Diablo® III

How are you guys surviving t4 and above?

Okay, I just started playing my DH seriously yesterday. Got some pieces when I was playing my monk, and it started pretty well. I can do T3 pretty relaxed but then I grouped in t4 and i got annihilated. I died like 6 times and I was already game face on and playing my DH like i was playing Starcraft(had to rest my fingers after my first t4 rift :( )

So the question is, how are you guys surviving? My friend said that using lingering fog is the key to surviving. I did this and maybe I'll survive the elite packs, the really slow ones. There are monsters that dive and teleport and sometimes its too late for the vault or lingering fog to save me. Is it with high HP pool? How are your resists? Armor? Healing perhaps? Kill or be killed?

Should I do this? Dex Vit All res armor? Or Dex all res armor vit?
Reply Quote
Keep farming til you get lucky with drops essentially. Having a million dps ain't enough, you need like 7+ million toughness as well to do T3/4.
Reply Quote
People are exploiting the Unity ring cheese. Wait until that fromage gets moldy in a hotfix.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 09:57 AMPosted by Raven
Keep farming til you get lucky with drops essentially. Having a million dps ain't enough, you need like 7+ million toughness as well to do T3/4.

7 mil toughness made of? More resist? Armor? Vit?
Reply Quote
Maurders and Danetta's set allow me to easy mode T5
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:12 AMPosted by hmk21

Ye right, its not the unity on you and your follower.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:12 AMPosted by hmk21

How is the Danetta's set helping you in T5?
Reply Quote
Danneta's for the unli vault?
Im guessing the marauders for the indirect pet damage..
then unity for that damage sharing. Okay cool!

Before everything else though... how are you guys stacking defensive stats? Is it okay for a dh to have 400k hp? and keep armor and resists at 70% mitigation?
Reply Quote
Don't stay grouped with the other heroes. I'm doing just fine by staying in the back and not exposing myself to crazy affixes.

Guys the DH can shoot farther than the screen! When I realized that everything changed for me!

For solo play use same tactic, prefire every room you enter! You don't have to see the monsters to hit them, and that makes Steady Aim one of the best passives we have. 25-32M crits on elites and usually they don't even have the time to get in my screen hehe.
Edited by ChikN#2957 on 4/22/2014 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I can solo T4 just fine without dying with 5.4 mil. I don't even have to use boar or perfectionist.
Edited by kaje#1867 on 4/22/2014 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think 450k - 500k health is a good place to be in terms of health pool. The rest of the defense should come from a good balance of armor and res all. With that, I find it T4 is pretty survivable with ~6-8 mil toughness.
Edited by flyin9monkie#1576 on 4/22/2014 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:46 AMPosted by kaje

I can solo T4 just fine without dying with 5.4 mil. I don't even have to use boar or perfectionist.

I don't die on T6 using the setup in my profile with perfectionist, boar companion, and numbing traps. Try throwing those on and see if T4 doesn't become a lot more comfortable for you. Honestly, with good play you shouldn't need more than 3.5m toughness for T4, don't let people fool you with that 7+ crap.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Wolfswift
How is the Danetta's set helping you in T5?

i had a post on this yesterday.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12584228585

It's easy mode with Danetta's set. Although I have 7mil in game toughness it's no longer needed.

shingo is soloing T5 with 2 mil toughness with the same setup.

pets tank a little, vault stuns @ no cost (regen more hatred then spent), more damage thru strong arms, and pet activation for wolf damage, hatred, slow, taunt, and damage.
Edited by hmk21#1716 on 4/22/2014 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:41 AMPosted by KingKalvin
how are you guys stacking defensive stats? Is it okay for a dh to have 400k hp? and keep armor and resists at 70% mitigation?

all res > armour > vitality
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 12:29 PMPosted by flyin9monkie
I think 450k - 500k health is a good place to be in terms of health pool. The rest of the defense should come from a good balance of armor and res all. With that, I find it T4 is pretty survivable with ~6-8 mil toughness.

Honestly, ignore armor.

Armor is basically 10:1 effectiveness vs resists. But, you can only max roll up to 500 or so armor on any given slot making it inferior to resists as an affix.

It should be the last defensive affix you get, when you already have a secondary resist or AR. Vit/Life % is superior as well since most of your healing will come from health globes anyways rather than LoH or Life Regen.
Edited by Weasel#1263 on 4/22/2014 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You need more toughness. 2m sheet toughness is definitely not enough to survive in t4+, simply because there are just plenty of stuff that you can't avoid/dodge. Jailer and the lightning storms come to mind. Once you get the toughness down, you need to have some form of reliable discipline regeneration, because there will just be some extra health/health link mobs that you simply cannot burst down.
Reply Quote
hmk21 is right, Danetta's is underrated for high torment. Everyone knows it's awesome for bounties and speed clearing but the free vault and CC from Rattling Roll are strong at any difficulty. Low on HP or hatred and there's a health globe in the middle of an elite pack? No problem, vault straight into them and vault back out without getting touched. The ability to safely grab health globes almost no matter where they land is invaluable by itself.

I'm probably not as efficient as hmk21 since I don't have the Marauder's 4 pc yet, but I can clear T5 rifts solo in about 15 minutes, T4 rifts in 10 minutes. There's not a lot of variance in the clear times since the free Vault minimizes the impact of low density maps. I typically run with about 4-5M toughness and I don't die at either difficulty except to exceptionally bad waller champion packs if I get trapped on top of a ground affix and I mistime my Vault i-frames.

Without the unity + immortal follower combo, I would probably die more often on T5 but I was doing T4 without deaths before I got the combo, at about the same speed.
Edited by Discobird#1370 on 4/22/2014 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How does Unity work?
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:10 PMPosted by KittyzOr
How does Unity work?

Wear a Unity on yourself and put another on a follower with a "Follower cannot die" legendary follower item. That token causes the follower to receive 0 damage, which means you get a free 50% damage reduction from the Unities without receiving any damage in return.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:13 PMPosted by Discobird
Wear a Unity on yourself and put another on a follower with a "Follower cannot die" legendary follower item. That token causes the follower to receive 0 damage, which means you get a free 50% damage reduction from the Unities without receiving any damage in return.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]