Diablo® III

The Immortal Earth Build!!!

04/21/2014 10:36 PMPosted by BigPimpin
Alkaizer was using Leap - Call of Arreat to benefit from Strongarms, NOT Seismic Slam
and he wasn't using IK

I tried that, but the damage was too much to live through while getting the 4 EQs off... I don't know if its latency related or just general lack of toughness but mobs could burst me down while setting up my EQs. Also I lack healing until I start spending fury which is why I feel stun is a safer approach.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I mentioned it, but yeah, iron impact works well. You can then use ground-stomp/wrenching to add some CC during the leaps, gather them in the EQ stack, and it activates strongarm.

I also have used death from above with the ground-stomp routine above, both are nice, and have advantages/disadvantages depending on density, affixes and elite type.
Edited by Fang#1614 on 4/21/2014 10:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:01 PMPosted by TupacShakur
Everyone already knows about this build, its from alkaizer.

xD yea cuz alkaizer thought it up all on his own.

D3's items aren't creative enough for ppl to "invent" builds.

Might of the Earth set tells exactly what it does in the Set Bonus... Blizzard gets credit for inventing the build no one else did it
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:54 PMPosted by Fangthorn
I mentioned it, but yeah, iron impact works well. You can then use ground-stomp/wrenching to add some CC during the leaps, gather them in the EQ stack, and it activates strongarm.

I also have used death from above with the ground-stomp routine above, both are nice, and have advantages/disadvantages depending on density, affixes and elite type.

I did see that and thought it was a great idea. My problem is going to be trying to fit another skill in the build (with ancients, EQ, 2 shouts, Leap and a fury spender) and without having tested it I didn't want to comment on it.

Potentially I could drop warcry but would really want another barb in the party to provide it.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:02 PMPosted by Paz
xD yea cuz alkaizer thought it up all on his own.

D3's items aren't creative enough for ppl to "invent" builds.

Might of the Earth set tells exactly what it does in the Set Bonus... Blizzard gets credit for inventing the build no one else did it

Occasionally things fall through the cracks and builds become far more powerful than intended, like a certain bugged legendary proc recently or items interact with skills or get used in ways not envisaged.

In this case though I agree the Royal ring and set bonuses fit together too well to be co-incidence and are obviously tailored to be THE penultimate.

I still like th (derivative) name The Immortal Earth.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Pri
Yay...the build that every barb in the world is targeting get's showcased. :]

lol.

lol.
Reply Quote
Cheers mate, will join and add you tonight...

I really want to walk around and go BOOM, eat this Maltheal.
Reply Quote
Grats on the build (equipment) - Thats the set(s) Id like to shoot for also; or the raekor/ik. Mainly solo so getting the last parts Im finding it challenging.

Being a HC barb I find the ancients invaluable. I tend to go with the fire rune since finding my cindercoat.

As far as the boulder breaker ... duel wield nets me more toughness and dps - but I can see the need to use it as far as sets go.

Was just posted they are going to change around the elements and barb skills - wonder what they will do.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:03 AMPosted by djxput
Was just posted they are going to change around the elements and barb skills - wonder what they will do.

I think the problem is almost every "extra damage" rune is fire, overpower revel, HOTA Smash, EQ Molten... it all is fire.

They should make all the elements do relatively equal damage but in different ways, fire could be stacking dot, lightning multi-hit and cold cirt damage aka (shatter) or something along those lines.
Reply Quote
This build was theorised within a day or two of the new ROS items going public.There's been a few "writeups" in these very forums, all usually prefixed with "omg gaiz I just thought of this amazing idea nobody else has thought of yet...".
Reply Quote
I found that the Ancients, while having decent single target damage dealing, didn't do much when using the leap/EQ build. They were lagging behind and hitting single mobs all the time.

I stopped using it after one run and went back to my old gear with more cooldown reduction.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 03:32 AMPosted by Freudian
I found that the Ancients, while having decent single target damage dealing, didn't do much when using the leap/EQ build. They were lagging behind and hitting single mobs all the time.

I stopped using it after one run and went back to my old gear with more cooldown reduction.

CDR would be very powerful... probably more so then using ancients. I tend to use ancients for the survivability, split damage with them and for the fact they look really badass.

I normally do T4, absolutely no problems they stay alive all rift and make sure things go smooth.
I just did a T5, had a few ancients die a couple times and I myself got popped a few times but all in all I think I need that suriviability... with that said if I could get leap down to 7-8 seconds I think it would be preferential.
Reply Quote

alkaizer was still using Shard+WW when this build first started getting pub weeks ago, sorry. He only moved to it after Shard was nerfed.
Reply Quote
Congrats for listing the two sets every barb everywhere are farming for.
Reply Quote
@Skar ... nice thread ... I've been experimenting with a variation of this Earth/IK configuration ... so far, it is a lot of fun ... combining fire with lightning till I can go full fire.

I'm using Leap/Call of Arreat to pull enemies in for the 2nd/3rd leap

The IK 3-piece set bonus equivalent to Unforgiving keeps Fury at max so using Berserker Rage can get an additional 25% damage.

Currently using a Fire/Lightning elemental hybrid (Earthquake/TF/Shard) since I'm waiting for a Sankis Axe to drop and it seems to work well ... providing SoH 100% proc on Weapon Throw and a little less on Frenzy for close and long range, 3x earthquake for melting crowds, and WW and WotB to get out of sticky freeze/arcane/molten situations.

Still need to upgrade my lvl60 Lut Socks (but they work just fine) ... and find an IK helm for the 4-set bonus lost by swapping the IK Stride w/Lut Socks ... or IK irons / Earth Helm combo. Also, a Maximus with this build is a lot of fun ... attack speed is slower and sheet dps is lower than DW, but that fire chain and elemental bonus makes up for it.
Edited by Graveheart#1876 on 4/26/2014 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]