04/21/2014 04:06 PMPosted by GrimikuI have some questions about this if you guys want to talk about it a little more. I've seen some feedback in other threads about Nephalem Rifts making players “sleepy” (or not exciting enough), but I'd like to focus on that topic a bit more with you. Before I do, though, I'd like to point out that there is some feedback about monster density in Rifts that we're definitely aware of. So, density aside, what are some things that would make Rifts more exciting to you?
Please feel free to free-form your answer. If you’re not sure where to begin, though, I’ve provided some questions below.
- Does the atmosphere in a Rift influence how exciting or not exciting it feels? If yes, what Rift environments feel exciting to you? And which ones don’t?
- Do certain monster groups feel more or less engaging?
- Are there any mechanics from other parts of the game that you feel would make Rifts feel more exciting? If yes, what are those mechanics?
- What's the most noticeable difference between a “boring” Rift and an “exciting” Rift for you?
I want to point out that because they are fully randomized there will be some Rifts that are more exciting than others, but we definitely want them to feel engaging and rewarding. We'd love to hear what you think would improve them in that way.
- Rifts should have a mini boss before every entrance to a new level that you have to kill in order to get to the next level. (Mini bosses should be able to drop crafting material)
- Rifts should have a chance to have Mini events like - Lead the caravan to the entrance of the next level and beat the mini boss (these random events should drop specific loot similar to a1/a2 bounty bags) ALSO, they must be fail-able, aka you should actually have to protect them :)
- Rifts NEED better density in many level types (like others have said)
- Rifts should have cursed chests/shrine events.
x - Not pertaining to only rifts; level 70 leg stat ranges should increase by 2% per difficulty increase in T1-T6. - making T6 items have 12% better stat ranges then T1 legs.