Diablo® III

Reasoning behind normal bounty dropping the same as T6?

(Locked)

Will this come with an increase in blood shard cap? 999 at least pls...
04/25/2014 05:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
As a heads up, we’re looking to make two changes to Horadric Caches. The first change is to allow the caches to drop Torment-only Legendary items. The second is to increase the chance that you’ll find a Legendary item in Horadric Caches, including Act-specific Legendaries like the Royal Ring of Grandeur, based on the Torment difficulty. What this means is that Horadric Caches earned in Torment I+ will be able to drop Torment restricted Legendary items, and caches earned in Torment II+ will have a scaling bonus for dropping Legendary items (which includes those items only found in a cache).

You can find a list of Torment-only Legendary items right [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505892002?page=3#45"]here[/url], courtesy of Nevalistis. :)

+1! Excellent news.
I hate seeing forgotten souls. They're like a crap leg that you didn't even get to roll. :( Why do they even drop.
Wait nevermind they already drop 2hs, Angel Hair Braids, Exarians and such. Durr. It slipped my mind that I'd already been getting normal legendaries from these. It would honestly be better if they only included Torment legendaries. Then you'd have a reason to do both these (for being able to roughly target items) and rifts (for items that wouldn't drop from caches, 100% drop boost, more drops, bloodshards). The way this is set up one will always likely be better and the other ignored.
Edited by Boo#1315 on 4/25/2014 10:05 PM PDT
When is this update gonna happen?
What about an exchange NPC so we can turn in death's breaths for perhaps a lesser cache that can also potentially drop a legendary as well? I don't know about you guys but I sure as heck have too many death's breath sitting in my stash that I have no use for. Correct me if I am wrong here but don't the current caches you recieve from each act have 2 chances to drop a legendary? 1 act specific one and another "global" legendary? If that is the case perhaps make these lesser caches which are obtained via trading in death's breaths just give the player an additional chance to drop one of the "global" legendaries? So far the collection of death's breaths is rather underwhelming once you break the mold of no longer requiring them after you have hit soloing T3+ perhaps even sooner than that.
As a heads up, we’re looking to make two changes to Horadric Caches. The first change is to allow the caches to drop Torment-only Legendary items. The second is to increase the chance that you’ll find a Legendary item in Horadric Caches, including Act-specific Legendaries like the Royal Ring of Grandeur, based on the Torment difficulty. What this means is that Horadric Caches earned in Torment I+ will be able to drop Torment restricted Legendary items, and caches earned in Torment II+ will have a scaling bonus for dropping Legendary items (which includes those items only found in a cache).

You can find a list of Torment-only Legendary items right [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505892002?page=3#45"]here[/url], courtesy of Nevalistis. :)

Some how i doubt this will matter vs split farming bounties. The ability to complete bounties 4 times faster then normal will always trump a higher drop rate unless that drop rate is 4 times that of the normal drop rate. Of course basic math like this will not matter to blizzard as they dont really care since they already have our cash in their pocket.
Edited by Metalblaster#1665 on 4/25/2014 9:59 PM PDT
04/25/2014 07:03 PMPosted by Grimiku

04/25/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Unknown
And what about rifts? Do you guys plan to make them also scale with torment difficulty??

As a reminder, the scaling bonus chance to find Legendaries you get for Torment I-VI slider stacks multiplicatively with the 100% bonus chance to find Legendaries while in Nephalem Rifts.

Grimiku a lot of player feels that the scaling chance of the Torment level do now scale according to the difficulty scaling meaning the reward doesn't match the extra work they put into higher Torment level that they don't have a reason to go to higher Torment can't you please pass it on?
Edited by SoulsKeeper#1639 on 4/25/2014 10:08 PM PDT

[/quote]

What this simply means, if someone is farming for the ring of royal grandeur, gloves or whatever, their number of sides when rolling the dice increases by the number of torment-specific items.
04/25/2014 07:41 PMPosted by fingrknitter

That's super awesome; it also encourages teamplay more than the current split farm Normal as fast as you can, since farming the highest torment possible in groups is going to require farming together.

I like it :)

I split farm on T1....
Community Manager
04/25/2014 09:38 PMPosted by NATO
I hate seeing forgotten souls. They're like a crap leg that you didn't even get to roll. :( Why do they even drop.

They're still pretty useful for a lot of players. Personally, I never have a lot in surplus, and always welcome them dropping. It's also good to know that they don't share a spot with Legendary items. If you see a Forgotten Soul drop then you can be rest assured that it didn't take the place of a Legendary item.
04/25/2014 10:22 PMPosted by Grimiku

They're still pretty useful for a lot of players. Personally, I never have a lot in surplus, and always welcome them dropping. It's also good to know that they don't share a spot with Legendary items. If you see a Forgotten Soul drop then you can be rest assured that it didn't take the place of a Legendary item.

This, i can't get enough of the damn things to even properly roll my stuff.
More forgotten souls please!!! There has to be a way to get more...everything you do in this game now requires them....crafting, enchanting, and its not lke when you enchant or craft you get the results your looking for the first time, nor even the 15th time...it takes alot of souls to gear up, please give us a way to get more.
04/25/2014 07:57 PMPosted by Grimiku
04/25/2014 06:28 PMPosted by McCloud
I'm pretty sure (as in 100% positive) that caches are already rolled for you once you get them. You're only revealing them.

This is how they're intended to work, but those items aren't guaranteed to be smart loot. That can make it a little confusing sometimes on an anecdotal level. Personally, I've obtained several Strength items on my Barbarian when opening caches earned by my Witch Doctor, but most of the items in those caches had Intelligence.

I farm caches on my Barbarian for my Witch Doctor, every item I get from the cache rolls intelligence. It might be something worth looking into, because I don't think that is intended.

Thank you very very much for taking the time to make these posts and let us know what's going on and what you guys are thinking Grimiku. i'm really liking a lot of the changes you guys are making and/or thinking about making. i'm looking forward to telling my friends about these changes tomorrow morning, and i'm even more so. looking forward to playing after the patch xD TY again man.

-Frostyn
Edited by Frostyn#1547 on 4/25/2014 10:36 PM PDT

When I was re-rolling rares, often I was low on deaths breathe, now I have a surplus,
enough so I don't feel the need to make sages set for the 3 piece bonus anymore.

However now that I need to re-roll legendaries I have a short supply of souls,
and a handful of stuff or more to re-roll.

Now that breathes seem to be dropping nicely, and my use for them has gone down,
any chance you guys could have a discussion about changing the 3 set sage bonus to
double drop souls instead of breaths? I think it would be a welcomed change! Cheers!

Gonna need all them souls for your 100th try getting that socket from 1 of 6 possible properties

This might be a little off-topic, but could you tell us if there is any plans to change the Blackthorns and Invoker sets? They are both dropping way too much and are almost always turned into souls. My suggestion would be to either buff these sets or make them not drop in torment games.

EDIT: you can also put the set jewelry into this category. Every time I get a set amulet or ring I cringe because I know it's going to be crap and not be a Nats mark/Tal rasha ammy.
Edited by contaGion#1926 on 4/25/2014 10:47 PM PDT
_ Can we got more things to do than just killing monsters in rift ? somethings like random quest, bounty, help npc, can be added inside rift ? Things gonna be bored when you just killing stuff over and over again in rift.
04/25/2014 08:11 PMPosted by Grimiku
04/25/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Torus
Could we get more Forgotten Souls as we scale up the Torment levels?

Would be nice to see a chance for more than one at a time from Rift Bosses.

I'm starving for these things! :P

We don't have any current plans to increase the drop rate of Forgotten Souls, but I can certainly pass your feedback along!

more forgotten souls would be great & ease the pain of a rift that yielded absolutely no good loot. i find myself wishing for this constantly. there is nothing more defeating than running a rift, getting nothing, then defeating the rift boss hoping for the orange and then it doesn't appear

i do not ever have enough of them
Edited by angelar#1664 on 4/25/2014 11:09 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]