Diablo® III

Anyone else feel that Vengeance is too much?

Vengeance is great. The runes bestow you some pretty powerful effects. When you activate it, anything save bosses will be more or less completely annihilated. This much is true.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's a bit much. Even playing T3 or T4 with my average gear, I can certainly have elites that die before the 15 seconds are up. Then I am looking around for things to kill while it's active before I even stop to loot, so I don't feel like it's wasted.
Anyone else feel it would be better if it were not so extreme?

I propose a 60 second cooldown and a 12 second duration, instead of a 90 second cooldown and a 15 second duration.

I rather have it run out when the enemy is almost dead and have it on a shorter CD, than have it spill over excessively and find myself stuck with a boring CD. At worse the change slightly weakens it against rift bosses, but it would still be better off.
Reply Quote
personally I think its good the way it is. I also have a good amount of cool down reduction so that helps.
Reply Quote
Yeah in my experience the best use case for Vengeance is when you're rifting in a party that can't clear efficiently at the chosen difficulty. If I'm solo I would rather have ROV - Flying Strike for the mass CC, and I can't afford to fit both ROV and Vengeance on my bar. If I'm in a group but we're clearing efficiently, I will fight elites more often than once every 90 seconds so I would rather have ROV again.

On average you will kill maybe 15 elite packs in a rift before the guardian spawns, so if your group takes about 22 minutes or longer to clear the rift then Vengeance will typically be up for every elite fight. I think that's the optimal case for Vengeance.

The CC immunity isn't too important to me since Vault gets me out of everything that would CC me otherwise.
Reply Quote
It's fine how it is personally.
Reply Quote
I like vengeance as it is currently. Its nice when you pull 3+ elite packs in a rift and need to mow down mobs quickly.

I mainly use vengeance: seethe as a hatred regen and the bonus damage is just a perk.
Reply Quote
umm, its got a big cool down, no?
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:20 PMPosted by dawgiestyle
umm, its got a big cool down, no?
It does.

I suppose if I was not on the resource-cost-reduction bandwagon, I could afford to have CDR. Even then, I felt a 60 second CD with a 12 second duration would be better, though I suppose others have different opinions.
Reply Quote
Personally I might take it if it were a 30s CD and a 5-6s duration. At 60/90s if feels like it's doing nothing most of the time. You can't make a build that depends on it, because you can't have it for every elite pack. So you have it as an "oh-!@#$" button to use when you're in trouble, so you can have several runs where you don't use it at all. Whereas with a 30s CD, you can feel free to use it with much less thought.

Of course, other classes have some long cooldowns too and still find them useful, so maybe it's just me.
Reply Quote
Lol what a fail... the high cooldown makes me trash this skill... i got much more damage with preparation-punishment. Now vengeance is useless and If you say this you are not 1shotting elites pack on t3 like I do actually.
Reply Quote
You have wolf or rain of vengeance for a shorter cd/weaker ability
Reply Quote
It's actually pretty bad and used only for Hatred for more CA.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 05:05 PMPosted by alienangel
Personally I might take it if it were a 30s CD and a 5-6s duration.
That's a crazy idea, but actually sounds awesome.
Reply Quote
Yea let's nerf our skills/runes more to balance game to your liking =)

I'm all for more nerfs! Nerf partay!

04/22/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Hong
Unfortunately, sometimes it's a bit much. Even playing T3 or T4 with my average gear, I can certainly have elites that die before the 15 seconds are up. Then I am looking around for things to kill while it's active before I even stop to loot, so I don't feel like it's wasted.

Play T5 or T6???
Edited by SillyWabbit#1833 on 4/22/2014 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Hong

Turn it up to T5-6 and this is no longer an issue.
Reply Quote
you don't need to use it if you think it is to much

try doing ubers in T4 and T5, then say if it is still too much

also, compared to archon wiz it is not OP
Reply Quote
What is with this mentality of skills being overpowered? We're killing AI. You creepy kids need to stop giving input on Diablo. You know absolutely nothing of the earlier iterations in the series and are injecting all this WoW mindset garbage into a hacknslash. Please stop.
Reply Quote
What Jbones said and +
Reply Quote
^ completely agree.

I think the whole idea of "difficulty" in a gear check game is stupid. If I wanted difficulty I'd play Monster Hunter or Dark Souls. In a Diablo game, all I want to do is grind for gear and make the numbers go bigger. Who cares if something is overpowered or unbalanced?
Edited by AgentOfChaos#6575 on 4/22/2014 11:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To the people who read the title and immediately posted without reading the first post, no one said Vengeance should be nerfed.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 05:05 PMPosted by alienangel
Personally I might take it if it were a 30s CD and a 5-6s duration. At 60/90s if feels like it's doing nothing most of the time. You can't make a build that depends on it, because you can't have it for every elite pack. So you have it as an "oh-!@#$" button to use when you're in trouble, so you can have several runs where you don't use it at all. Whereas with a 30s CD, you can feel free to use it with much less thought.

Of course, other classes have some long cooldowns too and still find them useful, so maybe it's just me.

I feel the same way. I play Barb too and WOTB is even worse. 20 second uptime for a whopping 2 minute CD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]