Diablo® III

How are you guys surviving t4 and above?

04/22/2014 03:13 PMPosted by Discobird
04/22/2014 03:10 PMPosted by KittyzOr
How does Unity work?

Wear a Unity on yourself and put another on a follower with a "Follower cannot die" legendary follower item. That token causes the follower to receive 0 damage, which means you get a free 50% damage reduction from the Unities without receiving any damage in return.

Wow.. that seems awesome! Now I need to find 2 unities lol
Reply Quote
The other awesome but (probably) bugged thing about it is that taking damage no longer removes the Pride's Fall buff, with few exceptions (frozen, grotesque explosions, some poison affixes maybe).
Reply Quote
I'm really mad. I salvaged two unitys with bad rolls early on. Haven't seen any since. I kind of hate abusing any overpowered combo like that though... I suspect that will get fixed eventually where it doesn't work with followers.
Reply Quote
Twitchy Smoke Screen and playing in duo with WD.
Reply Quote
Who says you need 7mill toughness to do T3+ you just need to not suck I think... Use skills like smokescreen or vault. Don't be in places you shouldn't be against certain packs.

I have !@#$ toughness and i never die in T3-4. My toughness is at 2.6 mill.
Reply Quote
I had a bit of trouble surviving until I switched to smoke screen alongside perfectionist as a passive. I don't have much trouble with around 5.8m toughness in game.
Edited by Chim#1476 on 4/22/2014 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Animus
04/22/2014 10:46 AMPosted by kaje

I can solo T4 just fine without dying with 5.4 mil. I don't even have to use boar or perfectionist.

I don't die on T6 using the setup in my profile with perfectionist, boar companion, and numbing traps. Try throwing those on and see if T4 doesn't become a lot more comfortable for you. Honestly, with good play you shouldn't need more than 3.5m toughness for T4, don't let people fool you with that 7+ crap.

I don't think I need any more defense for T4 really. With Sharpshooter giving me a high chance of getting Ambush to crit, I can one shot most white mobs. If I have Harrington up, my first couple of shots on Elites is pretty devastating. Then I just RoV - Flying Strike to hold them in place while I finish them off. If they're still alive, I just stutter step and kite until they're not.

Just tried T5 for the first time and got through it without dying. I did switch Wolf to Boar for a little more comfort though. Time for T6.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 01:37 PMPosted by hmk21
04/22/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Wolfswift
How is the Danetta's set helping you in T5?

i had a post on this yesterday.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12584228585

It's easy mode with Danetta's set. Although I have 7mil in game toughness it's no longer needed.

shingo is soloing T5 with 2 mil toughness with the same setup.

pets tank a little, vault stuns @ no cost (regen more hatred then spent), more damage thru strong arms, and pet activation for wolf damage, hatred, slow, taunt, and damage.
I concur with my clan mate. Game on hmk.. Be on in a couple.
Reply Quote
- Elite/melee/ranged damage also helps a lot for higher torments. Eye of Etlich and String of Ears are extremely helpful with problematic affixes like Thunderstorm and Frozen.
Reply Quote
^I'm a huge fan of String of Ears, if that thread by Kirus way back was correct about which affixes deal 'melee' damage and which deal 'ranged' damage, it just so happens that most of the problematic affixes that are undodgable for us are considered 'melee' when dealing damage, which is good if you are wearing that belt.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Merlin
I'm really mad. I salvaged two unitys with bad rolls early on. Haven't seen any since. I kind of hate abusing any overpowered combo like that though... I suspect that will get fixed eventually where it doesn't work with followers.

Same thing happened to me. Found two and FS'd them.

Eventually, I think the Unity damage reduction will get brought down to make it work in the same way that +%magic find and +%gold find work on followers now.
Reply Quote
There is absolutely no way that anyone is doing t4 or t5 efficiently with 2m in game toughness unless you're cheesing with unity. There are just too much crap that is unavoidable, jailer, thunderstorm, mortar, etc, that will 1-shot you with that much toughness, for you to be doing that efficiently. And it isn't like toughness is all that difficult to get. I'm sitting at 9.5 million in game toughness, and that lets me do t5 pretty respectably. I didn't sacrifice much dps for it.
Edited by Lucidity#1679 on 4/22/2014 7:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Scoot
Who says you need 7mill toughness to do T3+ you just need to not suck I think... Use skills like smokescreen or vault. Don't be in places you shouldn't be against certain packs.

Buuuuuut d00000000d I need to plow through my rifts and ignore positioning and resource management entirely. Regardless of affixes I should just annihilate through every elite pack like any other.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Scoot

Looks to me like you're only speaking about favorable rifts.

I bet you'd die to the first Ghost pack that sucks the life out of you, the moment your back is turned to target multishot at another set of Ghost. Or the first Anarch group that bunches up with charges and leaves fire DoTs all over the ground on a pandemonium map. Or, Oppressors charging you from offscreen.

Add me and come run with me and my groups on T4+, I guarantee I rez you. If not, then good.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 4/22/2014 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^

That's actually one of the reasons I really like rifts as an endgame activity. Back at T6 (60) people could pick their fights by hanging out in A1 cathedral or doing Rumford runs or something and fight nothing but easy zombies.

With the randomization of mobs in rifts, getting one full of angels or gloams really tests your setup in the worst possible situations which I think is a really good thing.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 4/22/2014 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A lot of vaulting. I still die but with those shoulders it isn't a big deal. I don't die that often though, it's only when I run out of disc.
Reply Quote
Kill the mobs before they can attack you. I cruise through T4 right now with my gear killing champs packs before they can really organize and start causing chaos. T5, kiting. You can't stand around and faceroll like lower torments. Learn to Smoke Screen, circle around champ packs to keep them bunched up while damaging them, and actually watch the environment and whats around you. See Mortars coming, peek around a corner, Arcane Sentry dropped on ground, move outside the radius preemptively.

Haven't ventured into T6 many times because its not efficient for me yet.
Reply Quote
Marauders + Garwulf + Sentrys i can do T5.
Reply Quote
Try getting another aughild's piece for your shoulder. I think losing 500 dex set bonus by breaking up the 2 piece marauder bonus is worth getting the 2 and 3 piece aughild's set bonuses. I don't use perfectionist and I use the wolf pet, and I won't die unless I get a very difficult elite pack or don't pay attention to those charging attacks by big bull mobs.

I have 460k hp and 525 AR from items, and survivability is not really a problem with a smart use of vault and smoke screen with the healing vapor rune. I would give up about 50k hp for more AR up to about 700 if I could. If you have any other belt, I would go with one with dex, vit, AR, % life over hellcat. Oh the templar is very helpful for being a meat shield and he also heals, stuns, and provides life regen. Gear him up with life, life %, and AR.

For me personally, I was surprised at how effective the 2h crossbow + quiver combination was after dual-wielding with 500% chd. My sheet dps went down a lot, but i can clear t4 rifts with 2h crossbow + quiver just as fast as I can clear t3 rifts dual-wielding. Maybe it's the buriza's pierce + entangling shot + cull the weak combination. I also noticed that I'm spending less time using hatred generators because I can't spam CA as often. Also offensively, I think you should aim for at least 40 to 45% crit chance without any crit buff.

So in short, aim for 1 more aughild's piece (shoulder with dex, vit, AR, recourse reduction), try the type of belt I suggested, 350 to 400k hp, 500 to 600 AR, 40-45% crit chance (your soj is a good start). Also try different weapons/quivers and passives.
Reply Quote
Marauders + aughild + SOJ +Ring of Royal Grandeur + Haunt of Vaxo + Reapers + ThunderGod Vigor + Stun Build helps me survive T6. (I have pets and

I'm sure if I can get better 1H weapons that I will camp more permanently in T6, but the calamity and nat 1h still avoid me...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]