Diablo® III

bul-kathos weapons

anyone else dissapointed with the weapons? nice set bonus but the passive cannot crit :/
Reply Quote
The rng gods must of wanted me to complete the set - had 2 parts drop within 24 hours ...

I absolutely love the nice increase to fury - 30 fury - 10 from each weapon and 10 from the set. I agree the spinning thing is errr subpar. I still do decent damage thou.

Not sure Ill keep using it thou - my toughness drops a bit compared to my old set.
Reply Quote
well if the passive crit it would be in the running for tf, most wep procs crit funny how the barb set items passive / class specific can't
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 05:45 AMPosted by Inshius
well if the passive crit it would be in the running for tf, most wep procs crit funny how the barb set items passive / class specific can't

Yeah, I used them for a while; the lack of crit is indeed very disappointing.

Your post here seems to imply there are other class specific procs that can't crit? What are they? Curious as I only play barb.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 05:56 AMPosted by PrmDerektive
04/22/2014 05:45 AMPosted by Inshius

Yeah, I used them for a while; the lack of crit is indeed very disappointing.

Your post here seems to imply there are other class specific procs that can't crit? What are they? Curious as I only play barb.

to my knowledge only the barb class specific cant, but i only play barb
Reply Quote
There's a comment on the game guide page that says, that it doesn't crit, but the damage of the proc includes crit-dmg, however that's supposed to work. Perhaps it adds a flat dmg% for your crit-chance and dmg?
For example:
Set bonus is 325%, if you have 300% crit-dmg and 33% crit, the proc is at 425% (or 650%) dmg? Not sure, if that's what he meant and as I said before: I don't know if it's true.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bulkathoss-solemn-vow
Edited by Daydreamer#2498 on 4/22/2014 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just tested it. The damage per tick increases when you have more crit stats, even though it cannot crit. Based on this, it must be working as intended, otherwise the crit would double dip.

Test: no dps passives. Paragon points on the tab for attack speed / crit chance / crit damage all set to 0.

Damage on zombies: consistent 1185217 damage every tick.

Put paragon points into +50% crit damage, +2.6% crit chance.

Damage on zombies: consistent 1318856 damage per tick.

Repeatable many times, always same numbers.

My original suspicion was correct, its damage scales with crit stats even if it cannot crit.
Edited by Genome#1182 on 4/22/2014 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]