Diablo® III

How did you get your magefist/cindercoat?

When i use my shards should i be using them on my monk or DH to have a better chance to roll the chest? Since i can't roll cloaks on monks. Also i have never seen magefist drop but whenever im group'd with wizards they seem to drop like candy for them. Im just curious to see how you guys got yours.
Reply Quote
Not that it really matters (you can farm them anywhere), but both my Magefist and Cindercoat dropped when completing a normal bounty run in Act 5. This has happened twice for me now (rolls for both of them were much better the second time around).

Lady Luck can be rather fickle when she wants to be!

Best of luck in finding yours :-)

And with regards to your question, yes if you try Kadala using your Monk you eliminate the chances of getting legendary cloaks, which wipes out a few options (thus increasing your chance of gambling for a Cindercoat).

Regards
Reply Quote
I went through a ton of shards before I got a single magefist, and then I got like 6 in the next 500 or so shards working to get one where I could get cc+cd.

As to cinder, I spent 1 rift's worth of shards, then a cindercoat dropped from a clickable in the next rift I ran lol.
Reply Quote
Got both from Kadala. Used ~10k shards on chests before I got my Cindercoat. Magefists were easy to get for me and only took ~500 shards. Both rolled like !@#$ though unfortunately but yeah not going to bother with chest armors anymore since I almost lost my mind trying to get my current one.
Reply Quote
Kadala gave me the Cindercoat after many shards spent.

Magefist dropped for a RL friend WD while we were grouped and he had no use for them... So, I just relrolled the INT to CD... but I'm still looking for one with better rolls
Reply Quote
I received both from Kadala.
Reply Quote
Gambled for both of mine. Mfists came up 4 times in 1000 shards. Cindercoat once in approx the same volume.
Unfortunately, Cinder also dropped 15 mins into RoS, so i had a lvl 60 as a find and had been stuck upgrading it.
Reply Quote
Magefist - received this in abundance. Got from chest, white mobs, elites, kadala. Honestly, this legendary is considered 'common' for me.

Cindercoat - This is rare for me though. I only managed to get it once via Kadala through my monk. Gambled tons of bloodshards at kalada, kept getting all sorts of random chests and cloaks.
Reply Quote
Awesome! ty for the responses. Calms my mind knowing i can still keep gambling! hahaha. Kadala has given me over 7 chaingmails or w,e that !@#$ is called
Reply Quote
I see you have a Monk - roll for Cinder Coat on that toon
Reply Quote
Mindless farming, I've seen 3 cindercoats and 5 magefists
Reply Quote
My cinder coat dropped from a white mob in the Dalghur Oasis and my magefist came out of a chest in the Halls of agony, both doing bounties on T1.
Reply Quote
I gambled for both of mine. I used my monk to gamble for the Cindercoat. I got 4 Magefists through gambling before I finally got one that I could have CC and CHD on.
Reply Quote
Cinder - Kadala (8.8k~ shards)

Magefists - lvl 60 loot while doing resets for Diablo on Monk. I have received I think probably 7~ pairs now from Kadala, but none of them are Trifectas and I think I would want 40% cd over 300~ more dex.
Reply Quote
I got both of them from Kadala.

Only spent about 200-300 shards to get them both too. crazy luck i guess.
Reply Quote
Both from Kadala. Both took a while.
Reply Quote
Both mine came from Kadala on my DH. Got 2 magefists actually, though the 2nd wasn't better than the first.
Reply Quote
Cindercoat 800roll (4k shard) - no luck yet.
Reply Quote
Cinder from Kadala as DH. Probably 2-3k shards total.

Magefists were a drop for my crusader friend. Rerolled STR off them, would still like a pair of dex ones. Will probably come back to it if I manage to get a better weapon, currently dumping shards for Calamity.
Reply Quote
Cindercoat from my DH's first Malthael kill last night.

I've been playing DH for a couple weeks I just never did act 5.
Edited by Agathon#1947 on 4/22/2014 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]