Diablo® III

Imperius vs Inarius

I know Blizzard probably already started working on where the story goes from here, but let me lay down some random possibilities for the future installment of Diablo... story wise.

You got these three angels, that have all served under the similar position as the leader of the Angiris Council at one point in time, or another.

Maltheol, Imperius, and Inarius. They have all served, and they have all done some shady, and just some downright a**hole things to humanity already.

Though, only one of these three actually CREATED sanctuary, as well as the Nephalem.

So, now there are these two dudes left, who actually still exist in some form. You got Imperius, who is a #@@#@**%, and everyone obviously wants to fight him. We also have Inarious, who of which to most people overlook, is that the whole story of Diablo has been revolving around him, and the actions he took a long time ago.

Fast forward to the present. Inarius has been in Hell, being held captive by demons, and has been being tortured for thousands of years inside the Hall of Mirrors. Nobody, has come to save this guy, hes been festering in Hell, for a very long, long time.

Pretty much the gist of what I'm getting at here is, the expansion could potentially have to antagonists. Both of which by the stories standards, should be enemies, and would probably destroy eachother if ever given the chance.

What would this look like?

Well, Inarius would start constructing yet another worldstone in the pits of hell, because the last one he made was destroyed, and he probably wouldn't like that very much. So, Inarius, an angel would actually in a sense become a prime evil. The line between good and evil would be a little grey. Inarius would gain control over hell and its forces, as well as sizable force of angels.

Imperius, hes just a #@@#@**% all the time, so he would obviously wage war against Inarius, even if Inarius does indeed deserve vengeance.

Here we are, mere humans among an eternal conflict, not just waged by demons and angels anymore, but angels against angels.

From there I haven't given much thought. Though I have obviously been pushing for this idea for awhile now. Mainly the idea that Inarius escapes captivity as a deformed monster and causes all sorts of crazy things to happen.

I could of written this a lot better, but you get the gist.

Fin.
Reply Quote
maybe in Diablo IV...
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Babymaker
maybe in Diablo IV...

Yeah, it is a pretty significant amount of crud that would happen in this hypothetical scenario.
Reply Quote
that makes little sense.
1. Inarius was not on the angiris council, he was simply a mid-high ranking angel. he was not an "aspect" of anything.

2. the worldstone is gone, forever. the worldstone itself is a leftover of the creation of the universe, basically part of the original being that sundered itself into anu and talhamet. you simply can't make a new one, the entire point of the eternal conflict was to gain control of the power of the worldstone, which held the power of creation itself.

3. the redemption of Inarius might not be possible at this point. Perhaps if Tyreal feels that Inarius has suffered enough, he might ask us to release him from his torment... one way or another.
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 04:19 PMPosted by Blastom
that makes little sense.
1. Inarius was not on the angiris council, he was simply a mid-high ranking angel. he was not an "aspect" of anything.

2. the worldstone is gone, forever. the worldstone itself is a leftover of the creation of the universe, basically part of the original being that sundered itself into anu and talhamet. you simply can't make a new one, the entire point of the eternal conflict was to gain control of the power of the worldstone, which held the power of creation itself.

3. the redemption of Inarius might not be possible at this point. Perhaps if Tyreal feels that Inarius has suffered enough, he might ask us to release him from his torment... one way or another.

What I read, was that Inarius created the world stone and sanctuary around it, its power was to limit the abilities of the Nephalem.

Perhaps I was a little brash saying Inarius was the leader of anything, besides the leader of his own creation.
Reply Quote
am I the only one who think that there are too many angel stuff in the diablo franchise right now
Edited by Ren#2301 on 4/14/2014 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 04:24 PMPosted by zSnakez
04/14/2014 04:19 PMPosted by Blastom
that makes little sense.

What I read, was that Inarius created the world stone and sanctuary around it, its power was to limit the abilities of the Nephalem.

Perhaps I was a little brash saying Inarius was the leader of anything, besides the leader of his own creation.

that was incorrect then. Inarius STOLE the worldstone from the angels and used it to hide sanctuary, and later limit the Nephalem's powers.
Reply Quote
Still. I think this would be a good idea for a mission.

We have gone to hell. We have gone to superhell. We have gone to the battlefield of angels. I really do believe that going into the blackest pits of hell, the place where even demons fear to tread would be AWESOME.

But lets be honest, they have to do it right this time. If it's anything like act III, it's going to fall on it's face so hard its nose will come out the back of its head.
Reply Quote
Expac 2 will just be killing Diablo again. He was freed when the soul stone was broken in Act V (along with all the other prime evils).

It will be fun to see old school evils like Duriel again.

You idea is cool but I don't know if we can have a 2nd angel gone rogue as a baddie, right off the back of malthael.
Edited by Samir#1547 on 7/12/2014 10:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 10:37 PMPosted by Samir
Expac 2 will just be killing Diablo again. He was freed when the soul stone was broken in Act V (along with all the other prime evils).

It will be fun to see old school evils like Duriel again.

The other evils did not return. Just diablo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]