Diablo® III

Stacking RoS SoJ and Leg SoJ

I just noticed that you can roll 2 SoJs at the same time. I was wondering if there are any DH that are doing this. I have a nice ROS SoJ in my main slot, right now in my second I have a leorics that has 468 Dex 7% IAS 37% CHD and 5.5% CC. The legacy SOJ has +5% poison damage, 30% increased damage to elites, +10 disc and i believe 10% increased damage to EA (although i dont use EA in my current build). Will the addtional 30% to elites make up for the loss of IAS,CHD and CC. Also I thought that the +5% poison damage affix mechanic functioned differently than the current + % elem damage. Anyone have some info on this?
Reply Quote
Edited by Rolia#1430 on 4/22/2014 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 02:51 PMPosted by Rolia
Legendaries are unique equipped, so you can't wear 2 SoJ's.

Yes you can.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 02:51 PMPosted by Rolia
Legendaries are unique equipped, so you can't wear 2 SoJ's.

SMH... actually you can. If one is a RoS version and one is a legacy version.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Myon-1319/hero/11371696

here is a profile that shows it.
Reply Quote
You'll lose a ton of DPS going with a legacy SoJ. I think it was something like 20%+ for me. You'll end up with a tiny bit more DPS against elites at the expense of a lot less damage against whites.

The only situation I think it is worth it is if you are running a CA or Chakram build for the -5 cost reduction. I have a nice -5 CA 29% in the bank and honestly it's probably better for me than using Wyrdward especially because I am running a non-fire CA build with no Cindercoat, but I still prefer to use all level 70 gear. I feel a little dirty using a level 60 SoJ and DML for -10 CA reduction.
Reply Quote
Look at my profile. I'm rolling two SOJ, ros and legacy. With +57% elite bonus dmg and +23% fire dmg along with my two piece blackthorns, I'm sitting at 67% elite dmg.

Lets just say I can crit 80-100mill CRT dmg on elites.
Edited by b0wd0wN#1724 on 4/22/2014 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The real reason to wear legacy SoJ is the - to Cluster Arrow. Barring that, besides that, you might want to look for a Ring of Royal Grandeur or something instead.
Reply Quote
Was this patched or something? I just tried to put on both and I couldn't. I'm sure one was 60 and the other was lvl 70.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:31 PMPosted by Coughphee
Was this patched or something? I just tried to put on both and I couldn't. I'm sure one was 60 and the other was lvl 70.

Level 60 =/= legacy. The one I'm wearing now is legacy. Any other kind is not.
Reply Quote
Ok so i did some tests last night on this. I use a strafe build and I was hitting the white mobs for between 600k-900k, which is less than my normal setup. Elites were taking about 1.2 mil - 2 mil per strafe tic. I have my + damage against elites up to 75% bonus. I did my test both in T1 solo rifts and T2 group rifts. I will say the T1 solo rifts were EZ mode. Everything went down in like 3-4 seconds. T2 the damage was a less on the white mobs but still clearing very easily. Elites were dropping like flies, each encounter with elites were on average about 5-10 seconds. I was alternating using ROV and then VENG. I would use ROV on first encounter with elite pack and clear. Then VENG on the next pack and would alternate each to always have one on cooldown and one ready to use. Overall I must say that i was very surprised how quickly the elites health was burning down. Its a trade off of about 100k sheet DPS but overall the kill speed and ability to move quickly fits my build perfectly. I think i will be using this setup for a while. The abilty to clear everything so fast on t1 is were i was looking to build this too. I dont think this would be good on the higher Torment difficulties, it probably would only be viable up to T3. Still have some more testing to do on it though.
Reply Quote
I started softcore two days ago thanks to the unexplained bnet server lag, and was VERY fortunate to find the SoJ and Cinder within those 2 days. It's currently equipped on my sc DH!
Just wanted to shamelessly brag because I'm so happy!
Thanks RNGesus!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]