Diablo® III

Quality of Life improvement for the Followers.

So players don't even want to farm for follower gear anymore.. where is this nonsense going to.. sigh...
Reply Quote
91 Troll Priest
04/18/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Grimiku
I think this is solid feedback, and I'd be happy to pass it along. A lot has changed with the followers since Reaper of Souls was released, and it might be a good time to take another look at them. We don't have any current plans to alter how followers are equipped, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it.

• Do you currently share follower gear between your characters?
  • How often do you swap follower gear around?
  • Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

1) ALL THE TIME! When I log ff, I strip the follower of choice of their gear and put it in the shared inventory so whatever character I play next can take it out and re-equip it.
2) Multiple times a session. I have one maxed of every class.
3) I would prefer to just have the followers universal across all characters like the Blacksmith, Jeweler and Mystic.

Side note: With Loot 2.0 if there are players that don't have a Wizard or Witch Doc it would be very hard to get a good Enchantress gear to set up since 99% of the gear will drop with Strength (barbs/crusader), or Dex (monks/DH).
Reply Quote
I think this is solid feedback, and I'd be happy to pass it along. A lot has changed with the followers since Reaper of Souls was released, and it might be a good time to take another look at them. We don't have any current plans to alter how followers are equipped, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it.

• Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

No
Never as I am grouped with friends.
No because I am grouped and cant use em.
Reply Quote

Yes
once a week cuz its too annoying
Absolutely yes !
Reply Quote
1. No.
2. Never.
3. Yes.

I think the reason you have to gear your followers for different characters is the same reason you have to gear multiple barbarians. They're separate characters, and the follower gear slots are considered character gear slots, if somewhat less important.

I don't particularly see the need for followers to share gear any more than I would see the need for my two demon hunters to share the same gear. That said, if such a change were made I'd definitely make use of it, because it's easier to get perfect gear for one set of followers than several.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Fragbait
Madmyke

Good point. maybe it can be optional. Under options you can check if you want it or not.

For example:

My wizard's enchantress uses status effect gearing with erosion to confuse, charm, blind etc. Makes killing mobs more like shooting fish in a barrel.

My witch doctor's enchantress uses a maximus to compliment my pet build.

Please keep the separate gearing optional at least so I am not forced to regear my followers every time I switch characters.
Reply Quote

I swap follower gear every time I play a different class for an extended period of time, so maybe once a week.

God yes, I really wish followers shared gear.
Reply Quote

1. Yes when I focus on another character as main.
2. Not often because it is inconvenient.
3. Yes 100%
Reply Quote
1. Yes
2. Very oftenly due to having a great Templar build.
3. Yes

4th suggestion

Followers should be able to use sets bonus if this have not been fixed yet. Yeah I know it's very few gear options when using sets, but they do not apply when used on followers if I remember correctly..

5th suggestion.

Followers should benefit from elemental skills, reduced cooldowns and possible other affixes

6th suggestion... Quiver support for Scoundrel and offhand equipment for Enchantress. It's highly unfair when having the most solid build using an Templar with shield. Or it's just because I dont find any good weapons on eigther one using the Crusader mostly with current loot :P
Reply Quote

Simply put, it's hardcore and needs to quit being dumbed down. Yes some things are a pain, it's part of the game.
Reply Quote

I don't share follower gear because of how immensely annoying it is to do

I would swap it every time I went to use another character of mine

This is a feature I would love to have
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Jeofery
Side note: With Loot 2.0 if there are players that don't have a Wizard or Witch Doc it would be very hard to get a good Enchantress gear to set up since 99% of the gear will drop with Strength (barbs/crusader), or Dex (monks/DH).

It's the same deal with characters who don't have a crusader or barb to gear up Kormac, and characters who don't have a DH or monk to gear up Lyndon. Loot 2.0 does have the unfortunate side-effect of leaving followers who don't share a primary stat as your PC in the cold; follower tokens help mitigate that, but it isn't quite enough on its own to keep them meaningful in solo play.

Follower DPS generally isn't very high to begin with; this is just me, but I'd suggest changing item budgets on the follower tokens to provide 150-200% of the respective primary stat which eases the burden of finding the specific range of off-stat items for them.
Reply Quote
- Do you currently share follower gear between your characters?
No.

- How often do you swap follower gear around?
Never

- Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear
I may use it, but not looking forward to it.
Reply Quote
1. Yes but it depends on the follower.
2. I generally swap follower gear around for rifts/when i get upgrades/gearing up a new character.
3. Yes, without a doubt. Especially due to legendary follower items.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 11:59 AMPosted by Mike
1, Yes
2. Anytime I play on a different character for an extended period of time
3. Definatly
Reply Quote

Yes - often since I don't have the legendary follower tokens on every character - Yes
Reply Quote
Followers definitely need to be reworked. I'd like to see them in multiplayer games and more followers added to the game. Also I wouldn't mind fully gearing the followers as something else to do in the game. I enjoyed that feature in diablo2 greatly. I think a lot of players would enjoy this in diablo 3 as well.
Reply Quote

1.Yes
2. Everytime i switch to a different character
3. Yes it would save so much time
Reply Quote

• No.
  • N/A
  • Possibly. It's really not something I think about. If I get a good drop for my follower, I give it to them. I don't worry about trying to transfer the best stuff around, because they're only followers.
Reply Quote
Please revert the follower nerf you implemented with the last patch.
My follower has died more since then than from ROS release up until that patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]