Diablo® III

Barb Earthquake Set too powerful and outofline?

LMAO, again, you don't seem to understand or you are incredibly naive.

Yeah, ok broderbun.

04/21/2014 02:00 PMPosted by chizow
What you ask for is not Blizzard's MO. You are asking what is basically impossible or highly improbable based on their own public record. They have a long history of fast nerfs and slow/underwhelming buffs.

You're going to have to do a lot better than telling me what I am asking for to convince me that I, myself, don't know what I'm asking for. As someone who played a lot of witch doctor I can pretty much tell you that blizzard ADORES buffing classes. Zombie dogs have, literally, like 250x as much health today as they did when vanilla launched. Locust swarm is doing like 10x its original damage. You're just a hurt puppy at this point, you can't see anything outside of your own tiny cage. The barbarian took a huge nerf when RoS came out, that absolutely happened, but I've played most blizzard games in the last 20 years, and my experience with their buff/nerf cycle seems to be unlike yours. Barbs are absolutely in a bad place, but I don't think they're willing to let the most popular class in D2 languish.

Also, re: Shard of Hate, their reason is not only arbitrary, it's inconsistent. Shard was never an on-hit item, it was on-cast and thus should not have been subject to on-hit proc coeff. Subjecting it to WW proc coefficient just made the item useless, as you well know I am sure. Also, there are runes/abilities in the game that ignore proc coefficient and work just fine, in fact the difference can be one of great usefulness to uselessness (Windshear vs. Mighty Weapons/Weapon Master).

I do agree that the weapon feels over-nerfed in regards to WW specifically, but it was also a BiS weapon for monks for the same reason as barbarians, and just adding an internal cooldown would not have addressed all of it's issues given how it interacted with some of their spenders. In a blue post the other day they stated that they haven't done a post RoS balance pass on classes, and that the generator buff was the tip of the iceburg. If they buff WW and it's not enough to make it useful then you'll have called it correct, but you're being too pessimistic.

Like I said, go away for a year or two, we will send you notice of the next 100% XP wkend and Fury Generator buffs.

Chew on a bullet.

Until then, if you are truly not a troll as you claim, leave the class and mechanics most of us who actually play the game enjoy, or hope to enjoy in the future alone......

I don't hear that bullet yet.
Reply Quote
Don't nerf. Buff the rest. Complete sets SHOULD allow the player to be ultimately powerful. I don't see how people wouldn't want this.

Buff the rest of the sets. Don't nerf anymore please.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 02:43 PMPosted by illy
Don't nerf. Buff the rest. Complete sets SHOULD allow the player to be ultimately powerful. I don't see how people wouldn't want this.

Buff the rest of the sets. Don't nerf anymore please.

Exactly this. Items in general\sets need to be made more interesting. Not less so. Every set should change the way you play and make you feel like a godmode cheatcode.

How many barb use EQ without the set bonus? (not many). Yet with 4 super rare endgame items, (the earth set) it becomes the focal point of the build. it changes the gameplay, this does not make you invulnerable I have still died leaping into a pack within a second (which is why i use the stun rune now).

This is not 1 buggy legendary that elevates you above where you should be (cough SOH), this is an ultimate class set.

Compare this to Zunimassa's Haunt or VYR’S sets.
Reply Quote
if you think this wont be nerfed,you really, really reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy need to seek medical assistance...
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:54 PMPosted by KopaKabana
if you think this wont be nerfed,you really, really reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy need to seek medical assistance...

Can you elaborate why you feel so strongly this will be nurfed?
Reply Quote
Man i check this thread after a day of work and the kid is still at it. You keep surprising me.

04/21/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Skar
04/21/2014 04:54 PMPosted by KopaKabana

Can you elaborate why you feel so strongly this will be nurfed?

He's on the same page as OP and the other idiot Shumabot that's posting in this thread, don't need to elaborate more then that.
Reply Quote
If you don't even know if Eearthquake stack or not, don't mind posting. It's the only decent build barbs got left and the CD timer on leap is a pain even thou it's just 7-10 seconds + the mobs of creeps can dodge and run out of the earthquake. Sure, you can stun em with leap for 3 seconds but it's still a pain in the !@# and a really boring build.

Fks up with these nerf posts anyway? It's pretty much a single player game. Reroll to whatever you find the strongest or most fun to play or shut it. Just to be a hypocrite I can't belive there isn't much more focus on the Wiz and WD builds out there. "Oh Alkaizer does t6 with leap wtf nerf". If you jelly $%^-s only knew what kind of gear it takes for a barb to do t6. What about the 2 BILLION crit dmg WD build or the fetish blowdart one? Shots fired!
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 06:29 PMPosted by Dwimmerlaik
If you don't even know if Eearthquake stack or not, don't mind posting.

When I asked that I didn't have having the gear to test it myself.

Sure, you can stun em with leap for 3 seconds but it's still a pain in the !@# and a really boring build.

I'm enjoying it. Fun is subjective.

It's pretty much a single player game.

I am finding allot of people to play with, playing with a group is nice. Thinking about cross class synergies also adds another layer to the game, talents\runes you might not otherwise take solo but provide too much group utility to pass up e.g Forced march rune on sprit.
Reply Quote
Posted by Dwimmerlaik

It does not stack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVP6wd_tkxo, see the damage of 1 EQ does not change much with 3 EQ.

And you can also see that the player still struggles from the elite attacks (almost died several times). Calling for nerf for every good build (not mentioning this build requires 3 end-game un-craftable set pieces) is not going to make D3 a better game.

I don't have them yet, but i pray soon ^^

Barb is not even on top 2 strongest class so nerfing several remaining good build (which almost all of them requires certain items to work) is certainly out of the table.

But then, OP is not even a barb so this is absolutely a troll thread
Reply Quote
View profile
04/21/2014 10:03 PMPosted by BulKathos
Posted by Dwimmerlaik

It does not stack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVP6wd_tkxo, see the damage of 1 EQ does not change much with 3 EQ.

And you can also see that the player still struggles from the elite attacks (almost died several times). Calling for nerf for every good build (not mentioning this build requires 3 end-game un-craftable set pieces) is not going to make D3 a better game.

I don't have them yet, but i pray soon ^^

Barb is not even on top 2 strongest class so nerfing several remaining good build (which almost all of them requires certain items to work) is certainly out of the table.

But then, OP is not even a barb so this is absolutely a troll thread

oh tthat why i feel difficult and died much in t5 but everyone say i m T6 easy clear....

and the barbarian main output from the video is HOTA....but not the earthquake itself...
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 4/21/2014 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:03 PMPosted by BulKathos

It does not stack.

It absolutely stacks, stop spreading misinformation.
Reply Quote
Why is a level 70 monk asking for barb nerfs? Very confused. Your specifically posting about barb class specific level 70 gear that you haven't used? Theory crafting much or just trolling?
Edited by drn#2442 on 4/21/2014 10:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:09 PMPosted by drn
Why is a level 70 monk asking for barb nerfs? Very confused. Your specifically posting about barb class specific level 70 gear that you haven't used? Theory crafting much or just trolling?

Maybe because the monk sets are not so "godly".

However it does not change the fact that the EQ set is so hard to find, and it still does not make you invulnerable or killing so easy like certain bugs.

Kudos to all guys who collected 3 of them. Share on any specific tricks? ^^
Edited by BulKathos#6437 on 4/21/2014 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 12:07 AMPosted by Cloud
Blade of Prophecy - Condemn/Vacuum Rune

Shield Glare: +20% damage
Laws of Valor: +100% Critical Damage
Judgment: Guarantee that crit
Strongarm Bracers: +20-30% damage

Have 400-500% critical damage.
Have 8000-9000 strength
Have 60-80% holy damage bonus
Have 10-20% Condemn bonus damage
Have 80-100% area damage
Have 40-50% Cooldown Reduction

This is comparable. Elites die instantly.

It's not the same. For that build to be viable you literally need the entire Akarats set, amongst other s that have the right % build.

However, I'm all for nerfing Condemn to get a buff to FoH crusaders and fixing our movement speed to be on par with other classes. :D
Reply Quote
Earthquake sucks for Goblins in open spaces.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:18 PMPosted by BulKathos
04/21/2014 10:09 PMPosted by drn

However it does not change the fact that the EQ set is so hard to find, and it still does not make you invulnerable or killing so easy like certain bugs.

It's not that difficult to find the sets, especially the 4 EQ set. It's already debunked. I have the 6 set raiment and 4 set monkey garb after like 2 weeks of farming. Despite this, the barb eq set is way more powerful than raiment set, surely it can't be intended this way?

-"Share on any specific tricks? ^^"
Pray to RNGesus.

04/21/2014 10:49 PMPosted by KAMBO

no it doesn't. your leap stuns the gobs long enough to kill it.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's not that difficult to find the sets, especially the 4 EQ set. It's already debunked. I have the 6 set raiment and 4 set monkey garb after like 2 weeks of farming. Despite this, the barb eq set is way more powerful than raiment set, surely it can't be intended this way?

-"Share on any specific tricks? ^^"
Pray to RNGesus.

04/21/2014 10:49 PMPosted by KAMBO

no it doesn't. your leap stuns the gobs long enough to kill it.

Your version of end game is so weird.

My version of end game gameplay is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1c0Ni9V8pE

while your version is for every class seems to be to get them nerfed so they struggle in T6. Here's a bright idea, ask for buffs instead of nerfs.

BTW, look at WD gameplay. That's what I call end game fun.

Now you're probably gonna spam the forum asking for WD nerfs. you're pathetic.

it's a god damn single player game! Let us have fun wtf.

Just because your class set sucks you have to go ruin the fun for everyone. I'd hate to have someone like you as a friend.
Edited by Yang#1719 on 4/22/2014 2:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah I really think you are confused and in the wrong place. Wizards, WD's and Demon Hunters all do way more dmg then barbs and don't need some dumb set so go cry in those forums already. While you are at it go cry in the monk forums about how they can stack so much CD reduction and be pretty much unkillable and godly cause you know it ruins my game play when im leaping around laying my EQ's that this monk is pulling everything to him and just simply never dying.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 02:38 PMPosted by Shumabot

Yeah, ok broderbun.

Np brosef, broly, brochacho.

You're going to have to do a lot better than telling me what I am asking for to convince me that I, myself, don't know what I'm asking for. As someone who played a lot of witch doctor I can pretty much tell you that blizzard ADORES buffing classes. Zombie dogs have, literally, like 250x as much health today as they did when vanilla launched. Locust swarm is doing like 10x its original damage. You're just a hurt puppy at this point, you can't see anything outside of your own tiny cage. The barbarian took a huge nerf when RoS came out, that absolutely happened, but I've played most blizzard games in the last 20 years, and my experience with their buff/nerf cycle seems to be unlike yours. Barbs are absolutely in a bad place, but I don't think they're willing to let the most popular class in D2 languish.

LMAO, of course you don't know what you want other than NERFS of currently viable builds and strategies, brilliant. Thank you for giving a glimpse of the dysfunction of your thought processes. You obviously have no clue what quid pro quo means despite your claims that is exactly what you are asking for. What you advocate is quid pro nihil, because you are willing to give in return for nothing but hopes and expectations. And in your buff/nerf cycle experience from Blizzard, how LONG has it taken them to buff after a nerf? Months, years. What are you supposed to do in that time? Oh right, whine on forums about how a class is in a bad place. Like I said, most rational people expect to get something BEFORE they give something up, obviously your thought processes don't function this way.

I do agree that the weapon feels over-nerfed in regards to WW specifically, but it was also a BiS weapon for monks for the same reason as barbarians, and just adding an internal cooldown would not have addressed all of it's issues given how it interacted with some of their spenders. In a blue post the other day they stated that they haven't done a post RoS balance pass on classes, and that the generator buff was the tip of the iceburg. If they buff WW and it's not enough to make it useful then you'll have called it correct, but you're being too pessimistic.

LOL if they buff WW, did you not see the blue post? They feel WW is in a good place, now how do you feel about contributing to the idiocy that led to Shard's nerf? Again, you place far too much faith in a company that had no problem systematically nerfing Barb into the ground, and now you are advocating more of it.

Chew on a bullet.

You first, but honestly, go away, we'll let you know when your buffs to WW come in 3 years.

I don't hear that bullet yet.

Still trollin huh? Like I said, go away and let those who actually enjoy the game enjoy it without having to hear from blithe pie-in-the-sky optimists like you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]