Diablo® III

Rift Freeze/Crash & A5 Latency

Safe to say 20% of time I play a rift, I freeze or crash in a couple scenarios.

a) Spawn rift boss, Diablo may freeze and become unresponsive
b) Teleporting to town, Diablo may crash

Also, all of A5 has a latency and when combining A5 maps with rift the fps lag and latency are very bad.

Here's my specs:

Hardware Overview

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB71.0039.B0E
SMC Version (system): 1.60f6

Graphics/Displays
NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3533
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
Kernel Version: Darwin 13.1.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Reply Quote
Latency is primarily in pandemonium fortress levels
Reply Quote
Lots of Mac users are having problems with PF2. Awaiting a blue's attention......
Reply Quote
I just crashed twice in a row when teleporting back to town after completing a rift. Pretty frustrating.
Reply Quote
There are many, many players experiencing these very same issues. Some might say that people shouldn't keep creating threads that report known bugs...I disagree. Perhaps if the support forums were to become flooded with reports of these issues, someone with the power to get things done at Blizzard would take notice. I don't know. I'm not advocating anything malicious, simply suggesting that people legitimately motivate Blizzard to solve the serious problems plaguing the product they sold us.

I, for one, have not been able to play the game for more than two weeks. Several very nasty in-game freezes resulted in a corrupted hard drive directory. Yet even after reformatting and reinstalling the latest OS (10.9.2) and a full reinstall of D3 RoS 2.0.4, the game continued to crash and hard freeze my computer both during loading screens and when teleporting. I threw in the towel. It's not fun rebooting every 10-20 minutes. It's not fun loosing rift keys, XP and loot. It's definitely not fun repairing a corrupted hard drive, reformatting and reinstalling an OS, and waiting for a 25GB download to copy over and install just to experience the same issues.

It all feels a like a broken record:
Go to forums to check the status on crashing and freezing issues.
See more reports of said issues affecting more and more players.
See that nothing has been fixed.
Feel frustration that I STILL can't enjoy the game I paid for, causing me to rant on forums.
Throw arms up in disgust...start cycle again tomorrow.

We're not griping about petty affixes or transmogs not sticking. We're complaining about legitimate stability issues that are TAKING OUR COMPUTERS OUT!!! The problem is clearly quite serious. Check out this summary of things to be changed in 2.0.5: (http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/21583/article/diablo-3-tentative-fixes-and-updates-in-patch-2-0-5---here-s-what-s-in-store/) I guess we can take some solace in that :-|
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]