Diablo® III

What did you do to my Blade of Prophecy?

I've had BoP for a couple of weeks and I got back on last night and ran some bounties and rifts and didn't notice a difference.

The tooltip DOES suggest that anything in the 15 yard radius of Condemn will cast its own, however, which would suggest in a crowded room an absurd amount of Condemn explosions, which WOULD be insanely overpowered. In a crowded rift, 1160% weapon damage explosions across an entire room would be madness.

The weapon works the way it has, it just needs clarification on the tooltip.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 08:31 AMPosted by arrykjaq
overpowered.

The newest buzzword Casual Johnny is fond of.
Edited by coMpulsive#1971 on 4/21/2014 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
04/21/2014 08:06 AMPosted by Zeik
If BoP had ACTUALLY done what it's tooltip said, it would be so stupidly over powered.

I got BoP about two weeks or so ago and I can tell you it has only ever triggered 2 explosions.

"There's no such thing as too much power"

Quoth the Blizzard, "Nevermind"
Reply Quote
Awaiting word on this.
Reply Quote
At the moment they nerf SoH, I first thought it was just lag.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Alright, folks. Here's the follow up:

• Blade of Prophecy currently only procs two extra explosions of Condemn, regardless of how many targets are Condemned while the weapon is equipped.
  • This is intended functionality of the weapon, and has been since it was implemented. (This is really what I wanted to confirm.)
  • No changes have been made to Blade of Prophecy since RoS shipped, and no known bugs are currently active with the weapon.

Just as an FYI, I've already passed along the feedback regarding BoP's tooltip and the relevant secondary affix being somewhat misleading/confusing. :)
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 01:44 PMPosted by Lylirra

Blade of Prophecy currently only procs two extra explosions of Condemn, regardless of how many targets are Condemned while the weapon is equipped.
This is intended functionality of the weapon, and has been since it was implemented. (This is really what I wanted to confirm.)
No changes have been made to Blade of Prophecy since RoS shipped, and no known bugs are currently active with the weapon.

Just as an FYI, I've already passed along the feedback regarding BoP's tooltip and the relevant secondary affix being somewhat misleading/confusing. :)

Making accurate tooltips would be nice...
Reply Quote
good thing i dont have a blade of prophecy
how many will quit today?
Reply Quote

Blade of Prophecy currently only procs two extra explosions of Condemn, regardless of how many targets are Condemned while the weapon is equipped.
This is intended functionality of the weapon, and has been since it was implemented. (This is really what I wanted to confirm.)
No changes have been made to Blade of Prophecy since RoS shipped, and no known bugs are currently active with the weapon.

Do you get paid a lot? i hope you get paid a lot. Being the messenger for blizzard must suck, especially when the message is a huge cop out like this one.
Reply Quote
I have lost our faith.

Fixed! Gosh, people not able to adapt.
Edited by Kambien#1269 on 4/21/2014 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

• Blade of Prophecy currently only procs two extra explosions of Condemn, regardless of how many targets are Condemned while the weapon is equipped.
  • This is intended functionality of the weapon, and has been since it was implemented. (This is really what I wanted to confirm.)
  • No changes have been made to Blade of Prophecy since RoS shipped, and no known bugs are currently active with the weapon.

No changes have been made to the weapon? Yes they have... It used to cause all enemies to proc an explosion, why do you think this thread was created in the first place. More importantly, why does Blizzard always feel the need to try and cover up their stealth nerfs instead of just admitting that they nerfed something?

There are plenty of youtube videos of the Blade of Prophesy completely destroying entire screens of enemies where you can clearly see that there are MANY more than 2 explosions going off.

The weapon was clearly changed.
Reply Quote
This whole story turned out to be a holy crap. Actually the weapon Sky Warden also has bug in it. It never triggers a random Law every 60 sec as the tooptip says. Blizz, please don't say it when you don't mean it!
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 01:57 PMPosted by Pekerchu
good thing i dont have a blade of prophecy
how many will quit today?

Over 9,000!!!
Reply Quote
Re-quoting this, since people apparently only read the first post of the thread and then the latest blue posts. Please don't call the CMs liars or establish conspiracy theories when there is evidence to the contrary. It's rude.

BoP wasn't stealth nerfed. It's acting the same way is has for weeks. You're only JUST NOW noticing that it only explodes two extra times.

Proof:

Video was uploaded April 8th. Only two additional explosions ever happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7oF5wmTp5Y

Video was uploaded April 6th. Only two additional explosions ever happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Shc32Vjlo

Video was uploaded April 1st. Only two additional explosions ever happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvH3Z79dNA
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 02:20 PMPosted by YNDI
Re-quoting this, since people apparently only read the first post of the thread and then the latest blue posts. Please don't call the CMs liars or establish conspiracy theories when there is evidence to the contrary. It's rude.

[quote]BoP wasn't stealth nerfed. It's acting the same way is has for weeks. You're only JUST NOW noticing that it only explodes two extra times.

Proof:

Video was uploaded April 8th. Only two additional explosions ever happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7oF5wmTp5Y

Video was uploaded April 6th. Only two additional explosions ever happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Shc32Vjlo

Video was uploaded April 1st. Only two additional explosions ever happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvH3Z79dNA

Really?

Then why in this video:
http://youtu.be/u2zmM_GcEew?t=1m35s

Does it spark 4 explosions?

More lies from lielierra.

Can you tell us that we don't know the definition of words like "intended" or "no changes" next?
Edited by ShoknAwe#1176 on 4/21/2014 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Toad
There are plenty of youtube videos of the Blade of Prophesy completely destroying entire screens of enemies where you can clearly see that there are MANY more than 2 explosions going off.

Can you please link a few of these for reference?
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Gorganis
04/21/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Toad

Can you please link a few of these for reference?

Of course he won't be able to :)
Reply Quote
This is intended functionality of the weapon, and has been since it was implemented.

Looks at tooltip, looks at this statement.

Big explosions in brain at the cognitive dissonance.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Apathy
Really?

Then why in this video:
http://youtu.be/u2zmM_GcEew?t=1m35s

Does it spark 4 explosions?

I only see two additional explosions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]