Diablo® III

ww is toooooooo weak

blue, seriously ww as a fury spender is really not performing up to it standard at all.

i did a few t2 run on ghom for timing, and result for ww is too dismay.

weapon throw is 10 sec
frenzy is 12 sec
cleave is 13 second

and the godly ww is 24 seconds.

cmon blizz, buff ww!
ww is barb signature move, and every 1 love to ww!
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 4/20/2014 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
its also a full 360 degree aoe that allows you to move through enemies...
Reply Quote
I only use WW for mobility. The damage from it is terrible.
Reply Quote
I use WW for mobility as well. Will switch over when I get more plus lighting gear or another piece of IK.

It's a solid build, I can farm T3 easily with no TF.
Reply Quote
I agree, sadly.

I think that a buff to the skill might be good but better would be a WW set similar to the Raekor or Earthquake sets. Plus maybe 1 or 2 legendaries that play into WW.

For example:
Set bonus could give:
-10+ radius increase
- Firewalkers bonus ~350% dmg over 2 second on ground to monsters
- Run like the wind tornados being fire tornados lol

Set being fairly normal in other stats so that it wont become OP.

etc

Legendary stats on single items could be:
- WW damage increased to 780% damage but fury cost is doubbled
- WW deals 350% dmg as cold with a 30% freeze chance within a ~15 radius
- All WW runes are activated and the damage is turned to physical

Just a suggestion there are many paths to take here but I think this would be the way to go in this 2.0 system that I personally find really really good.

In this example I was thinking that the set bonuses wont make WW better against single monsters (bosses) but a blast against trash and low torment elites. And combined with one or two of the legs WW would be a nasty skill to use but you would need to invest every slot into it being possible and also find a solution for fury management if you want the High DMG whirlwind build to work (just like to you need a fury solution like Earthquake set if you wanna really use HoTA)
Edited by Jointit#2392 on 4/20/2014 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
why are ppl using ww as a mobility, don't u all miss how ww tear mob to pieces?
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 10:36 AMPosted by MINIKONG
why are ppl using ww as a mobility, don't u all miss how ww tear mob to pieces?

Hopefully they'll be able to fix this !@#$ because of the fix (which became a superbig nerf to WW) with shard of hate.
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 10:16 AMPosted by Skyfire

Your point is?

Considering you don't have a lvl 70 barbarian, I'll go ahead and assume that you are another one of those people that for some reason or another cares about a classes ability being buffed even though this is a non-competitive dungeon crawler.

I will never understand why people argue against facts. WW is under-performing. Every top barbarian and streamer has attested to this fact and the data they present backs it up. The only thing that made WW viable damage-wise in any way was pre-hotfix Shard of Hate. When a single item is the sole factor in defining the damage viability of an ability, that is proof positive that that said ability needs fixing.

Stick to your own class forums if you have no valuable input, please.
Edited by Rendar#1453 on 4/20/2014 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Rendar
04/20/2014 10:16 AMPosted by Skyfire

Your point is?

Considering you don't have a lvl 70 barbarian, I'll go ahead and assume that you are another one of those people that for some reason or another cares about a classes ability being buffed even though this is a non-competitive dungeon crawler.

I will never understand why people argue against facts. WW is under-performing. Every top barbarian and streamer has attested to this fact and the data they present backs it up. The only thing that made WW viable damage-wise in any way was pre-hotfix Shard of Hate. When a single item is the sole factor in defining the damage viability of an ability, that is proof positive that that said ability needs fixing.

Stick to your own class forums if you have no valuable input, please.

The guy you were arguing against has played 3x longer than you have and have put his fair share of time into this game, unlike you and your "1" character at 70.
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 10:36 AMPosted by Jointit
I agree, sadly.

I think that a buff to the skill might be good but better would be a WW set similar to the Raekor or Earthquake sets. Plus maybe 1 or 2 legendaries that play into WW.

For example:
Set bonus could give:
-10+ radius increase
- Firewalkers bonus ~350% dmg over 2 second on ground to monsters
- Run like the wind tornados being fire tornados lol

Set being fairly normal in other stats so that it wont become OP.

etc

Legendary stats on single items could be:
- WW damage increased to 780% damage but fury cost is doubbled
- WW deals 350% dmg as cold with a 30% freeze chance within a ~15 radius
- All WW runes are activated and the damage is turned to physical

Just a suggestion there are many paths to take here but I think this would be the way to go in this 2.0 system that I personally find really really good.

In this example I was thinking that the set bonuses wont make WW better against single monsters (bosses) but a blast against trash and low torment elites. And combined with one or two of the legs WW would be a nasty skill to use but you would need to invest every slot into it being possible and also find a solution for fury management if you want the High DMG whirlwind build to work (just like to you need a fury solution like Earthquake set if you wanna really use HoTA)

A WW set is unfortunately a Horrific idea. I'm guessing you've not got IK4(3) because the amount of damage the Ancients do it silly. A Fire WW is about the only spec on Barb that can actually use the Fire Ancients as opposed to the Physical Ancients.

To Replace these my (In terms of my current damage), IK3 (Helm/|Belt/Boots) my WW would have to be doing another 50million dps!

For the same reason you can not make WW rely on Fire Walkers because it breaks IK(3).What would be nice maybe is a WW set that can use Shoulders / Bracers / Neck / 1H (Can't use Legs due to Hexing Pants, can't use ring due to SOJ / RoRG), make the set bonuses something like

2: Quadruples the Pull Rate on Tornado Rune
3: Activate All WW Runes; Damage changes to Fire

P.S While we are at it, give us an IK7 Set Bonus: Titan's Grip.
Edited by Cygone#2415 on 4/20/2014 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I was using the volcanin WW but its too weak, im trying to find something to replace it
Reply Quote
Compared to our other spenders, WW is pretty anemic right now.

I play as a Lightning Barb, and I would gladly give up Windshear, for simply put, more overall damage from the skill.
Reply Quote
Agreed, WW is way to weak at this point. The skill needs to have a base +500% damage to be effective. Barbarians are getting the short end of the stick right now, They need a big overhaul if you ask me. It sucks because its all I play is Barbarian. I don't have much fun with the other characters.
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 11:04 AMPosted by InfinityGems
The guy you were arguing against has played 3x longer than you have and have put his fair share of time into this game, unlike you and your "1" character at 70.

Notice how my '1' character at 70 is a Barb? perhaps that's because Barbarian is the only class I like playing. I wasn't aware having other chars at 70 outside of the class forum you are posting on automatically made you a subject matter expert.

I did notice that apparently he has a lot of hours logged on the Barbarian class. If that's the case, then it boggles my mind as to why he wouldn't be supporting this. The statement he made is trivial and added no contextual value to the thread. If anything I would like to see him at least explain as to why what he said should be a reason that WW shouldn't be fixed and/or doesn't need to be because that statement in and of itself is not a good reason.

04/20/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Cygone
P.S While we are at it, give us an IK7 Set Bonus: Titan's Grip.

This idea isn't bad, a lot of barbs (including myslef) would love to return to our d2 roots and run around using double 2hers. This would take some intense tweaking though, given the buffed stats of 2hers. Most I have seen drop rolling 1k+ str, etc...that would be 2k+ str from weapons alone on top of everything else. Not sure how you would implement that and it still remain fair to all other classes in terms of raw power. Would love to see some suggestions on how that idea could work though. Enjoying reading some of the suggestions for WW here and in other threads.

04/20/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Cygone
A WW set is unfortunately a Horrific idea.

I agree with this statement as well. Good initiative, but bad idea. Problem with a WW set would simply be that the ability already has problems as it is. Once that set is outdated or becomes replaceable the ability would simply go to !@#$ again. The ability needs to be fine tuned prior to it getting an additive set bonus.
Edited by Rendar#1453 on 4/20/2014 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think we (WW barbs) would benefit more from an increase in procs for Sprint + RLTW instead. That's where most of WW barbs' damage came from before anyway. Now, its proc rate is horrific but no barb can be a true WW build without RLTW.
Reply Quote
WW is in a bad spot right now unfortunately. Since Patch 2.01, WW has been terrible with only SOH making the skill competitive.

That being said, WW does have utility in terms of movement and non-collision that is seldom taken into account. This alone allows for more stacking of DPS since the amount of EHP that WW builds need is lower than traditional HOTA builds. Hence whilst a boost to WW damage is required, it cannot be dealing the same amount of effective damage of what HOTA can do.

04/20/2014 06:12 PMPosted by MasterPUA
I think we (WW barbs) would benefit more from an increase in procs for Sprint + RLTW instead. That's where most of WW barbs' damage came from before anyway. Now, its proc rate is horrific but no barb can be a true WW build without RLTW.

Unfortunately RLTW is simply not viable now due to (i) proc rates as noted by yourself (ii) damage as every other spender had increase to damage in 2.01. RLTW being physical damage also holds the skill back in my opinion.
Reply Quote
wow, hadn't heard from MINI in a long time, but man you are right!

I've got lightning and skill % pretty stacked but it's pathetic compared to other skills.

I only use for LOW level speed bounties and MAYBE T1 rifts, but even at T1 it takes 2x longer to kill... I'm using every trick I know in this build but it's still not good enough.

I ENJOY WW, it just needs a damage buff
Reply Quote
I used to enjoy WW. than it came to me (pre-hotfix) that if you're not using TF or SoH, your WW is not valid for damage >< after the hotfix, i feel like only TF had the vocal of it

I don't have both (can only envy there's a lot of guys who had very nice-rolled TF), so I revert to HoTA instead. Quite a big change, and i started to do sufficient damage for the team.. Maybe someday WW will get some technical buff and it's time to play with them again.

I don't mind playing HoTA, though. Have been dancing for years on D3 vanilla and maybe a change is needed. I think class skill variation is required to make the game more fun, rather than seeing all barb do the same thing, spin to win hehe
Reply Quote
Obviously post nerf WW with SoH isn't as good, but I am still clearing T3 rather efficiently. I probably have the damage for higher, but I feel like my toughness is still too low.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]