Diablo® III

Blizzard - No More Modded Items Please...

I'm an avid PS3 player of Diablo 3, and I love it. And I can't even tell you how I bad I want it for PS4. But I'm curious if your development team will set precautions that will prevent players from bringing in their modified items that they take into the PS4 version of D3's ecosystem. Something must be done about these hacked/modified items that players use because it seriously damages certain facets of the game. Cheating in any way shape or form is not tolerated on the PC version, I would like your team to extend that courtesy to the PS4 version to keep things fair and fun.

Something like "Report Player" in the Start Menu to let Blizzard know of these individuals that are using stupidly hacked/modified items so that they don't cause the same harm to the PS3/360 versions of D3 to the PS4 version. Or if it's technically possible, encrypt coding data that will prevent PS3 players bringing in their modified items into the PS4 version - that would be just great.

Please do something, anything - to let PS3/PS4 players know that cheating won't be tolerated. Enforce that mighty Ban Hammer on those who are caught because console versions desperately need it. I'm begging you... "Cheaters never prosper"
Reply Quote
Ofcourse Blizzard has control over PSN/XBL Severs, albeit not "total" control. Activision bans players on Call of Duty who is now in co-existense of Blizzard, so a banning solution isn't totally out of the question. That probably wont be their first option to punish players though, but I wish it was.

Regardless of the option of banning or lacking thereof - something NEEDS to be done about this. Hopefully Blizzard will do something about this so that it doesnt get out of hand on PS4.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
04/21/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Shinra
Ofcourse Blizzard has control over PSN/XBL Severs, albeit not "total" control. Activision bans players on Call of Duty who is now in co-existense of Blizzard, so a banning solution isn't totally out of the question. That probably wont be their first option to punish players though, but I wish it was.

Regardless of the option of banning or lacking thereof - something NEEDS to be done about this. Hopefully Blizzard will do something about this so that it doesnt get out of hand on PS4.

Wrong, a blue posted on this matter a long time back. The console versions online play is not hosted on battlenet servers, Its hosted on PSN or XBL servers which they have no control over. As for call of duty the games are hosted on activision servers which is why Treyarch and Infinity ward can ban players from the online portion but not PSN or XBL. The game would need a online mode supported by battle net servers,or a warden program installed on PSN or XBL servers which can only be done if sony and Mircrosoft allow it.
Edited by Leotharas#1952 on 4/21/2014 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
blizzard has NO control over the servers that the PSN/XBL live use. and trust me. You dont want BoA gear. then you cant trade with anyone. you will have to be 100% self found. that for everything legendary. that nice blacksmithing plan thats legendary that you want, you will have to hunt it down your self and pray to the RNG gods that you find it. and if that happens you will be back on here saying they need to take away the boa. there is no real way to stop the people hacking the game. no matter what they will find a way to do it.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Daygone
blizzard has NO control over the servers that the PSN/XBL live use. and trust me. You dont want BoA gear. then you cant trade with anyone. you will have to be 100% self found. that for everything legendary. that nice blacksmithing plan thats legendary that you want, you will have to hunt it down your self and pray to the RNG gods that you find it. and if that happens you will be back on here saying they need to take away the boa. there is no real way to stop the people hacking the game. no matter what they will find a way to do it.

As someone who plays on both console and PC. I agree with this^^ wholeheartedly. BOA is not fun and there is no way around it. Its simply in your face the entire time. Hacking and duping are easily circumvented by just finding the right group of people to play with that also want to play legit.
I would happily have to deal with salvaging the occasional piece I find out is dupped, rather than having BOA imposed on us so relentlessly the way it is on PC.

Don't get me wrong, I hate modding and duping with a passion. But BOA as its being applied on PC currently is alot like treating the disease by killing the patient.
Edited by SBUDL#1327 on 4/21/2014 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Troll Death Knight
04/21/2014 01:47 AMPosted by Shinra
I'm an avid PS3 player of Diablo 3, and I love it. And I can't even tell you how I bad I want it for PS4. But I'm curious if your development team will set precautions that will prevent players from bringing in their modified items that they take into the PS4 version of D3's ecosystem. Something must be done about these hacked/modified items that players use because it seriously damages certain facets of the game. Cheating in any way shape or form is not tolerated on the PC version, I would like your team to extend that courtesy to the PS4 version to keep things fair and fun.

Something like "Report Player" in the Start Menu to let Blizzard know of these individuals that are using stupidly hacked/modified items so that they don't cause the same harm to the PS3/360 versions of D3 to the PS4 version. Or if it's technically possible, encrypt coding data that will prevent PS3 players bringing in their modified items into the PS4 version - that would be just great.

Please do something, anything - to let PS3/PS4 players know that cheating won't be tolerated. Enforce that mighty Ban Hammer on those who are caught because console versions desperately need it. I'm begging you... "Cheaters never prosper"

A worthwhile request but ultimately too many variables to really do anything.

Look at how much trouble, say, Skullgirls has getting updates made in a timely manner on PSN/XBL. Probably why we haven't seen more D3 patching on console (Leoric's Gauntlets, anyone?).
Reply Quote
110 Pandaren Monk
I'm sorry but if you don't want to play with a player who has duped an item leave game and join a new one or play with friends, quit QQ'ing about something that is easily controllable by who YOU choose to play with. If you are playing alone or playing with people you choose to play with this does not affect you in the slightest.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 05:21 PMPosted by Kenshín
I'm sorry but if you don't want to play with a player who has duped an item leave game and join a new one or play with friends, quit QQ'ing about something that is easily controllable by who YOU choose to play with. If you are playing alone or playing with people you choose to play with this does not affect you in the slightest.

So basically what you're telling me is to ignore the problem and pretend it isn't there? That's lazy... Thanks for telling me that I have the choice to play with or leave parties that use modified items, I had no idea I could do that... "If you are playing alone or playing with people you choose to play with this does not affect you in the slightest."

Wrong.

Just because I don't play with people that use modified items doesn't mean that it does not directly affect me. It affects me as being a player that's part of a community. Ya know, the big picture? I can see how you think that way, albeit it being a tunnel-minded way.

Tell me, what do you do in the situation where there's a fly in the room with you? Obviously the buzzing noise that it makes is annoying as hell, but all it's doing is flying around while not "directly" bothering you. You're impulse is to smash it. Why? Because you find the presence of that fly repulsive and annoying. This same hypothetical situation can be applied to cheating players in video games. It always starts out small, but if you don't handle it soon then !@#$ gets way out of control and you'll have flies everywhere.....
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Daygone

Unfortunately you're right about players ultimately never being satisfied. And there's definitely no "one way" solution to fix this but it would be nice to know that Blizzard cared about the stability of the console ecosystem and not just the PC's.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 05:14 PMPosted by Axelhander
04/21/2014 01:47 AMPosted by Shinra

A worthwhile request but ultimately too many variables to really do anything.

Look at how much trouble, say, Skullgirls has getting updates made in a timely manner on PSN/XBL. Probably why we haven't seen more D3 patching on console (Leoric's Gauntlets, anyone?).

Yeah, it's been a while since a console patch for both PS3/360 came out. (That I can think of)

And I think it's a legitimate request coming from someone that's invested an estimated 175 hours into the game. (Can't say an exact number because PS3 version doesn't keep track of accumulated hours)
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 02:53 AMPosted by MooseJuice
What does how long u have played have to do with a request being legit? I guess that makes my requests more legit cuz I have ever 1500 hours put into console and pc.

A patch would be nice since the only patch was a month after it came out and have gotten none since.

1,500 Hours? Are you employed? Well I guess I'll take your word for it. All that I was trying to say was that this request was coming from someone who has spent a lot time on the game and understands what he's requesting to change, as opposed to someone who just got the game yesterday and just started complaining. That's all I meant. Those players have a right to be heard too though. No offense intended nor was I trying to come off as boasting.
Reply Quote
There is like 3 on 4 people cheating this saturday night on the ps4 version....
I am not againsy ppl cheating, if they have fun that's ok :)
But I would very much like to play legit... witch is nearly impossible on the public servers...

So, lets' just give the game host a kick player out option for god sake...

Just a note to the cheaters out there... What point is there to play d3 when u one shot everything, even rift boss dies in like 2 sec... Getting better loot to improve your toon is pretty much what this game is all about.... Do you need better loot when you one shot everything ?

anyways...
Reply Quote
yeah i dont like it either becase it ruins the game a lot i dont like when my paragon lv goes upp way too fast
Edited by diablo#21570 on 10/21/2015 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
for those of you who are my age, 30's and up, yall know cheating has been around forever thanks to gameshark, and game genie and such... granted, back when we were youngins there was no public gaming, unless it was friends sittin on the couch or in the floor with us.. cheating in games has been around for a long time and doubtful gonna go anywhere... i'll admit i use a few modded items, but i don't use anything that affects anybody's toon... what needs to happen is to get rid of the fact that xp is shared between toons... if they haven't placed that in the game, then ppl wouldn't be !@#$%ing so much about their paragon going up and up and up and up without them wanting it that way..
Reply Quote
10/22/2015 08:33 PMPosted by EddieLMT
i'll admit i use a few modded items, but i don't use anything that affects anybody's toon... what needs to happen is to get rid of the fact that xp is shared between toons... if they haven't placed that in the game, then ppl wouldn't be !@#$%ing so much about their paragon going up and up and up and up without them wanting it that way..

Yeah that's what I've been saying get rid of shared experience. Why Blizzard seems to want to just play the see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil on this issue is beyond me.

I too admit I use 2 pieces of modded gear I was gifted but I use it only on solo play.

I don't like group play myself, & with the solo play being setup how it is paragon leveling is at best a snails pace or maybe slower I got tired of getting nowhere on paragons. I shouldn't have to play with others if I don't want to just to get somewhere on paragons. So I've been taking a break from D3.

But I do fully understand the gripes everyone has a right to play their way, but legit players keep getting screwed over.

I also think the quick match group making system may need fixing. It shouldn't be putting vastly unequal paragon levels together. Example paragon level 100 players shouldn't have to worry about it shoving a 10,000 paragon leveler in with them, other players lets say within 50 paragons above or below them should be who they get grouped with. But I don't know if that's something Blizzard can set up or not....or if they even would.

The cheaters shot my paragon level to 4500 something......I don't remember the exact number because I haven't played recently..... kind of made me get turned off from playing the game. I have to many characters I have made that I love to just start all over. So I'm stuck with the boosted paragons but I am going to dust off my diablo 3 game this week sometime & check my characters & stash for any items that are non legit or even are suspicious & get rid of them.

The only items I'll keep is the wings...I love the bone wings on my wizard. Wish blizzard would give everyone all the wings on one of their updates/patches....but that's a whole different topic.
Edited by Dauth#1733 on 10/25/2015 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]