mobs busy while you spam those CA non stop, IT IS really good as it sounds, I've been wanting to find the marauder shoulders so I can add magefist or frostburn if I manage to find a Kridershot.

It depends on playstyle, but I think that CA and Maraduers can work together well but as you said, sometimes it gets a bit hard to keep the buff from prides up in long battles since there's a lot of stuff on the screen to dodge.

Darn, I haven't tried the Unity bug either and I had 2 of those rings!
Edited by RedAntares#1823 on 4/23/2014 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]