Diablo® III

Barbarians with ethics

Hi all, I wrote these after seeing a few topic regarding how leap EQ need to be put down.
I seriously feel that barbarians players are people with great ethics, I RESPECT.

I always check out on forums and stream to see how my class can be improve and where's my direction to head to.... as to reach the end game.
Back in D3 days, I checked out on different forums and barb got the most whine/quitters/cries about their classes and surprisingly people still plays it and the barb players OF CUZ knew / complain other classes are stronger but they DO NOT go asking for nerfs on others so their class can be appear to be stronger. Back then, with auction hall, spending the same amount of money on different classes, you will see other classes easily excel better than barb with less money spent (YES, I talk about spending money back then, this is a plain comparison to show how gear dependent of each class). I do not have alot of time to play cuz I am a working adult, so back then I experience for barb is a tank dog, run faster then dpsers but stuck and mobs where they took years to kill, waiting for their masters (Wiz/DH) to arrive and kill. When there's Desecrator, Molten etc, you will see the dogs running around on hot pans while monks are relaxing on their ground.. When barb want to pull all mob together to let their masters kill easier, they realise they got CD for crowd control while monk can gather mobs without a sweat. Yes, monks is a dex class, that can be a frontline better than barb. How sad, but I see barb players remain calm with ethics hoping one day they can see the light...

Now in ROS, EQ set is fun. Real fun. I would say Barb has seen the light. Blizz did change a new life for us. SOH was fun but cuz it benefits barb more than other classes... and cuz its a 1 drop = god item... others called for a nerf, Barb players sad. Now back to EQ set, its not a "fix farming" loot so some barb players will never get a full set if their luck were down so bad. The requirement is a 3piece with Grand ring. It's not like a easy task to get and also not as if 1 drop = god . You will still need other items to make it happen. With EQ now, it makes barb not a tank dog, we become leads. Dpsers follow us and also like us cuz we do good at gathering mob now. I know barb with EQ will excel some classes, but don't be blind on the other side where you can do something which we can't AND YOU ALL USE TO BE BETTER CLASSES.

At least now we feel barb are more of a muscle man/women rather than soft meatballs.

My conclusion is this is no PVP game, and us being buffed to jump into mobs for the team will also give the team advantage... I see these complains as plain jealously, if so, then I suggest these people to play the BEST class every nerf/buff so you will always feel good. There's always end game players streaming, and if you feel you suck in your class then go watch some pro players and improve.

Improvement is a important factor for life

Why not ask to buff your own class to let your favorite class be of your expectation?
Why make the fuss over who is OP in a non-pvp ground?
Why complain to nerf barb to make you look better?
Why don't you play barb too?

I apologies for my bad English and Grammar cuz I do not have time to scan thru what I wrote, I've better things to do than creating topics to nerf other classes...

For whiners - Pls don't reply to this topic, it just show how much jealousy in you.

My fellow barbs - SOH is history, incoming EQ? Time to say your view.
Edited by Chaz#1673 on 4/21/2014 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It comes down to this: the people who ask for nerfs for any class they don't play, are the ones who are delusional and think D3 is some hardcore competitive game. It's not even limited to this earthquake set.

In reality, the game is almost completely single player focused, to the point where you can't even trade most items anymore. No competition, just players all progressing at their own leisurely pace. This is also why I think people who brag about gear on forums are stupid.

Yet the whiners don't get this. They write essays on the forums asking for nerfs. How many posts do you see from these people asking for buffs to a class they think is underpowered (besides their own)? None.

If D3 was a 100% offline, single player only game with no multiplayer component, these people would probably still continue to beg for nerfs, because someone somewhere is doing "too much damage" with x skill / item / class. They wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
Edited by Genome#1182 on 4/21/2014 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sharing, observing and partaking in potential builds with the community is an aspect that I enjoy about the game. Not sure if your observation is peculiar to the barb forums but having only played the class since the launch of D3V, I can say that the community overall is helpful.

Been through good time and bad times with the class. Even when outlook was bleak at ROS launching I was confidant that there would be workarounds to make the class work well.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:38 PMPosted by DAKKON
Sharing, observing and partaking in potential builds with the community is an aspect that I enjoy about the game. Not sure if your observation is peculiar to the barb forums but having only played the class since the launch of D3V, I can say that the community overall is helpful.

Been through good time and bad times with the class. Even when outlook was bleak at ROS launching I was confidant that there would be workarounds to make the class work well.

Other class communities when their class is weak:

"Omg blizz this class is weak, buff my class, nerf other classes."

Other class communities when their class is strong:

Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 4/21/2014 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The Earthquake set is weaksauce compared to the Furious Charge set.

Oh and both barb sets, period, are weaksauce compared to the other Class Sets.

Tals + Vyrs wiz > EQ/Charge barbs

Jade Harvest WD > EQ/Charge barbs

dare I even say Marauder DH > EQ/Charge Barbs

Our "Super Sets" merely allow us to keep up.
Reply Quote

That's some really strong stuff you're smoking.

Mind sending me some?
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 4/21/2014 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/21/2014 10:02 PMPosted by Genome
It comes down to this: the people who ask for nerfs for any class they don't play, are the ones who are delusional and think D3 is some hardcore competitive game. It's not even limited to this earthquake set.

In reality, the game is almost completely single player focused, to the point where you can't even trade most items anymore. No competition, just players all progressing at their own leisurely pace. This is also why I think people who brag about gear on forums are stupid.

Yet the whiners don't get this. They write essays on the forums asking for nerfs. How many posts do you see from these people asking for buffs to a class they think is underpowered (besides their own)? None.

All of this. As of 10 years ago, the word nerf was almost non-existant. Now you can buy a new game, view the forums, and straight away you'll see nerf posts from people who can't play well. Either embrace it, play another class, or quit the game. I'm happy with endgame setups, they _typically_ take hundreds of hours to get.
Edited by Tagre#1239 on 4/21/2014 10:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:02 PMPosted by Genome
If D3 was a 100% offline, single player only game with no multiplayer component, these people would probably still continue to beg for nerfs, because someone somewhere is doing "too much damage" with x skill / item / class. They wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

They would probably use cracks, cheats and item mods to overpower there characters break game balance and think its the games fault for being broken, then move on. Thats what is missing in the online landscape. Blizzard can control that server side to prevent cheating\modding, so these guys have no choice but to QQ endlessly.

honestly before I encountered blizzard games, I had no concept of an "end game". You buy a game you play it, finish it maybe play it a few more times and then sit it on a shelf. Its very much a modern day thing to expect an "end game" or an endless cycle for a game.

#showingmyage
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/21/2014 10:56 PMPosted by Uberjager

Mind sending me some?

Your barb appears to be mostly abandoned and trash geared on your profile, so, are you one of those twitch/youtube balancers?

I would have expected such a renowned theorycrafter as yourself would have at least tried the sets before commenting.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:51 PMPosted by Uberjager
Other class communities when their class is weak:

Other class communities when their class is strong:

Haha, this is very true. To be frank, it never really bothered me how fast other classes can clear since I was mainly just concerned about my own clear speed.

Many of my clan members rerolled to the back then FOTM Wizards when 2.01 was launch. Now they are on to WD's!
Reply Quote
LOL yes 2 leading members of my clans have power leveled witch doctors. one of them already has 2x pieces of Jade
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 10:54 PMPosted by Paz

I play with a Monk friend and I agree. Monk sets really REALLY need a major buff.

Invoker set should be reclassified a crusader set and incorporate more class skills into it, like

2 piece iron skin has steel skin rune
4 reduces iron skin cooldown to 10 seconds..
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:02 PMPosted by Fangthorn
04/21/2014 10:56 PMPosted by Uberjager

Mind sending me some?

Your barb appears to be mostly abandoned and trash geared on your profile, so, are you one of those twitch/youtube balancers?

I would have expected such a renowned theorycrafter as yourself would have at least tried the sets before commenting.

I rotate around my gear. Because I play every class (except monk because I haven't had the time for it).

Unlike you, who hides behind his WoW profile in order to escape the kind of insidiously asinine questions that you're currently spouting.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So you rotated your barb to your trash/worthless set?

Right.
Reply Quote
This is me, barb for life, from launch.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:10 PMPosted by Fangthorn
So you rotated your barb to your trash/worthless set?

Right.

Most of my gear is in my vault because I was testing the effects of Yan's and cindercoat on a possible WW snapshot build for barb. (oh and low life setup with Shi Mizu's and Irontoes)

Then got completely carried away with optimizing DH and haven't gone back to my barb.

Does it surprise me that your barb has 1/3rd the elite kills of mine? :/

Or that you play no other class other than barb?
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 4/21/2014 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Like I said, I did not wallow in the worthless game that was pre-RoS.

I killed inferno diablo before the nerfs and quit until 2.0

I also play one character in WoW. It's my thing.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 11:20 PMPosted by Fang
Like I said, I did not wallow in the worthless game that was pre-RoS.

I killed inferno diablo before the nerfs and quit until 2.0

I also play one character in WoW. It's my thing.

Yeah. But it also means you lack foresight in being able to compare class differences.

I don't think barb is OP at all. I think barb is inherently weak, skill wise. And only players who've gotten these "OP setups" have a decently fun time playing barb.

I'm not surprised that blizz nerfs EQ set and luts in order to provide a better tradeoff in the form of better generators or better spenders such as SS or Ancient spear or maybe even WW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]