Diablo® III

Barb Earthquake Set too powerful and outofline?

04/17/2014 12:21 AMPosted by Raticus79

75% cooldown reduction monk. "Oh wow, I'm invulnerable 80% of the time!" - that's nice, but defense is pointless. This game's flat reward curve means if you're playing on a level where you need that kind of defense, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think that's true. Part of the reason players like Alkaizer can still do t6 fairly effectively is because they have Unity. That's a huge defensive boon.

Heck, it's the reason I can do T6 (albeit slowly-- 30 minute clear of rifts). If you can get a huge amount of defense somewhere, it frees up a significant gear burden elsewhere.
Reply Quote
Sounds like very OP and fun. Blizzard 'fix' it please!
Reply Quote
You need to find the pieces first... and it's not that easy.

Why are you always calling for nerfs instead of playing your own class and be happy with it?

Every class has it's own pros and cons.

E.g.
Barbarian needs a lot of gear to be OP, while wizard needs less (you can't say this is not true).

Play the game and enjoy it instead of calling for nerfs.
Reply Quote
I think some of you are not seeing this. With the earthquake set and lut socks, barbs can use their ultimates 3x in a 7-10s window. Say you have an 8s cooldown on leap, barbs can do 2600*3/8=975% weapon damage per second. You show me me which class can output that much damage just with the leap+earthquake combo. This build is effective in most, if not all situations. To top it all off, it doesn't require much stat sacrifice to achieve this and still maintain your damage and survivability mods. On the other hand, other classes have to forego so much stat to get cooldown reductions for example.

Now let's compare to a monk. The Raiment set give like 100% per teleport. Most monks have 2-2.6 attackspeed which gives like 200-260% extra damage per second and that is only if they teleport. The barb earthquake + lutsock combo should also follow along these lines. 2600/10=260%.

Therefore, I propose a simple fix to this that multiple earthquake from leap should not stack or limited to 1 only. Dealing over 900% weapon damage with little to no effort set is not the way to go.
Reply Quote
Seriously, S-T-F-U with the stupid nerf posts.
Edited by Rizzen#1681 on 4/17/2014 2:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 02:39 AMPosted by Messiah
Say you have an 8s cooldown on leap, barbs can do 2600*3/8=975% weapon damage per second.

What I wonder is does Earthquake stack. Blizzard skills does not stack.

Because if Earthquake does not stack, this is 325% damage over a very big area. Tal Rasha set can do 333% damages with the four meteors, but over a smaller area. If Earthquake stacks this may be OP. If Earthquake does not stack, this more reasonable.
Reply Quote
Therefore, I propose a simple fix to this that multiple earthquake from leap should not stack or limited to 1 only. Dealing over 900% weapon damage with little to no effort set is not the way to go.

So I think I have my answer. :D

PS: I should have read all before posting.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 12:07 AMPosted by Cloud
Blade of Prophecy - Condemn/Vacuum Rune

Shield Glare: +20% damage
Laws of Valor: +100% Critical Damage
Judgment: Guarantee that crit
Strongarm Bracers: +20-30% damage

Have 400-500% critical damage.
Have 8000-9000 strength
Have 60-80% holy damage bonus
Have 10-20% Condemn bonus damage
Have 80-100% area damage
Have 40-50% Cooldown Reduction

This is comparable. Elites die instantly.

You can't get these stats with BIS gear, you will have to sacrifice Condemn damage and CD reduction if you want area damage. Area damage isn't even important as this build is great for packs anyway, weaker against bosses.

Not to mention that with that build bosses will never die...
Reply Quote
loooool
whining again? Need some cheese?

DH set does 5-10mio crits with the pets (not even a skill)
Sorc does 15-20 mio crits with their set (not even a skill just a meteor falling)
monks get multiple bonuses from Mantras (which should be fixed to work proper)
and you complain about a barb? You need 1 skill, 3 setpieces, a special ring and legendary boots.

I thought it would be the sense of the game to farm sets to be powerfull at farming?

Just go to play and stop whining!

1000%/second is easy done with every sorc/WD/DH.
Wizard: Frostorb does 400% if you cast it 2,2times/second you got 1000% with one skill and you can choose where it goes (barb cant choose for 10 seconds)
DH: CLuster arrow does 770% if you cast it 2,2 times /second you deal far more then 1500% and you chan choose where (barb cant choose for 10 seconds)
WD: Haunt (no more words needed)
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 02:55 AMPosted by slocs
Sorc does 15-20 mio crits with their set (not even a skill just a meteor falling)

lol i saw a barb doing 15mill dmg a tick and it's not even a crit. was like 75mill dmg earthquake ticks i saw and has still a free hota to smack them down.
Reply Quote
afaik eq does not stack ...

but i knew people would complain about this as soon as soh would be out of the picture ...

lets just nerf anything that is able to kill anything on t6!
Reply Quote
While we're at it, let's nerf sweeping wind. It's just too good, no reason any monk shouldn't have it.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 02:58 AMPosted by Messiah
lol i saw a barb doing 15mill dmg a tick and it's not even a crit. was like 75mill dmg earthquake ticks i saw and has still a free hota to smack them down.

i can do a hota spec that crits for 120m per hit, u want to nerf that as well?

eq set though is hard on your toughness and your paper dps ...
Edited by page#2841 on 4/17/2014 3:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 03:11 AMPosted by page
afaik eq does not stack ...

So my question was not that stupid after all. The Set may be slightly more powerful than some other but enough to need a nerf.
Edited by holce#2777 on 4/17/2014 3:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you forgot a "not" there
Reply Quote
This thread upsets me not because you people are stupid, but because I'm not entirely convinced Blizzard isn't going to listen to you anyway.
Reply Quote
It's really powerful, but takes 4 pieces, a Ring of Royal Grandeur and Lut Socks to run that build. If someone farms enough or is just that darn lucky, he should be that powerful in my opinion.
Reply Quote
I think some of you are not seeing this. With the earthquake set and lut socks, barbs can use their ultimates 3x in a 7-10s window. Say you have an 8s cooldown on leap, barbs can do 2600*3/8=975% weapon damage per second. You show me me which class can output that much damage just with the leap+earthquake combo. This build is effective in most, if not all situations. To top it all off, it doesn't require much stat sacrifice to achieve this and still maintain your damage and survivability mods. On the other hand, other classes have to forego so much stat to get cooldown reductions for example.

Now let's compare to a monk. The Raiment set give like 100% per teleport. Most monks have 2-2.6 attackspeed which gives like 200-260% extra damage per second and that is only if they teleport. The barb earthquake + lutsock combo should also follow along these lines. 2600/10=260%.

DH with 8 pets and 5 sentry towers using your hatred spenders?
Permanent Fetish army +MoJ T&T?
!@#$ tons of free meteor procs?
Full IK armor?

There is PLENTY of similar tier gear out there, all of them, like this, take enough dedication to find a massive amount of specific gear.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 03:25 AMPosted by Mumblez
It's really powerful, but takes 4 pieces, a Ring of Royal Grandeur and Lut Socks to run that build. If someone farms enough or is just that darn lucky, he should be that powerful in my opinion.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/eyes-of-the-earth

3set if u use the royal grandeur ring and the lut socks.

I also farmed hard for my Raiment monk set and it takes a whopping 6 set bonus to get the 100% bonus dmg unlike the 4 piece earthquake. When I see set items like the barb earthquake/lutsock combo, this makes me feel that this raiment set is completely useless, along with the monk Sunwuko 4 piece set. I already presented u all with numbers why this barb combo is broken and Im pretty sure there is a high chance blizz will fix it by not allowing earthquake to stack, so that it will fall in line with other set bonus.
Reply Quote
why do you keep making this thread over and over for? just play your own game, ask them to buff ur own class....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]