Diablo® III

The Rocketeer(Build) FUN!

So today I got bored farming legendary mats, So i took a break and ran some fast !@# rifts. i ended up finding Kridershot & Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan! My mind got to spinning (I could smell it) I was like I am going to turn my DH to a WW BARB!

This is what I came up with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RidkSO!ehbf!bYcacY

Video: http://youtu.be/GqEUysbYpbA

Music: Blue Oyster Cult (Dont Fear) The Reaper

Enjoy!

-Rockah
Edited by Rockah#1435 on 4/21/2014 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wish i could get lucky like you and find kridershot/hexing pants in 1 run :c
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Congrats on a sweet Nephalem Rift run! That build looks fun, and I think I'm going to try it. I'll replace Elemental Arrow with Grenades, though, since I don't have a Krindershot.
Reply Quote
You should consider using the Night Stalker passive and Preparation with the Punishment rune. Makes maintaining Strafe much, much easier. As well, consider using Fan of Knives, it can be used while casting Strafe without stopping it, and doesn't cut into Strafe's Hatred costs.

I messed around with this build (without a Krindershot, but with Hexing Pants) a ton at level 60 pre-RoS, and with the right setup (might have to replace wolf with bat for the active, depending on your attack speed and hatred regen) you can cut out using a Hatred generator altogether, giving you an extra slot for more DPS.

While I like Krindershot a lot, it doesn't really fit in with a Hexing Pants/Strafe build at all. Stopping to use Elemental Arrow means it will be doing 25% less damage and generating 25% less Hatred (negative side effect of pants). It's better if you drop all non-mobile skills from your build entirely, to be honest, instead of just going halfway with the build.

That being said, builds are about having fun and enjoying yourself, so if the way your build is setup works for you, stick with it. :)
Reply Quote
Actually, as long as you stutter step, you can use any attacks you want with the hexing pants.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 06:53 PMPosted by Grimiku
Congrats on a sweet Nephalem Rift run! That build looks fun, and I think I'm going to try it. I'll replace Elemental Arrow with Grenades, though, since I don't have a Krindershot.

It is, Tell me about your experience.

04/21/2014 07:13 PMPosted by TheFallenOne
You should consider using the Night Stalker passive and Preparation with the Punishment rune. Makes maintaining Strafe much, much easier. As well, consider using Fan of Knives, it can be used while casting Strafe without stopping it, and doesn't cut into Strafe's Hatred costs.

I messed around with this build (without a Krindershot, but with Hexing Pants) a ton at level 60 pre-RoS, and with the right setup (might have to replace wolf with bat for the active, depending on your attack speed and hatred regen) you can cut out using a Hatred generator altogether, giving you an extra slot for more DPS.

While I like Krindershot a lot, it doesn't really fit in with a Hexing Pants/Strafe build at all. Stopping to use Elemental Arrow means it will be doing 25% less damage and generating 25% less Hatred (negative side effect of pants). It's better if you drop all non-mobile skills from your build entirely, to be honest, instead of just going halfway with the build.

That being said, builds are about having fun and enjoying yourself, so if the way your build is setup works for you, stick with it. :)

I'll have to make some modifications tonight, thanks for the advise. although....

04/21/2014 07:20 PMPosted by Guybrush
Actually, as long as you stutter step, you can use any attacks you want with the hexing pants.

is right!
Reply Quote
Can somebody tell me why everybody on my friends list, in this forum post and even the blue calls this bow a "Krindershot"? Its driving me nuts, lolz.
Reply Quote
That build looks fun, so I think I'm going to try to "fix" it

fixed
Reply Quote
View profile
Kindershot
fixed
Reply Quote
what torment was that?
Reply Quote
So today I got bored farming legendary mats, So i took a break and ran some fast !@# rifts. i ended up finding Kridershot(fixed) & Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan! My mind got to spinning (I could smell it) I was like I am going to turn my DH to a WW BARB!

This is what I came up with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RidkSO!ehbf!bYcacY

Music: Blue Oyster Cult (Dont Fear) The Reaper

Enjoy!

-Rockah
Reply Quote
excellent choice of music my friend
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:48 PMPosted by Gabriell
excellent choice of music my friend

ikr ?
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 05:55 PMPosted by Rockah

I am guessing your not wearing any gear or you are lvl 60 while recording this ... that damage is so low.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:19 PMPosted by Delkerramak
04/21/2014 05:55 PMPosted by Rockah

I am guessing your not wearing any gear or you are lvl 60 while recording this ... that damage is so low.

All strafe builds are very low damage and only suitable for speedrunning imo.

As for the hexing pants, I found them to be extremely sensitive to movement/standing still so I've always thought them to be bad for most attacks. My assumption was the damage of your skills was based on whether or not you were moving when the attack hit, is this wrong? While stutter stepping would seem decent to help offset this I would think that the actual result is pretty even to not using the pants in the first place.
Reply Quote
U should try this build again when u find a kmar tenclip as it gives strafe the movement speed allowing u to use a different rune....i been looking for those hexing pants and a cindercoat for a while now....i finally got a tenclip today and for once i found a weap that rolled with a socket.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 06:53 PMPosted by Grimiku

Just trade one with your long-time friends or clanmates!

Oh, wait.
Reply Quote
Been playing a strafe hunter since ROS launch. A couple of things you may consider that i have found with my build.
Prepartion + night stalker passive.
This will keep your strafe up and running nearly full time.
Vault
I opted out of vault because the strafe build is highly mobile. Since you are not standing still long and constantly moving vault becomes less of a necessity for positioning and can be swapped for a more offensive skill.
Offensive skill
I like to use ROV, Vengeance and FoK
Skills that do not cost hatred so you can use hatred for constant strafe.

I use FoK: Bladed Armor the 65% armor bonus allows you get in close on tightly packed mobs and move through them without taking much damage. I put FR Diamonds in my open sockets because i find that most of the damage you incur is going to be ranged and elemental. The FOK: Bladed armor helps for those moments you need an extra armor boost when you are in melee range.

I still have to do some work on allocation of paragon points. I like attack speed the most. I have a pretty decent crit hit chance so I find that the points put into attack speed have the greatest benefit than CC for me. This is probably gear dependant though. I put a lot into life on hit, and like to keep my movement speed above 20% since it is vital to be moving quickly.

Recommended gear:

Dual Wield
K'mar tenclip
Helltrapper -> the sentry, spike trap and caltrops will proc ALOT with strafe build.
Beckon Sail-> casts smoke screen when health is below 25%
Magefist -> Primary damage from strafe is fire
Cindercoat-> see above
Hexing pants
Moonlight ward- I had this amulet in beta and is GODLY when strafing into packs, FOK, or RoV and watch the big damage #s.

This is just my take on it though. Personal play style is most important, play what feels compfortable. Great thing about this build is that you can go in and change from an offensive strafe hunter to defense just by swapping out the hatred cooldown skills. I prefer to go all offense but again this is just play style.
Reply Quote
drop turret, pick up prep with punishment rune
Reply Quote
Looks pretty terrible. You pop vengeance to clear a bunch of white mobs, not showing any champions or anything... then skip half the video to lvl 2. Pretty much stopped watching it at that point.Quality is really bad on the video too.

I also don't really like Hexing pants, because technically the only skills they work with are stuff like, the monk movement attack, whirlwind and strafe. As soon as you stop moving, you're actually nerfing yourself by 25%.

I would literally foam from the mouth if my DH got a kridershot. The amount of dmg I would do is insane.

Grats on the find though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]