Diablo® III

My DH is Stronk

I took all my gear from my Crusader, put it on my demon hunterz and now I haz a tankier class... LoL

No, but really.

One question for you guys, Can I find a decent one handed sword/mace while playing my demon hunter?

Or would I have better luck doing it on my barb and then re-rolling the strength stat to dex. I've been trying to get a one handed sword to drop for my Dh, i'm starting to think it doesn't happen.
Reply Quote
Play a monk theres your 1h dex sword.
Reply Quote
nvm...
Edited by Antag#1486 on 4/22/2014 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's EXTREMELY rare that you find a non-dh weapon legendary as a DH. I think that's partly why I never found a tf or SoH pre-nerf (since I was mostly playing DH).

You could farm rifts as a dh then spend blood shards on weapons as a monk. That would probably be your best way of getting a monk weapon while playing a DH.

You could also farm on a barb as you said, but if it didn't roll with a socket you'd have a pretty crappy monk weapon since you'd either be stuck with no socket or stng.
Reply Quote
Melee weps have cooler affixes and I'm attempting to build a "sword and board" demon hunter for something different.

I mean as a demon hunter, do you ever come across legendary swords dropping for you occasionally?

I have no idea why I said Barbarian, I had a lapse of mental power this afternoon I guess.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Borg
It's EXTREMELY rare that you find a non-dh weapon legendary as a DH. I think that's partly why I never found a tf or SoH pre-nerf (since I was mostly playing DH).

You could farm rifts as a dh then spend blood shards on weapons as a monk. That would probably be your best way of getting a monk weapon while playing a DH.

You could also farm on a barb as you said, but if it didn't roll with a socket you'd have a pretty crappy monk weapon since you'd either be stuck with no socket or stng.

I never thought of that... Thank you.
Reply Quote
I don't actually recall ever finding a legendary weapon on my DH in RoS that wasn't a bow/xbow/1h xbow.
Reply Quote
You can find a one-handed mace in act 1 caches, that's probably you best best if you don't have a monk.
Reply Quote
I've actually found several melee weapons on my DH:

Azurewrath (INT) - no socket but was still pretty good I think
Odyn's Son (forget whether it had DEX or STR)
2x Mad Monarch Sceptre from Caches (1 STR, 1 INT)

Possibly a Nailbiter or two at 60 post 2.0 as well.

But yeah if you want Dex 1hs, farm on a Monk.
Reply Quote
1hand?

get this one lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/envious-blade-3FoG39
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:59 AMPosted by CasualRager
Melee weps have cooler affixes and I'm attempting to build a "sword and board" demon hunter for something different.

I mean as a demon hunter, do you ever come across legendary swords dropping for you occasionally?

I have no idea why I said Barbarian, I had a lapse of mental power this afternoon I guess.

Aside from bounty cache I found a few melee legendary weapons. Nothing noteworthy though, maybe an INT sunkeeper was the best. Others were items like neanderthals, echoing fury, and some other crappy 1hander. Must say it rarely drops, probably 1/100 of the legendary weapons you find..
Edited by Rev0#3777 on 4/22/2014 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As a dh I've found 1 wand of woh, deadly rebirth, intel cindercoat and that's just the stuff I've kept. Not including the 3 or 4 monarch sceptres from act 1 bounty.
Reply Quote
I've given up on the whole sword and board thing, as it stands even with an almost infinite amount of gear to choose from I couldn't break down the wall Torment 2 was becoming.

I finally broke down and after about 800 shards I gambled on my monk for a pretty decent Bonesaber blade/sword. Decent damage with a socket..

This barely put me passed 375k dps. Which is painfully slow in T2, bringing my overall toughness down to 7million. Armor at a whopping 70% reduction, 800 all resists.

I just couldn't make this work, no matter how I equipped him.

The fact is, cluster arrow is so far beyond any of the other damaging skills we possess that any other skill is a waste of time. Atleast that has been my experience this month, trying to make it work.

On a side note, after I equipped a cindercoat, magefist, some +fire bracers and rerolled a few stats to make me more +pro damage and less tanky... A near perfect Garwulfs Chest dropped...

Which really put me in a sour way, since I had been trying to get one for ages...

Fml
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]