Diablo® III

ww is toooooooo weak

04/22/2014 12:03 AMPosted by MADTHUNDER2
I think WW 's problem is "movement speed" but not damage at all.

It is not a good skill to contirbute single targeted damage but a good skill to run away from danger and move to a right postion for next attack. Low damage is expected but low movement speed is unaccepable.

why do I even need to waste a skill slot for ww to use it as a half past 6 escape mechanism.
Reply Quote
I have been spending all my time working on a WW lightning build that seems to be working pretty well right now. What I have found is that even though you don't have the large crits that fire builds show you have a lot of smaller ones which in my experience makes clearing a smoother experience. So instead of say one 10mil crit you'll have 3 3mil and a 1mil crit. The damage output is also a lot more consistent than with HotA because once you start to WW in a pack you never have to stop till you get to the last 2-3 typically. A WW focused spec does struggle at times with single target but with Frenzy I seem to do well enough once I get to the last elite/champion/guardian which has typically been whittled down quite a bit while the rest of the pack is cleared out with WW. It just came down to having to stack things just the right way to tweak a WW spec to perform well.

This brings me to another point. With me spending all this time dedicating to a lightning build for WW that I feel is enjoyable and effective, trying to max out my +lightning skill damage stat and lightning dmg output, to have my skills just swap elements is going to be very disheartening. This just seems like it could upset a lot of players that have put time like I have into a specific element, just to have it all tossed out with a patch.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 12:37 AMPosted by Lobo
I have been spending all my time working on a WW lightning build that seems to be working pretty well right now. What I have found is that even though you don't have the large crits that fire builds show you have a lot of smaller ones which in my experience makes clearing a smoother experience. So instead of say one 10mil crit you'll have 3 3mil and a 1mil crit. The damage output is also a lot more consistent than with HotA because once you start to WW in a pack you never have to stop till you get to the last 2-3 typically. A WW focused spec does struggle at times with single target but with Frenzy I seem to do well enough once I get to the last elite/champion/guardian which has typically been whittled down quite a bit while the rest of the pack is cleared out with WW. It just came down to having to stack things just the right way to tweak a WW spec to perform well.

This brings me to another point. With me spending all this time dedicating to a lightning build for WW that I feel is enjoyable and effective, trying to max out my +lightning skill damage stat and lightning dmg output, to have my skills just swap elements is going to be very disheartening. This just seems like it could upset a lot of players that have put time like I have into a specific element, just to have it all tossed out with a patch.

that why I am preparing a fire set in my store now....
Reply Quote
View profile
04/22/2014 12:23 AMPosted by MINIKONG
04/22/2014 12:03 AMPosted by MADTHUNDER2
I think WW 's problem is "movement speed" but not damage at all.

It is not a good skill to contirbute single targeted damage but a good skill to run away from danger and move to a right postion for next attack. Low damage is expected but low movement speed is unaccepable.

why do I even need to waste a skill slot for ww to use it as a half past 6 escape mechanism.

becuase positioning is important. Turn around a group of monster and slowly melt them down , move freely within large group of monster, doing damage without taking tons of damage. We need speed....what different is WW to HOTA if you can 1 shot anything?
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 4/22/2014 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 12:45 AMPosted by MADTHUNDER2
04/22/2014 12:23 AMPosted by MINIKONG

becuase position is important. Turn around a group of monster and slowly melt them down , move freely within large group of monster, doing damage without taking tons of damage. We need speed....what different is WW to HOTA if you can 1 shot anything?

I do furious charge better -.-
Reply Quote
View profile
<span class="truncated">...</span>

becuase position is important. Turn around a group of monster and slowly melt them down , move freely within large group of monster, doing damage without taking tons of damage. We need speed....what different is WW to HOTA if you can 1 shot anything?

I do furious charge better -.-

if furious charge cant stopped by small terrain , have a longer charge range, shorter recovery time or without any cool down. you are right. If you complete the set bonuse it is OP
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 4/22/2014 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
id like to think they will shift elements of the less used runes instead the most used ones, but who im kidding they will probably nerf fire builds
Reply Quote
I just got my barb to 70 today after having a pretty well geared wizard. I started off by using WW with the fire rune because I already had some fire gear. I couldn't believe how little damage I was doing.

Of course, I am coming from a much better geared character. However, I switched WW to HOTA and was like whoa, I can actually kill things now. The difference was night and day. It really does seem as if WW is a joke as a main attack. I can't believe I see so many barb profiles on here with it.
Reply Quote
WW and strafe damage are pretty low for %
strafe more than WW.

but the main problem actually is that all build < Fire build due to 2 idiots items ( cinder and magefist )
Edited by Exenae#2513 on 4/22/2014 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
WW and strafe damage are pretty low for %
strafe more than WW.

but the main problem actually is that all build < Fire build due to 2 idiots items ( cinder and magefist )

Not really. I was using those two items (not good rolls, but still) with the fire rune for WW and it still sucked.
Reply Quote
WW is !@#$ing terrible now that shard is "fixed". And now you're going to change skill elements around? after everyone who went lightning for WW has to find all new gear. Also wizards that went cold dmg had to switch their %^-*. Is this their way of making the game last more than a month? yeah lets make everyone have to re-farm their gear over and over or spend a !@#$load of money re-rolling them again... Maybe balance the game before its released? %^-*!@#s. Next thing you know they are going to change WD dots from cold dmg, and pets from physical dmg.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 01:01 AMPosted by ncG8RforLIFE
I just got my barb to 70 today after having a pretty well geared wizard. I started off by using WW with the fire rune because I already had some fire gear. I couldn't believe how little damage I was doing.

Of course, I am coming from a much better geared character. However, I switched WW to HOTA and was like whoa, I can actually kill things now. The difference was night and day. It really does seem as if WW is a joke as a main attack. I can't believe I see so many barb profiles on here with it.

because of the ww barb uses soh like me before the nerf, and trust me before the nerf, hota is a joke
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 03:43 PMPosted by Chakra
This sounds like terrible news. I'm fully expecting a nerf to Fire and having to re-gear and re-enchant everything. I'm not exploiting Unity, Gloves of Worship, old SoH and yet I'm going to be punished all the same.

Same old crap Blizzard, getting tired of it.

If blizzard nerfs or "fixes" fire in a way that forces me to farm a new set of gear because they fixed fire skills.. I will never dare touch this game again. You and I put many hours into our gear, then they just take the fun out of it with a "fix" aka nerf.

Do the buffs blizz, and abandon the nerf hammer.
Reply Quote
I've read the whole thread and I'm quite surprised to see that Whirlwind is seen as performing very poorly by the Barb community.

I'm using Bash with the Onslaught rune (physical) and Whirlwind with the Dust Devils rune (physical) and I got +39 % physical damage through offhand weapon and bracers. The damage from Fire Walkers complements Whirlwind nicely. Thanks to Reaper's Wraps and the occasional Bash I don't have any problems with fury generation.

I run T2 but I could easily do T3 rifts if it weren't for my low toughness. I'm actually happy with my kill speed.

Since I'm wearing Magefists I'm contemplating enchanting the +physical damage on my bracers to +fire and giving HotA another try but I'm not looking forward to losing the mobility advantage.

I hope I'm not making a fool of myself by chirping up with my positive attitude in this thoroughly bitter discussion – I'm not highly educated in Barb matters.

(If you care to look at my profile you might need to select Europe)
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:07 AMPosted by Galanos
I've read the whole thread and I'm quite surprised to see that Whirlwind is seen as performing very poorly by the Barb community.

I'm using Bash with the Onslaught rune (physical) and Whirlwind with the Dust Devils rune (physical) and I got +39 % physical damage through offhand weapon and bracers. The damage from Fire Walkers complements Whirlwind nicely. Thanks to Reaper's Wraps and the occasional Bash I don't have any problems with fury generation.

I run T2 but I could easily do T3 rifts if it weren't for my low toughness. I'm actually happy with my kill speed.

Since I'm wearing Magefists I'm contemplating enchanting the +physical damage on my bracers to +fire and giving HotA another try but I'm not looking forward to losing the mobility advantage.

I hope I'm not making a fool of myself by chirping up with my positive attitude in this thoroughly bitter discussion – I'm not highly educated in Barb matters.

(If you care to look at my profile you might need to select Europe)

u have a tf, maybe u try take out ww, and use mighty throw and compare the difference :)
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:48 PMPosted by KopaKabana
04/21/2014 03:06 PMPosted by Rattenmann

Uhm, that is something that i am actually afraid of. Stacking elemental gear just to have your damage skill suddenly change element does not sound like fun to me.

did u not cried for frozen orb build nerf
now, deal with it

Nope, i did not cry for a FO Nerf, since FO has been one of the weaker spells in a wizard arsenal, even before the nerf. It was just easier to pull off without any meaninful gear. Great starter spell if you want to put it that way,... not viable for engame, not even before nerf, so no nerf was needed.
Reply Quote
In the case of DH:

Fire - 120% damage + 25-30% cost reduction + Nuke hatred Spenders

Cold - 100% damage + 20-40% chance to freeze - NO nuke hatred spenders

Poison - 100% damage - No Buffs - No nuke

Light - 100% damage + Light proc (belt) - No nuke

Physical - 80% - No buffs - Good build possibilities but worst elemental damage

We need (DH) a 120% build in all elemental. We need a cluster poison arrow, a better physical cluster arrow (rigth now is 50% fire 50% physical, not worth)

Also It would be nice to have Crossbows that have +%elemental damage or elemental quives like other classes have (a lot of 1H or 2H weapons with +% elemental damage buffs or elemental damage procs)

It would be nice. Right now DH best effective build is (only) fire
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Nevalistis
04/21/2014 01:12 PMPosted by soci
WW is not imo a huge issue but the fact that lightning/cold/non-fire builds all perform poorly and aren't really good compared with fire.

This is actually a topic I've been meaning to post on for a while, but hadn't found a good opportunity yet. Now's as good a time as any, I suppose!

When we did a pass on elemental damage types across skills during the Closed Beta for Reaper of Souls, the Barbarian class was one that received the most revision. While we arrived at a place much closer to where we were aiming, we think there's room for some additional adjustments. I don't have details on exact changes to share at this time, but it's likely you'll see some skills, and not just for the Barbarian, shift around their elemental type in a future patch.

Wait, so what your saying is lets say current I have a fire HotA barb, i've spent over a month collecting the perfectly optimized gear with all the fire skill dmg etc. and salving mostly everything else in order to get souls... But now you might just change that to lightning, more or less forcing me to start over? For what reason, how does this balance or change anything... I collect gear with the word lightning instead of fire and then go back to doing the exact same thing, I only see negative with such a change, I see no positive can someone explain this to me?
Reply Quote
I don't have details on exact changes to share at this time, but it's likely you'll see some skills, and not just for the Barbarian, shift around their elemental type in a future patch.

IMHO cold skills are a bit underrepresented in the barbarian palette - you might consider making Whirlwind - Dust Devils cold? Or just one rune on a primary attack? Would be nice and I think with the Whirlwind it makes perfect sense that barbarians from the icy north can perform a blizzard-like attack :-) Would be cool to ww through a pack and see the mobs freeze behind you.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/21/2014 01:12 PMPosted by soci
WW is not imo a huge issue but the fact that lightning/cold/non-fire builds all perform poorly and aren't really good compared with fire.

This is actually a topic I've been meaning to post on for a while, but hadn't found a good opportunity yet. Now's as good a time as any, I suppose!

When we did a pass on elemental damage types across skills during the Closed Beta for Reaper of Souls, the Barbarian class was one that received the most revision. While we arrived at a place much closer to where we were aiming, we think there's room for some additional adjustments. I don't have details on exact changes to share at this time, but it's likely you'll see some skills, and not just for the Barbarian, shift around their elemental type in a future patch.

Earthquake could use a physical rune. Cave-in would be a good candidate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]