Diablo® III

I'm falling sleep while doing rifts

am I the only one who gets very sleepy while doing rifts?
there's not much excitiement right now while doing rifts

with this BoA thing I keep losing hope of finding another piece of IK set or the Eartquake or Rakanors set (w/e these sets are called).
2 weeks ago I could spend like 5 - 6 hours farming straight

today I can barely stand 2 - 4 rifts without fallin asleep lol
Edited by Geraki#1760 on 4/21/2014 1:39 PM PDT
04/21/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Geraki
am I the only one who gets very sleepy while doing rifts?

I'm sure, out of the millions of people that play, you're not the only one. That's like asking if there are other people that get sleepy sometimes in the United States.
Agreed, rifts are insanely boring. I have a way better time doing bounties because of the slight variation and better xp. Blizz really needs to add customizable modifiers to rifts similar to what PoE and Torchlight 2 have.
I'm in the same boat though I'm not really falling asleep. Just bored.

The mob density is terrible which makes it a chore to do most of the rifts.

The past 3-4 days I've just done a single bounty and 1-2 rifts before logging off and doing something else. I'll log on again a few hours later or so and rinse repeat.

Everytime I see a orange or green beam I know there's a 99% chance it will end up another forgotten soul ( which I have over 100 of now ). Majority of 'legendaries' are crap so I'm slowly but surely losing interest.
This happens because your subconcious knows the effort you put into playing the game is not worth the 0.1% of finding those specific set pieces.
04/21/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Brad
That's like asking if there are other people that get sleepy sometimes in the United States

... are there?
Also about mob density and rifts. Does anyone else feel like the mob density was lowered in rifts? I swear like the first patch that RoS had made rifts have way more monsters which was awesome and then a few days later it was reverted back to how lousy it is now.
No but I have started running past white monsters like it was a bounty and wondered where exactly I thought I was going.

04/21/2014 01:44 PMPosted by muccmaster
Also about mob density and rifts. Does anyone else feel like the mob density was lowered in rifts? I swear like the first patch that RoS had made rifts have way more monsters which was awesome and then a few days later it was reverted back to how lousy it is now.

I feel the people who say rifts are fine probably don't play a lot of rifts. Seen too many things that make the pre-density buff times look good and the maps that actually top the denser areas outside rifts are too infrequent.
Edited by icicid#1217 on 4/21/2014 1:55 PM PDT
I've played one rift floor where I was genuinely cautious. It was my first rift on T2 a while back, and it was an act 5 map, but the lighting was much, much darker than normal. It was a really good atmosphere to be playing in, very reminiscent of D2 (specifically in the Durance of Hate).
Yeah they need to allow us to increase mob densities. Sometimes I get into some rifts where its the Act 5 cemetery map and a single locust swarm pestilence can pretty much grab 5 elite groups and lots of white mobs all to me. It is awesome fighting like hundreds of mobs at once in your screen. Wish this happens more often though.
Edited by Jeremy#1212 on 4/21/2014 1:46 PM PDT
Not forced to do rifts, many thanks eternal sun god. No success? 3 Seppuku's guarantee much good success.
I do agree.

Even when playing with 3 other IRL friends doing hardcore rifts it is just so incredibly boring to me (and I seem to get physically tired). I honestly don't have this problem in the same degree while doing highly monotonous farm runs.
Edited by Justice#2752 on 4/21/2014 1:48 PM PDT
View profile
What I do is I try to do all the levels in rifts, even after I've beaten the boss because I usually find at least one more Legendary that way.

I do get sleepy though too.
Edited by ArcticShadow#1928 on 4/21/2014 1:51 PM PDT
04/21/2014 01:44 PMPosted by nitowa
04/21/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Brad
That's like asking if there are other people that get sleepy sometimes in the United States

... are there?

Of course not. I was just trying to make a point. Everyone knows that nobody gets sleepy. So why ask if everyone knows? It's a redundant question, much like the one I quoted.
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. Yea rifts make me hella sleepy after about 5 or 6 of them.
We have to actually get on Skype and start talking to each other to keep from dozing off.
Increase difficulty. It helps me.
More Mobs more Fun.

Maybe have high Torment better Chances for high Density Rifts?
I get sleepy when im playing difficulties that i steamroll. Just turn up the difficulty and you will find the game play much more stimulating.
In my opinion, Rifts are all that keep me immersed in D3. I don't like doing bounties. If they were fun, people wouldn't split up to try to get them over with as fast as nephalemly possible. I just do them for keystones so I can Rift.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]