Diablo® III

Prepare for Nerfs for Barbs (+ other classes)

04/21/2014 07:14 PMPosted by Beedub

Fire barb with snapshotted Call of Ancients can hit that amount.

just FYI.

show me the pic or vid of ancients hitting for 1.5b lol.

Search forum for Zapro's video on Ghom kill on T6.

04/21/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Ixir
Lets bring more attention to it, good job.

Uber you astonish me on how dumb you are, really.

Blizzard doesn't nerf us, YOU ALL NERF US.

You probably don't know how blizzard decides nerfs.

Here's a hint:

Skill usage.

If everyone is using a particular setup or skill it means that there are certain skill or ability combinations that trump all others in terms of efficiency/power.

The same exact way I come to these pre-emptive nerf conclusions.

This thread is just to give some advance warning that if it happens at least you would have been fully prepared for it.

Who's the dumb one now bro?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How about being constructive with what can be BUFFED to match these abilities, instead of coming up with ideas to make us bland.

Just a thought, bro, since you're trying to stand out and all. It's a win/win.
Edited by Tagre#1239 on 4/21/2014 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 07:45 PMPosted by Xaielis
How about being constructive with what can be BUFFED to match these abilities, instead of coming up with ideas to make us bland.

Just a thought, bro, since you're trying to stand out and all. It's a win/win.

Just a thought bro, do you even know why blizz will not buff now?

You calling for buffs =/= buffs actually happening.

Blizzard buffs abilities when a class is underplayed and when certain abilities in a class are underplayed.

AFAIK barb's aren't underplayed because they have one of the strongest (and cheapest) meta's in this game and they aren't weak because of the exact same meta.

What blizz will do is first nerf, check the numbers then decide whether buffs are required.

l2theorycraftblizzbalancing.
Reply Quote
@Uberjager, that's not 1.5b crit, that's 320m dps. Not really practical for anything but Ghom kills considering all the cooldowns either. Where as the WD 1.5b crit build is.
Edited by Beedub#1127 on 4/21/2014 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Endless supply of negative gamers is endless.

There is much more complexity to whether and why Blizzard will buff/nerf characters. I've spent countless years doing theory in many games. You're hardly scratching the surface on why Blizzard makes changes, especially with the simple view above.
Edited by Tagre#1239 on 4/21/2014 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also Uberjager, I have noticed that blizz tends to buff the class that has the lowest player base, and I think barbs do need a skill buff outside of EQ and HOTA-smash. But I don't like the strategy "nerf us so we're useless for a few months then buff us."
Reply Quote
Why would you want to nerf Preparation? It's the only way for Demon Hunters to instantly gain Discipline, and it opens up a lot of interesting build possibilities for the class. You can use it to regain life with the Battle Scars rune, or even change the nature of the skill entirely by using the Punishment rune. This removes Preparation's cool-down and makes it restore Hatred...but now, it COSTS Discipline to use. Pretty cool stuff, if you ask me.

OP, why exactly do you think Preparation needs to be nerfed? I'm not trying to start an argument here; I'm just interested in hearing your reasoning.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Barbs and other classes". As far as I know, the DH is the only class with access to Preparation. Even if Barbarians could use it, it wouldn't do them any good, since they use Fury as a resource instead of Discipline and Hatred. I think you need to go back to the Game Guide and refresh your knowledge of the different classes.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 08:12 PMPosted by WordMaster
Why would you want to nerf Preparation? It's the only way for Demon Hunters to instantly gain Discipline, and it opens up a lot of interesting build possibilities for the class. You can use it to regain life with the Battle Scars rune, or even change the nature of the skill entirely by using the Punishment rune. This removes Preparation's cool-down and makes it restore Hatred...but now, it COSTS Discipline to use. Pretty cool stuff, if you ask me.

OP, why exactly do you think Preparation needs to be nerfed? I'm not trying to start an argument here; I'm just interested in hearing your reasoning.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Barbs and other classes". As far as I know, the DH is the only class with access to Preparation. Even if Barbarians could use it, it wouldn't do them any good, since they use Fury as a resource instead of Discipline and Hatred. I think you need to go back to the Game Guide and refresh your knowledge of the different classes.

Bro. You misread the title.

Then posted about you misreading the title.

Can I facepalm now?
Reply Quote
oh god time to get barb advice from uber
Reply Quote
@Uberjager: I'm sorry, I misunderstood. The title of your thread begins with "Nerf Preparation", so I assumed you were requesting Blizzard to nerf the Preparation skill.

I now realize that you are merely commenting on possible upcoming nerfs to Preparation, and inviting the community to participate in civil discussion about the skill, and the many ways in which Demon Hunters can use it. My apologies.

Are there any plans in the works to nerf Preparation during the next patch? It would be nice if we could get the official word from Blizzard on this subject.

P.S. - I hate to be a stickler for the rules, but shouldn't this thread be moved to the Demon Hunter forum?
Edited by WordMaster#1125 on 4/21/2014 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nerfs are almost always extremely minor.

The reaction to nerfs is almost always drastically out of proportion.

Seeing end game full sets become nerfed away seems incredibly unlikely.

Most of these nerf demands are about full class sets now. Not even single items or skills but entire builds that take hundreds of hours to put together..

I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Someone puts in the time and then starts to play on the top difficulty, so what?

We blasted through MP10 with zero challenge for TWO YEARS and it wasn't a problem. But people farming T6 at the same efficiency is somehow destroying the game now?

I think creating entire sets and then promptly removing them from the game once people start using the sets is just too retarded to even consider possible.

These sets are SETS. They are intentionally designed and take massive investments of time to complete. They just aren't going to be removed just because they are actually fun and effective.

Single items allowing T6 on farm because of bugged procs is one thing. Having to get an entire set together to farm T6 is kind of the point of progression in the first place.

I just don't see why people are so worried about nerfs. These sets are not bugged or exploitative. It's just what end game looks like now. Sets are nice. People are just adjusting to the fact that they are finally seeing them for the first time and can't believe it for some reason.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 08:58 PMPosted by Apathy
These sets are SETS. They are intentionally designed and take massive investments of time to complete. They just aren't going to be removed just because they are actually fun and effective.

Everyone agrees to that. Thing is...the Earthquake Set on its own is absolutely fine, considering that a rotation of LeapEQ + EQ isn't exactly broken. However, when you add the ability of performing three LeapEQ per 10 seconds cooldown and consider the fact that the EQs stack with eachother...it becomes borderline overpowered.

Yes, there are other sets that are also overpowered but they all require 5-6 pieces (thus @Uberjager's post about the set requirements changing).

Nice post either way. I guess these sort of topics (nerf X item topic & X item will be nerfed) were somewhat expected given the design philosophy path taken by Blizzard, focusing a lot of their class balance on legendaries, instead of on the class kits...which has a much worse effect on players that farmed for the items.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 08:33 PMPosted by WordMaster
@Uberjager: I'm sorry, I misunderstood. The title of your thread begins with "Nerf Preparation", so I assumed you were requesting Blizzard to nerf the Preparation skill.

I now realize that you are merely commenting on possible upcoming nerfs to Preparation, and inviting the community to participate in civil discussion about the skill, and the many ways in which Demon Hunters can use it. My apologies.

Are there any plans in the works to nerf Preparation during the next patch? It would be nice if we could get the official word from Blizzard on this subject.

P.S. - I hate to be a stickler for the rules, but shouldn't this thread be moved to the Demon Hunter forum?

I'm predominantly a barb theorycrafter although the list I'm drawing out covers the other classes, so I'd prefer mainly barb discussion in this thread.

Your DH theorycrafters can raise a similar thread in their forums if they want.
Reply Quote
I am scared now when Blizz says they are planning to reshuffle elemental skills :( Guess HOTA-Smash will become lightning now :P

Then a few months later they will say lightning based skills are doing way more damage and it will go to Cold. Keeps the ball rolling but sucks still...

And uberjager man you really are the prophet of doom arent you :D
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:08 PMPosted by demonknight
I am scared now when Blizz says they are planning to reshuffle elemental skills :( Guess HOTA-Smash will become lightning now :P

Then a few months later they will say lightning based skills are doing way more damage and it will go to Cold. Keeps the ball rolling but sucks still...

And uberjager man you really are the prophet of doom arent you :D

Prophet of balance more like.

I understand that in order to improve the class, sacrifices have to be made.

There's a reason why SuddenZenith is going pure phys barb right now even tho it's not as strong as fire, cuz we're all pretty much expecting nerfs to take place.

Likewise, the same reason why I'm running phys DH instead of fire.
Reply Quote
@Uberjager: OK, I will go to the Demon Hunters' forum and tell them to prepare for nerfs to Preparation. I consider myself a pretty prominent theorycrafter as well, so I'm confident that they will listen to me. Thanks for the early warning.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:19 PMPosted by WordMaster
@Uberjager: OK, I will go to the Demon Hunters' forum and tell them to prepare for nerfs to Preparation. I consider myself a pretty prominent theorycrafter as well, so I'm confident that they will listen to me. Thanks for the early warning.

bro.

There will be no nerfs to preparation.

Read thread pls.

Edit: I actually changed thread title for you. Just for you.

Feel proud now bro.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 4/21/2014 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Uberjager: Yes, I noticed that you edited the title of your thread. It now reads "Prepare for Nerfs for Barbs (+ Other Classes)".

Personally, I don't like the change. It now sounds very vague, and doesn't even tell the reader what nerfs they should prepare to face. For example, a Demon Hunter could drop by this forum, read that title, and have NO IDEA that Blizzard is preparing to nerf Preparation!

Please consider changing the title back to its original form: "Nerf Preparation for Barbs (+ Other classes)". I think that will make the situation a lot more clear.
Edited by WordMaster#1125 on 4/21/2014 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
LOL @ "its not the QQ, its all the people using X skills/items that gets the nerfs".

Yeah, classes using their end-game sets when they finally find the them obviously means they are broken. Brilliant logic.

Regardless, if the Devs really could not plan on the EQ set being what it is, they are clueless. Everyone immediately made the connection with lut socks when they saw the earth set.... And that is why it is a 4-set, the boots effectively already make it a 5-set... its all pretty obvious and intentional.
Edited by Fang#1614 on 4/21/2014 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL @ "its not the QQ, its all the people using X skills/items that gets the nerfs".

Yeah, classes using their end-game sets when they finally find the them obviously means they are broken. Brilliant logic.

Regardless, if the Devs really could not plan on the EQ set being what it is, they are clueless. Everyone immediately made the connection with lut socks when they saw the earth set.... And that is why it is a 4-set, the boots effectively already make it a 5-set... its all pretty obvious and intentional.

And stacking elemental damage is something new?

4 Set EQ means that fire barbs can effectively run IK4 + EQ4+Lut socks which totally beats a cinder + Magefist combo.

Especially after snapshotting fire CoTA.

If you haven't realised this yet. You ought to.

Having EQ set be 6 piece instead of 4 sorts this out.

with Lut having max 2 EQs instead of 3 or at least making lut scale to APS. It would decrease lut use.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 4/21/2014 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]