Diablo® III

Quality of Life improvement for the Followers.

04/18/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
04/18/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Artemix
Also, Grimiku, please deliver this feedback:

- when you die an are about to respawn, your follower respawned seconds before you did, instantly dying, then you revive -> no follower there.

Fix: give him the same "ghost time" that you have.

I'll put this on my list of things to talk about at our next meeting. It's something I certainly notice when I'm playing my normal mode characters, and the followers would probably like it if they took less dirt naps, too.

Please do. It's especially annoying because the mobs will spawn all their abilities on the follower so you spawn with 100 frozen and arcane enchanted on your face.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Grimiku
Do you currently share follower gear between your characters?
How often do you swap follower gear around?
Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

share? only 1item, the ess of johan, i would share all but its such a pain even in the butt with just one item

swap? not too often, sometimes a ring or amulett or the weapon they use , but maybe once a week or something like that

would i use a sharing feature? TOTALLY; i would really like this because i could have one really nice templar (i have dont swap rings, and some of my templars dont have good ones)
Reply Quote
I think this is solid feedback, and I'd be happy to pass it along. A lot has changed with the followers since Reaper of Souls was released, and it might be a good time to take another look at them. We don't have any current plans to alter how followers are equipped, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it.

Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

1. No--only because it is such a pain to switch. I play all 5 classes almost equally now so managing that many followers is not really possible with the limited amount of time I get to play. Usually I just gear them with whatever I find on the character I'm currently playing
2. Never
3. YES--If I could share followers between accounts, I would actually spend time to figure out the best way to gear them. Now my followers are geared haphazardly.
Reply Quote
1. Yes
2. Sometimes
3. Yes
Reply Quote
1) YES
2) Sometimes... because I can be lazy and just not use a follower due to having to swap gear
3) YES
Reply Quote
Yes.

Yep, any character I know I'll be soloing with.

Like... all my level 70 characters' followers have shared gear? Definitely!

I kinda miss the way followers worked in D2 (could still follow you in multiplayer, had more equipment slots for customization), but still glad I don't have to pay a resurrect cost anymore.
Reply Quote
Yes.
A lot.
OH MY GOD YES
Reply Quote
all of the yes.
Reply Quote
I think this is solid feedback, and I'd be happy to pass it along. A lot has changed with the followers since Reaper of Souls was released, and it might be a good time to take another look at them. We don't have any current plans to alter how followers are equipped, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it.

• Do you currently share follower gear between your characters?
  • How often do you swap follower gear around?
  • Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

wow i was gone all day and wasn't expecting to come back to this kind of feedback! I am glad that people think it is a genuinely good idea. To answer the questions here:

No, I do not currently share the gear BUT I would like to. I primarily play my barbarian, but I would say that one of the things that keeps me from playing the other classes more often is that I have to switch gear around from my followers.

N/A

Yes, without a doubt I would use this system. I think overall it would be just one of those small tweeks that could make it a great quality of life adjustment, and would kind of influence me to playing other characters more than I do.

Thank you for passing along this feedback.
Reply Quote

• Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

1) Nope, I wind up just end up ignoring most of them honestly save for the one I use soloing. I find it too much of a hassle to transfer gear from one character to another and trying to gear another three per character is just a huge pain.

2) I don't think I have ever swapped Follower gear or if I did it was an item or in some obscure situations. However, again, I probably stopped doing that since it took so much time.

3) Definitely, if my max level characters had their Follower gear shared, that would be a huge relief.

Might it also be possible for us to see some stat comparisons between their currently equipped gear and an item we are trying to give them. Right now the only way to determine if they are getting an upgrade is to look at the changes in damage and toughness after equipping it.
Reply Quote
No I do not swap follower gear between characters. I don't think I would use a system like this either. I kinda hoped for the other direction. I would like more customization for followers (more gear to hunt for) not less. A system like this seems like you might as well just give followers a set boost for our characters and git rid of gear all together. Seems like a negative to me.
Reply Quote
Absolutely, there's no reason to force followers to have separate gear. They are able to swap gear around (the game doesn't prevent) however it's an admin/nuisance that doesn't either support a mechanic in the game, nor add to any challenge in having them be separate.
Reply Quote
What almost everyone else said: no, swapping gear around is too much of a hassle. Yes, I would use a gear sharing system. Here's how I think it should work:

Instead of gearing followers directly, you would create gear sets that any follower may equip (provided they meet level and class requirements). Each set may be equipped by multiple followers at once. There should be some limit on how many sets we can have. Maybe one per character per follower? Or maybe a fixed six (per follower) for each mode (HC/SC)? Feel free to discuss. In any case, there should be enough to meet the needs of those who like to use different gear for different builds.

Regarding level requirements: Simple, the level requirement for a given set is the same as the requirement of whatever the highest level item you put in that set. This would eliminate the need to implement a gear scaling system. For example, you could put lvl 70 gear in every set; new followers would simply be unable to use them.

Optionally, the sets themselves could be subject to the same level restrictions as your followers. For example, you have three lvl 70 characters and a lvl 45. Three (per follower) of your sets can hold any gear, while one (per follower) can only take up to lvl 45 gear. Not a huge deal, but this could just be another form of character/account advancement or a way of preventing mule characters from contributing to your 70's follower's gearing options (like that would greatly upset the balance of the game or something).

Regarding death in hardcore: I think it doesn't make sense to lose gear for a follower you're not even using. Yeah, you can bank your enchantress and scoundrel gear while you take your templar out for a night on the town, but again, gear management is a hassle. With this system, follower gear would not be associated with a specific character. When you die, you would only lose the set your current follower was using. Any other follower using that set would now be naked (remember to switch them over to the backup set; you did make a bakeup, right?)
Reply Quote

1) Yes
2) Several 70s switch whenever I switch to them from the other. In other words, daily.
3) Most assuredly. It would also convince me to craft more of the Asheara's set for more of my 70s.
Reply Quote
View profile

No, I do not share item between class because each class has different requirement and the specific follower that best suit that build. I may switch follower for a character but the item are different between classes. Even if I have 2 class of the same, I will have different builds and require different follow setups.

As said above. I will only switch them to test to see if this setup is better or not.

No. Please don't force it on everyone if it must be added. I would like to keep each of my follower different. If they are all the same, the fun of gearing these "pets" will be removed.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 4/18/2014 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I LOVE the idea and the amount of time it would save gearing 6-7 sets of followers

My question is how would this work in Hardcore mode, if it is implemented at all?

Would a hero death = followers gear being destroyed?
Reply Quote

What I miss in this topic is that gearing followers is a pain if the follower isn't same main stat based as you are.
If I play for example caster class and i want to use the templar it is a real pain to find items that are good for the follower.
While if i have the enchantress i can just give my old gear to her which makes that follower so much stronger then the other followers.

Maybe make it so that a follower see str, dex and int as the same main stat so that way you don't have to reroll gear for it.

To answer your questions:
1. I don't use my followers a lot when I play solo cause gearing up is a big pain compared to before 2.0.
2. I do swap out my rings, amus and weapons if I play for example on hc where they are more important.
3. would totally love that option and would make playing alone in a game much better.
Reply Quote
Yes.
A few times a week.
Definitely.
Reply Quote
  • Yes
  • Once a day
  • Yes
  • Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]