Diablo® III

Prepare for Nerfs for Barbs (+ other classes)

100 Night Elf Druid
If people are lucky enough to find both, who cares??

I have yet to find all of IK, and regardless, sound like snap-shotting is the real problem.

Using both sets is actually not a very good combo beyond that, way better items than IK in many of those slots. I would rather go for Harringtons, cinder, and mage with a pure fire/EQ set...
Reply Quote
OP is of course being completely speculative.
It just as likely that none of what he is saying will happen.

He is right in that anyone not holding onto gear for multiple builds/game-changers is shooting them self in the foot.

Although with Blizzards track record I do wish everyone the best of luck out there.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I will re-emphasize... If someone is lucky enough to find both sets, ring, and lut socks, why wouldn't they use it?

Those are our end-game items, there are very few are barb-specific ones in the game to begin with, and all those, with the exception of the ring, are what Blizz put int he game for us.

Honestly it is a bit baffling that you think people using our class specific sets means there is a problem. That's the whole point of sets, they are meant to alter how the class plays and be the ultimate goal.
Edited by Fang#1614 on 4/21/2014 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
04/21/2014 09:37 PMPosted by Uberjager
LOL @ "its not the QQ, its all the people using X skills/items that gets the nerfs".

Yeah, classes using their end-game sets when they finally find the them obviously means they are broken. Brilliant logic.

Regardless, if the Devs really could not plan on the EQ set being what it is, they are clueless. Everyone immediately made the connection with lut socks when they saw the earth set.... And that is why it is a 4-set, the boots effectively already make it a 5-set... its all pretty obvious and intentional.

And stacking elemental damage is something new?

4 Set EQ means that fire barbs can effectively run IK4 + EQ4+Lut socks which totally beats a cinder + Magefist combo.

Especially after snapshotting fire CoTA.

If you haven't realised this yet. You ought to.

Having EQ set be 6 piece instead of 4 sorts this out.

with Lut having max 2 EQs instead of 3 or at least making lut scale to APS. It would decrease lut use.

Please give me 4 pcs IMK...TT
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 4/21/2014 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:47 PMPosted by Fangthorn
I will re-emphasize... If someone is lucky enough to find both sets, ring, and lut socks, why wouldn't they use it?

Those are our end-game items, there are very few are barb-specific ones in the game to begin with, and all those, with the exception of the ring, are what Blizz put int he game for us. Other than those, there is Raekor's, and they war-cry belt. This is what we are supposed to be aiming for..

Honestly it is a bit baffling that you think someone using our class specific sets means there is a problem. That's the whole point of sets, they are meant to alter how the class plays.

Are you one of those "if you can farm T6, it must broken" people?

Are you those:

"If I am engaging in a hypothetical discussion it must be real to me" sort of people?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Well first off, the fact you you note that a set with only 4 pieces in the game might be made into a "5-6 piece set" is weird. If you think Blizzard would add gear to the game in a "hotfix", or even a small patch, you must be new at this.

Sorry if it hard to take you seriously after seeing that.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:55 PMPosted by Fangthorn
Well first off, the fact you you note that a set with only 4 pieces in the game might be made into a "5-6 piece set" is weird. If you think Blizzard would add gear to the game in a "hotfix", or even a small patch, you must be new at this.

Sorry if it hard to take you seriously after seeing that.

I've been theorycrafting on this forums longer than you've masqueraded as a WoW character.

So no.

Quiet bro. No tears now, only dreams.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I could care less about two long years you wallowed in the awful game that was pre-ROS.

Nice deflection though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/21/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Uberjager
I've been theorycrafting on this forums longer than you've masqueraded as a WoW character.

Ah that's right. Theorycrafting on blizzard forums has always been top quality stuff..
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:15 PMPosted by Fangthorn
I could care less about two long years you wallowed in the awful game that was pre-ROS.

Nice deflection though.

And yet you're here spending time arguing with me about hypothetical changes.

LOL. Logick'ed.

04/21/2014 10:18 PMPosted by Xaielis
04/21/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Uberjager

Ah that's right. Theorycrafting on blizzard forums has always been top quality stuff..

So I assume you're reading the forums right now because you want to read Epeen threads or question threads.

Right.
Reply Quote
Oh boy, another pointless "nerf" thread.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yes, I like RoS and therefore I am here on the forums. Discourse is the main activity here.

Not so quick on the up-take, are ya?
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:26 PMPosted by Thrax
Oh boy, another pointless "nerf" thread.

Oh boy. Yet another player who reads the title instead of the post.

04/21/2014 10:28 PMPosted by Fangthorn
Yes, I like RoS and therefore I am here on the forums. Discourse is the main activity here.

Not so quick on the up-take, are ya?

If discourse is the main activity here. You're the one not so quick on the uptake.

You do realise this is a discussion thread on possible nerfs and not a thread that is pushing for nerfs?

I honestly don't give two !@#$s if EQ set gets nerfed or not. I'm just stating that it has a probability of getting nerfed and I'm asking what are the opinions of the barbs forums on it.

You assuming that I'm nerf pushing is you engaging in too much wishful thinking on you part.

If you want to "combat nerf threads" there are a crapton of those on this forum. This thread isn't one of them.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 4/21/2014 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/21/2014 10:21 PMPosted by Uberjager
So I assume you're reading the forums right now because you want to read Epeen threads or question threads.

Your use of the word assume is your way of saying "I have no idea, but..."

About as much thought goes into your posts as your theorycrafting in general.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:28 PMPosted by Xaielis
04/21/2014 10:21 PMPosted by Uberjager

Your use of the word assume is your way of saying "I have no idea, but..."

About as much thought goes into your posts as your theorycrafting in general.

Semantics.

If you're arguing on the basis of choosing "which adjective is the best for use in that sentence" you're probably an idiot.

But I doubt you understand all that. You're barely thinking as it is right now. Come back later after you've had a cup of coffee or at least a couple of years in college.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Assume, guess, think, name your adjective. The adjective itself indicated you haven't a clue, and for good reason.

About as much thought goes into your posts as your theorycrafting in general. The problem is you're attempting to condition everyone into a situation where they should become comfortable with the mere idea of a nerf. - "It has to happen, so lets prepare."

Clearly after 3 pages you can see not many people (at all) want a bar of your thought process? Maybe after another 5 pages things will gain traction for you.

I feel sorry for your F5 key. The backlight is about to shine through it.
Reply Quote
Assume, guess, think, name your adjective. The adjective itself indicated you haven't a clue, and for good reason.

About as much thought goes into your posts as your theorycrafting in general. The problem is you're attempting to condition everyone into a situation where they should become comfortable with the mere idea of a nerf. - "It has to happen, so lets prepare."

Clearly after 3 pages you can see not many people (at all) want a bar of your thought process? Maybe after another 5 pages things will gain traction for you.

I feel sorry for your F5 key. The backlight is about to shine through it.

Congratulations.

We have our first conspiracy theorist who specializes in class balance on a video game.

You do know you've hit a new low haven't you.

I don't mind hitting my F5 button at that rate for this level of amusement.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The rufflage increases. It's only early too.

Don't worry champ, I'm sure a sympathiser who can't think for themselves will come to your rescue and give you a hug eventually. Keep trying, acceptance is coming.
Reply Quote
Aside from all the.... popcorn i've been eating while i read the couple pages I think one of the best courses for the EQ set would just be to allow the earthquakes to not stack.
Don't really have much to say about the other 'stabs in the dark' your taking, but i sure hope they don't gut legacy item's i kinda like my -hota soj. But ya the cluster arrow one... GG.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:44 PMPosted by Xaielis
The rufflage increases. It's only early too.

Don't worry champ, I'm sure a sympathiser who can't think for themselves will come to your rescue and give you a hug eventually. Keep trying, acceptance is coming.

I doubt so, with all this help I'm getting from you in helping my thread stay on first page I don't think I'll need a sympathizer of that magnitude.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]