Diablo® III

Exploring the Multishot!

Yeah cluster with cindercoat and magefist and all is pretty neat, being able to wipe out most things easily.

Looking to explore other viable options as well, how would Multishot do in t3-4?

Since i have an alt DH, looking to spec the dude to abuse Multishot to the maximum potential. Physical is the way to go?

Fire at Will for Lightning, Arsenal for Rocket Builds and Full Broadside is Physical?
Reply Quote
Check my 2nd DH in my profile (the non CA one). Def a faster/better low torment farmer than CA. Also mauls bounties with just action shot + Danetta's.
Reply Quote
Hello Smalore,

I think MS is a beast of a skill. Right now I use Arsenal with Spitfire Sentries and can down elites pretty fast on T3.

You should also explore the Suppression Fire/Punishment loop.

GLHF
Reply Quote
Yeah ive used the supression fire and punishment loop on normals and its fine.

Couldnt stack enough dmg and also bonuses to do t3 onwards efficiently.

Will stacking physical %dmg be helpful? Gonna try a heavy cost reduction and physical build to try :)
Reply Quote
I don't think you need to go heavy on the cost reduction. Just get 10-20% and use perfectionist.
Reply Quote
Hi.
I use a multishot build pretty decent to farm gold.
http://www.twitch.tv/inouext/b/522028996
On 1vs1 mobs its not so good, but for larger groups its ok.
Sry about the video quality.
Reply Quote
Yeah maybe throw in a single target skill for taking out elite champ or guardians?

I tried multishotting a elite champ on t3 before and it took a while.

Consider rapidfire/sentry/cluster?
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 12:15 AMPosted by Smalore
Yeah maybe throw in a single target skill for taking out elite champ or guardians?

I tried multishotting a elite champ on t3 before and it took a while.

Consider rapidfire/sentry/cluster?

I have something I want you to try: Entangling Shot, MS-Fire at Will, Spike Trap - Lightning Rod, and one of the following three skills: MfD, RoV - Shade, or Wolf.

I view Lightning Rod's mechanics to be well suited for downing elite packs. The goal of this build wpuld be to get the STs placed, keep the mobs snared and position your DH via vault and stepping such that the elites are forced to activate your traps, all the while hitting them with ES and MS.
Reply Quote
I've been running MS Fire at Will with CA DA for awhile now. Pair it with Shock Collar and RoV Shade, and it's a very solid build.

Additionally, MS is excellent in combination with the MfD from a Calamity. Everything gets marked, immediately. Your team mates will love you.
Reply Quote
Avid MS user here. It's my favourite move. Check out my setup in my profile
Reply Quote
MS mathematically doesn't actually seem worse than CA by that much really. Ignoring elemental dmg for the moment, it is only 12.5% worse damage per hatred cost than cluster when 1 on 1ing a target, and in comparison you get a much, much larger AoE.

Rapidfire is by far the most efficient damage for hatred spender, but obviously only hits one target at a time and is just simply less dps than cluster and multi. If you had a Kridershot and used frost arrows for your generator and rapidfire for your spender, you would have a pretty crazy combo of AoE vs. single target that would be infinitely sustainable during Vengeance.
Edited by Raven#1453 on 4/22/2014 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MS mathematically doesn't actually seem worse than Cluster by that much really. Ignoring elemental dmg for the moment, it is only 12.5% worse damage per hatred cost than cluster when 1 on 1ing a target, and in comparison you get a much, much larger AoE.

Rapidfire is by far the most efficient damage for hatred spender, but obviously only hits one target at a time. If you had a Kridershot and used frost arrows for your generator and rapidfire for your spender, you would have a pretty crazy combo of AoE vs. single target.

Yup.

Realistically, when encountering 2 or more enemies in space (not clumped together) spamming MS will net greater results than spamming CA.

Unless of course, you're godlike, and can throw out 30 or more LfB CA's that crit for 30 to 40m a piece.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Tropicalypso
MS mathematically doesn't actually seem worse than Cluster by that much really. Ignoring elemental dmg for the moment, it is only 12.5% worse damage per hatred cost than cluster when 1 on 1ing a target, and in comparison you get a much, much larger AoE.

Rapidfire is by far the most efficient damage for hatred spender, but obviously only hits one target at a time. If you had a Kridershot and used frost arrows for your generator and rapidfire for your spender, you would have a pretty crazy combo of AoE vs. single target.

Yup.

Realistically, when encountering 2 or more enemies in space (not clumped together) spamming MS will net greater results than spamming CA.

Unless of course, you're godlike, and can throw out 30 or more LfB CA's that crit for 30 to 40m a piece.

I'll have to try MS when I get home from work tonight, in theory it shouldn't be much worse, but in reality, CA is usually able to hit a whole clumped champ pack anyway, which would defeat the point of the AoE gained with MS. We'll have to see. Rapid fire should really have higher dps rune rockets and base damage for what it is and I think would be the worse choice out of the three unless you really care about sustained.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 10:09 AMPosted by Raven
MS mathematically doesn't actually seem worse than CA by that much really. Ignoring elemental dmg for the moment, it is only 12.5% worse damage per hatred cost than cluster when 1 on 1ing a target, and in comparison you get a much, much larger AoE.

How did you come to that number? I might just be ignorant but it doesn't seem like targets ever get hit by more than one rocket from Arsenal, whereas they will often get hit by two or more grenades from CA:LFB (or all 4 if they're big enough).
Edited by Discobird#1370 on 4/22/2014 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I use suppression fire rune and punishment combo with pets and sentries for my T5/6 clears. Multishot is a great spender with a lot of applications.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]