Diablo® III

I'm falling sleep while doing rifts

Am I the only one that feels that some people play this game waay too much?
If you played the game like a machine of course you will get sleepy, at everything in fact, I cant even believe the Op is asking and saying the things it asks and says, c'mon people, common sense here, you will be burnt out if you mindlessly drone about repeating the same stuff over and over again!

Play something else, go out for a movie, take a walk, dunno man, take a break or something maybe?
is that asking too much of modern gamers these days?
04/21/2014 02:55 PMPosted by THEPROPHET
Am I the only one that feels that some people play this game waay too much?
If you played the game like a machine of course you will get sleepy, at everything in fact, I cant even believe the Op is asking and saying the things it asks and says, c'mon people, common sense here, you will be burnt out if you mindlessly drone about repeating the same stuff over and over again!

Play something else, go out for a movie, take a walk, dunno man, take a break or something maybe?
is that asking too much of modern gamers these days?

I do all that
I don't know man, I used to play diablo 2 harder than this... and this rarely happened cause tbh, after a day of hardwork I did FEEL like I made progress in something by finding a rune, a unique or socketed wep/armor etc, things I could TRADE for things I wanted/needed

not gonna lie, maybe I'm just burnt out but it's just the progression, after you hit that mid end progression you slow down so much...

I don't like playing other chars
I don't like the way other chars feel
Blizzard Employee
I have some questions about this if you guys want to talk about it a little more. I've seen some feedback in other threads about Nephalem Rifts making players “sleepy” (or not exciting enough), but I'd like to focus on that topic a bit more with you. Before I do, though, I'd like to point out that there is some feedback about monster density in Rifts that we're definitely aware of. So, density aside, what are some things that would make Rifts more exciting to you?

Please feel free to free-form your answer. If you’re not sure where to begin, though, I’ve provided some questions below.

• Does the atmosphere in a Rift influence how exciting or not exciting it feels? If yes, what Rift environments feel exciting to you? And which ones don’t?
  • Do certain monster groups feel more or less engaging?
  • Are there any mechanics from other parts of the game that you feel would make Rifts feel more exciting? If yes, what are those mechanics?
  • What's the most noticeable difference between a “boring” Rift and an “exciting” Rift for you?

I want to point out that because they are fully randomized there will be some Rifts that are more exciting than others, but we definitely want them to feel engaging and rewarding. We'd love to hear what you think would improve them in that way.
I love it when rifts drop me blackthornes

wow

much exciting

so sets
mini-bosses in rifts that can drop Blood Shards/Forgotten Souls would make it more exciting
04/21/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Grimiku
I have some questions about this if you guys want to talk about it a little more. I've seen some feedback in other threads about Nephalem Rifts making players “sleepy” (or not exciting enough), but I'd like to focus on that topic a bit more with you. Before I do, though, I'd like to point out that there is some feedback about monster density in Rifts that we're definitely aware of. So, density aside, what are some things that would make Rifts more exciting to you?

Please feel free to free-form your answer. If you’re not sure where to begin, though, I’ve provided some questions below.

• Does the atmosphere in a Rift influence how exciting or not exciting it feels? If yes, what Rift environments feel exciting to you? And which ones don’t?
  • Are there any mechanics from other parts of the game that you feel would make Rifts feel more exciting? If yes, what are those mechanics?
  • What's the most noticeable difference between a “boring” Rift and an “exciting” Rift for you?

I want to point out that because they are fully randomized there will be some Rifts that are more exciting than others, but we definitely want them to feel engaging and rewarding. We'd love to hear what you think would improve them in that way.

Density 3/4 of the time is entirely too low. There are no random events. The atmosphere of it changing colors is neat and should stay/be expanded on.

I should never find a pylon and have to hope I can find 1 single white monster before it ends. That is silly.
It's more to the point where drops are so few and far between there are never moments where killing a bunch of difficult mobs feels rewarding. There is no such thing as an explosion of loot in this game, it's yellow garbage and a few gems with the occasional beam. There needs to be way more legendary items with interesting affix's and maybe even another loot tier. As it stands currently there is nothing engaging about the loot hunt

[/quote]

The atmosphere doesn't influence me other than super dark rifts are hard to see in the daytime.

Certain monster groups don't stand out (I'd hate to make it too easy or too hard) but *lots* of them is a challenge and rewarding.

Less deadspace would make the rift more exciting and a little faster.

More special events/quests (like the Cow King, that was awesome) would be great. Just something to break up the 'kill this group then this group'.
Edited by LordQ#1520 on 4/21/2014 4:13 PM PDT
Density is the biggest factor. Honestly I think the game feels most fun when you're fighting a ton of monsters so if that's fixed it covers most of it.

I think it'd be really cool to have some of the more generic events spawn in rifts though. Things like Jar of Souls or the events from Battlefield of Eternity having a chance to spawn on their tileset would be fun.
idk what it is, something about the game makes me tired too. i've had this discussion with my wife actually lol. it's not that i'm bored, i still enjoy the game and switch it up to keep it fresh-ish. must be the repetition of doing the same thing.. kill, pickup, kill, pickup, kill, pickup.. no more room... sell sell sell sell.. kill, pickup, kill, oooh beam; aww 2 hander lol
Pylons are poorly placed/ Or monster density is too low.. i have 30 seconds to destroy everything but oohh.. i found 2 white monsters and a jar... :(

Cursed chest events, random events or maybe some rift exclusive events.

What's the most noticeable difference between a “boring” Rift and an “exciting” Rift for you?

Loot. Lots and lots of loot :) even if it's gems or rare white items. Loot is my answer to you.
Edited by trinity2012#1973 on 4/21/2014 4:14 PM PDT
Does the atmosphere in a Rift influence how exciting or not exciting it feels? If yes, what Rift environments feel exciting to you? And which ones don’t?
Do certain monster groups feel more or less engaging?
Are there any mechanics from other parts of the game that you feel would make Rifts feel more exciting? If yes, what are those mechanics?
What's the most noticeable difference between a “boring” Rift and an “exciting” Rift for you?

Low density makes me ZzZz
higher density
no
Remove kill bar, place guardian at the end of rift
high density = fun / low density = ZzZz
Edited by Jables#1843 on 4/21/2014 4:17 PM PDT
Slow rifts bore me, like the pandemonium fortress. I'd wish you at least get rid of the freezing gates. Waiting on those things isn't my idea of fun or challenging.
I think it would be nice to have possibility of finding craft materials in rifts. 2. Monster density in some of the rifts is horrible and makes me sleepy. 3. It would be nice to also implement some events like cursed chests as there isn't nothing like that in rifts. 4. Maybe give us a chance to meet more than one boss in the rift? The higher difficulty level is, the bigger is the chance that that will happen.
Edited by RIPi#1748 on 4/21/2014 4:16 PM PDT
Few things that probably would make the rifts appealing to me and I am confident other players would agree.

As you progress from T1- T6 each level needs to add better gear drops. I mean better quality.

I think we need gear that only drops in each T1 -T6

This means we need more items tiers to be added to make the rifts appealing for the grind.
I have 900++ rift keys piled up, it's simply tooooo boring to farm those rifts, too many times there are too few mobs, and too annoying maps.

"fully randomized" the lie dectector tests came back that was a lie. ive seen the same crappy rifts over and over with the same crap to kill. maybe more than 1 rift boss like 1 per 2 levels??
know what would be great?? killing 100+ white mobs (actually fun) and getting some kind of chance at a drop.

every more cool points if your slaughter bonus equated into some sort of magic find.!

I LOVE killing huge mobs, but always feels lackluster after you get a couple piles of gold. Im not saying legendas should rain from the heavens but MAYBE everytime you earn a bonus (1 blow, 20+ monsters, 10+ breakable) you get some kind of sweet drop.

Reward players for playing well. not running by 50+ white mobs and down levels to just hunt for elites. Yuck
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]