Diablo® III

Barb Earthquake Set too powerful and outofline?

04/17/2014 05:29 AMPosted by Messiah
The reddit thread above confirms earthquake stacks and leap from earthquake can follow the rune you pick on your skillbar. With that said, if the rune molten fury is picked with 4500% dmg, the earthquake/lutsock combo can dish out 4500*3/8=1687.5% weapon damage per second. That's incredible!

You forgot the fact it works with the passive that give +30 fury or 135 fury every 10 seconds without CDR.

If the earthquake form leap stacks and activate the Earthen Might, it is way out of line. :D

04/17/2014 06:59 AMPosted by RamJChung
People like you are toxic to the rest of the community, especially those who actually take the time to invest in a certain build. This game has ZERO competitive aspects in its current form, therefore items that are working AS INTENDED (earthquake set, WD pet enhancements, marauders set) do not need to be nerfed at all. Period. It's fun to get upgrades and playing the game is supposed to be fun. Playing a class that is very strong because you have worked hard to make it as such is FUN. Go scream for your nerfs somewhere else. Why do you even care?!?!

When I play a barb I want have choices between a lot of powerful build and not a choice between one OP build and a lot of weak ones. Build and gear diversity need reasonable balance. I don't care if something is more powerful until it is too powerful.

Without the stack and the activation of Earthen Might, the Set would remains strong. At least as strong as Tal Rasha Set.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 12:39 AMPosted by Kixx
Requires a 3 piece set and a common ring.

There is nothing common about RRoG....
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 04:08 AMPosted by MafiaPro
It's not out of line compared to WD pet build, DH Marauders 6 set, Crusader Akka's + Blade of Proph.

Now blizz, Give Monk and Wiz a t6 option....

I'm not sure DH Marauder 6 piece is comparable to this. Loaded for bear with all fire maybe, but the kind of survivability and damage leap quake or 12+ fetishes with 10s cooldown BBV can bring is pretty insane.

I'm not fan of nerfing, so Wizard and Monk really do need to be bought up to this kind of power with BIS end game gears.
Edited by StarchCraft#1709 on 4/17/2014 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 11:58 PMPosted by Messiah
do you guys think the barb earthquake set with that leap boots(lut socks) is too powerful and out of line when compared to other class sets?

*facepalm* please no, what have you started
Reply Quote
Buff wizard and monk sets/builds yay!! Fire barbs and CA/zookeeper DH and pet DH and Condemn Crusader are tired of being alone (they aren't really alone actually lolol) and OP they want their wiz and monk friends to join them !! Actually wizzes may be fine buff monks though :D
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 08:19 AMPosted by Karmasauce
04/16/2014 11:58 PMPosted by Messiah
do you guys think the barb earthquake set with that leap boots(lut socks) is too powerful and out of line when compared to other class sets?

*facepalm* please no, what have you started

He's technically correct, the Might of Earth + Lut Socks is absolutely more powerful than everything else other class has, except maybe Mask Of J + T&T + Starmetal combo in certain situations.

Doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed, it means other classes, especially Wizard and monks (who are pretty terrible in t6 relatively speaking), needs more powerful combo like those.
Reply Quote
Another feeble attempt to nerf other classes?

Sucks for those who hasn't even got a chance to try them.
Reply Quote
I have the set (5 extremely hard to get items) and I'm not facerolling t6 because my gear isn't good enough. Yeah, so no.
Reply Quote
ITT: Monk main with a Barb called Nerfme subtly asking for Barbarian nerfs.
Reply Quote
Lol, it's not as out of line as you might think. Running the set and decent other gears, some definitely could be lot better, the fact is, it's not even comparable to SoH WW pre-nerf, I ran with 2 diff barbs with SOH WW spec pre-nerf, I was simply speechless.
Reply Quote
lol how about nerf monk? Able to solo t6 in gear: that is totally unacceptable.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12427753159?page=1
Edited by ladish#1983 on 4/17/2014 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dear god, the amount of cry babies this game has produced.
Reply Quote
Oh wait, so this !@#$ comes in here complaining about a barb set when his monk can solo t6 content in 4player games? LOL %^-* off.
Reply Quote
Really dude? do people really complain about every little thing? I love my earthquake set, go away.

http://youtu.be/YdaeVone5qA?t=1m41s
Reply Quote
It's strong, but I would hesitate to say that it's overpowered. SoH was overpowered, I could spin in place and do more damage with it than I could from dropping 4x4500% earthquakes + hota smash. There are other strong sets/items too: Jade harvester, marauder, etc. Monk sets could use a bit of love though, that 6 piece monk set is has pretty terrible and uninspiring bonuses.
Reply Quote
It is powerful, but since it is dependent on cooldowns it balances itself out for higher difficulties. If you want to lower cooldowns, you have to sacrifice damage or mitigation. It's really hard to be well rounded.

It's clearly working as intended. It's an end game set and the set and lut socks are designed to compliment each other. It's an excellent set,. Blizzard hit that one out of the park.
Reply Quote
Regarding the potential of monk sets relative to barbarian sets, i'd agree with the OP that the options available to monk SETS seem pretty underwhelming when compared directly to what we barbs can get our hands on

The same cannot be said of all monk unique gear however

monks have access to things that barbs do not. If i was the op i'd take a very good look at monk unique items with substantial + lightning modifiers OUTSIDE the main set, coupled with the 4 piece bonus of the Rainment (3+ Royal Ring)--which you can use to squeeze an extra 15% lightning damage out of slots that don't normally have substantial dps modifiers, while maintaining proper defenses-- you're looking at a higher lightning damage modifier than any other class outright, with more than sufficient defenses for T6. Also worth noting, because you're natural output in lightning is elevated as a monk you can take advantage of lightning proc weapons like SoH without sacrificing any natural DPS AT ALL.

TLDR: monk set bonuses are boring but monk gear as a whole is fine and in many ways superior to leapquake if itemized properly.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 12:32 PMPosted by Freudian
It is powerful, but since it is dependent on cooldowns it balances itself out for higher difficulties. If you want to lower cooldowns, you have to sacrifice damage or mitigation. It's really hard to be well rounded.

It's clearly working as intended. It's an end game set and the set and lut socks are designed to compliment each other. It's an excellent set,. Blizzard hit that one out of the park.

Totally agree. I do think they will drop the damage of molten fury to, say 3800%. I think that's fair tbh.
Reply Quote
the only nerf i can see it having, is no more stacking 4 earthquake o.o other than that it doesnt need any nerf
Reply Quote
The set is incredibly fun to use, it doesn't just add damage but changes skill mechanics entirely. The game needs more stuff like that.

Now, stop whining about a set bonus for a class you don't even play in a single player ARPG, which for too long had nothing but dull items. Your level 60 barbarian is named 'NerfMe' and you seem to think Diablo 3 is a highly competitive game (it isn't). Stop writing dumb essays.

edit: wow, you even made multiple forum threads about this.
Edited by Genome#1182 on 4/17/2014 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]