Diablo® III

The Immortal Earth Build!!!

**This build is very very Item dependent (like all good builds should be in a loot hunt game, there is no one trick broken weapon proc all gear fits together and has synergies to a super rewarding payoff)**

I like to call this build The Immortal Earth!!!! (explanation marks are part of the name).

The build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#eXjkRT!gijZ!ZYabcY

The Gear Needed
3 (non overlapping) pieces of both IK and Earth sets (both 4 piece bonuses needed)
1 Royal Ring of grandeur
1 lut Socks
1 Strongarm Bracers

Stat Priority
Strength
%fire damage, %EQ skill damage, %Crit chance & Damage, % Elite Damage
Cooldown reduction (not tested but why not?)

Note: You can make up defenses by runes/passives or by gemming AR (if needed I play normal so I go glass cannon style).

Explanation
Keep up battlerage and warcry - DUH!
Leap * 3 into a pack to fill up Fury and stack your EQ damage, pop EQ if its off cooldown, use SS to kb enemies (which thanks to strongarm bracers makes them take 30% more damage from the 4 stacks of EQ).
Note thanks to IKs innate life per fury spent healing is usually enough to sustain you by dumping fury into SS without needed bloodthirst.

Flexibility and variation
Due to my glass cannon style I have had to wind back the damage on a few passives and runes, I use the stun rune on Leap (which allows me to get off all my EQs safely before I can spend fury for healing, where as before I would go splat), it translates to less mob density but a safer (less death) play.

I also use the together as one rune on the ancients to split damage with them and further increase my survivability, since most damage is comminig from EQ and these guys are a novelty to tank/have a posse.

Thanks for reading. I am looking forward to anyone who can help improve this or suggest other gear choices to shift in or just generally give feedback of any kind (EQ set GG you suck not withstanding).
Reply Quote
Yay...the build that every barb in the world is targeting get's showcased. :]
Reply Quote
Everyone already knows about this build, its from alkaizer.
Reply Quote
lol I'm pretty sure Alkaizer doesn't use the IK set in his build.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:01 PMPosted by TupacShakur

Who or what is alkaizer... also link to the profile?

04/21/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Pri
Yay...the build that every barb in the world is targeting get's showcased. :]

Well I am writing it up first so I get to name it, godamit. It shall hereafter be called "The Immortal Earth!!!" build (explanation marks needed when referencing the build).

Why do you believe "every barb in the world is targeting it? I have seen a few builds focused on leap/EQ specifically with %fire damage offpieces, There is probably a conversation worth having about supporting an earth set with %fire damage off pieces resulting in more throughput but I like the flexibility and aesthetics of having ancients. I think it allows you to tune your gear to the situation better (though many would see this as doing it wrong by lowering your efficiency).

Also if anyone is worried about blizzard nerfing this build this is not a single broken piece of gear that elevates you above content you should otherwise be doing (cough SOH). This build requires a full set of end game items and is extremely RNGish.

I was very very very lucky to see the pieces I got and only managed it by 4 barb farming torment 4 to share drops. This probably says more about the current state of the game and how we acquire gear, but I had allot of fun hunting down this build and feel it is exactly what a DIABLO game should be an item hunt.

Happy Hunting Barbs

TL;DR
The journey to getting this setup felt like a true DIABLO game and was a thrill and fun to do. At the moment the most efficient way to farm is to stack all one class and share duplicate drops between those present. I hope this gets addressed in 2.1 to make it equally beneficial to allow cross class groups.
Reply Quote
lol what is this
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
One trick pony? What do you think every T6 fast clear barb is now? It's a one trick pony build. Shard at least brought another trick to T5+.

I like to stay on the ground, I am not a hip scotch bambi.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Meh, don't like the SS synergy, at least with that rune. Grouping and planting EQ only to then knock them out of it? Tried it, hated it.

Frankly the standard WW build works fine. HotA is OK too, but the mobility from WW makes it a winner.

All this build "adds" is the IK set. It's as if you do not realize that pulling abilities count as knock-backs... so Leap w/ Arreat is already giving you the Strongarm bonus. I personally use Iron Impact and Ground Stomp (Wrenching Smash) for the extra toughness and CC, and to get the SA bonus.

You did nail one thing, ruthless. IMO it is the best damage passive for EQ builds. The ticking/DoT nature of EQ makes it really really fit.
Edited by Fang#1614 on 4/21/2014 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 08:21 PMPosted by Fangthorn
It's as if you do not realize that pulling abilities count as knock-backs

Did not realize this. Thank you.

I initiailly had COA rune on leap but I tended to go splat very quickly (before even getting off the 3rd leap) in some situations, no issues since changing the rune of ancients and leap rune.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Icetomeetu
One trick pony? What do you think every T6 fast clear barb is now? It's a one trick pony build. Shard at least brought another trick to T5+.

I like to stay on the ground, I am not a hip scotch bambi

This made me laugh and realize that barbarian's gameplay has 'evolved' from a ballerina to a hopping bunny.

wow such savage much strength ^ ^
Reply Quote
Hey Skar, have you started that communility/clan so we can get all the barbs together to farm those items, you can imagine 4 barbs, 12 Ancients and 16 earth quakes in one area...

Now that is something I'd like to see.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:13 PMPosted by Eduw
This made me laugh and realize that barbarian's gameplay has 'evolved' from a ballerina to a hopping bunny.

My guess is you are unfamiliar with a certain superhero know as The Tick.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
04/21/2014 09:13 PMPosted by Eduw
04/21/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Icetomeetu

I like to stay on the ground, I am not a hip scotch bambi

Actually the build is well balanced, I personally rotate between leaps, WW, ground-stomps, and shouts. Depending on torment level there may be HoTA and Avalanche, along with other abilities like.

Did you even play D2? Was my teleporting wizard/ballerina barb supposedly "manly"?
Edited by Fang#1614 on 4/21/2014 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:19 PMPosted by cluc
Hey Skar, have you started that communility/clan so we can get all the barbs together to farm those items, you can imagine 4 barbs, 12 Ancients and 16 earth quakes in one area...

I would like to join the community, too. It's not a bad idea to give the similar item to what we have (with worse stats) to another character while hunting together
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 09:19 PMPosted by cluc

04/21/2014 09:26 PMPosted by BulKathos
I would like to join the community, too. It's not a bad idea to give the similar item to what we have (with worse stats) to another character while hunting together

Yes I did start it, BarbarianLootShare, I'll check the settings when i get home but I think I set it to public and anyone can join but so far I'm the only member so maybe I messed it up.

I found and befriended a few fellow barbs last weekend, which is actually how I managed to finish off these sets (lotta t4 rifting, I otherwise would not have had access to). We had a 7 barb party going 4 barbs (+3 ancients). With two of us having EQ sets very fast clears (depending on density).

General protocol is just to link legendarys you don't mind parting with at the end of the rift then just ask whoever for it. While not mandatory, it is also nice for "lesser geared" barbs to use rift fragments and focus on control (grouping/stunning mobs under EQ) but all in all things move so fast it doesn't really matter too much.

I am notoriously bad for ignoring chat, I am usually on vent or listening to music drifting in and out of the serene demon killing euphoria that is ROS, so if anyone wants to run the community or officer status more than happy to let slide it over..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-M58j-vzIo << makes Rifting much more intense too.
Edited by Skar#1570 on 4/21/2014 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep, this was my personal end goal.

Permanent COTA army with earthquake leap. yeyeyeye

I just need the IK belt.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:16 PMPosted by Genome

I just need the IK belt.

I would like the IK pants so I can run DW, but I am not sure if they would be better or worse for my EQ, extra stats are nice but lower damage range.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:21 PMPosted by Skar
04/21/2014 10:16 PMPosted by Genome

I just need the IK belt.

I would like the IK pants so I can run DW, but I am not sure if they would be better or worse for my EQ, extra stats are nice but lower damage range.

Unless they changed it, IK has no pants
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:29 PMPosted by Genome
Unless they changed it, IK has no pants

That explains why I am having sooo much trouble finding them.

Perhaps I require Earth pants and an IK helm.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:01 PMPosted by TupacShakur

Alkaizer was using Leap - Call of Arreat to benefit from Strongarms, NOT Seismic Slam
and he wasn't using IK
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]