Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix - Shard of Hate (4/15)

(Sticky)

04/15/2014 04:46 PMPosted by Nessebr
They ARE NOT nerfing SoH. Did ANYONE actually read the post? They are fixing bugs that cause it to become unintentionally powerful.

Semantics, and a matter of persepctive.
They've totally nerfed it to the GROUND for WW barb.
Reply Quote
shard of hate will become completely useless after nerf, knowing blizz and their nerf history
Reply Quote
It was bugged, but from everything I've heard it was a lot of fun to use. I was hoping to find one myself. Now it's just another legendary. Where are the legendary items that feel legendary, Blizz?
Reply Quote
there is really no point to continue grinding then. ty blizzard ill move on
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Zeicron
It's not a bug fix.

Hiding behind that phrase is Blizzard's way of damage control, trying to keep the community from blowing up when they nerf something, due to lack of desire to listen to whiners on the Forums.

Basically.

The only reason I started playing my Barbarian again was because I got the drop while playing my Witch Doctor.

ugh, back to Witch Doctor with super OP class legs I guess.........
Reply Quote
"Game changing legendary with RoS"

Yeah, right blizzard. Test your items more carefully before letting them go in the release versions next time. Nobody enjoys losing their toys.
Reply Quote
Sweet another fun thing going away.
Reply Quote
They are making it not legendary.
Reply Quote
Barbarian QQ I cannnnt solo T6 no more :[
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 04:50 PMPosted by preslee
Anyone who actually thought SoH was working as intended is extremely stupid anyway. You could tell just by reading the description that it wasn't working as intended.

Glad for the nerf. Have one, had my fun with how ludicrously broken it was with Tempest Rush, not using it anymore.

Thanks Blizzard, about time.
This. Every decent player who owns a SoH knows that the way it works now is definitely not intended.
Reply Quote
I guess no one seeing this item proc 100% of the time as broken....
Reply Quote
whats the point of fixing it, its not like it can be traded between players, nor can anyone pk/pvp with it, all i can do is watch other people have fun with it and wish i had one but i guess its one less thing to keep me logging in every day, oh well.
Reply Quote
Yes I have one, yes it was fun, yes it was a legendary in the truest sense of the word..

RIP Shard of hate..

Bugged or not Blizzard you are killing the fun for players one nerf at a time.
One question, why?
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Leon

Honestly all the legs should have proc's of 100%, well at least the damage proc ones.
Reply Quote
Have SoH, I'm actually quite happy with the bug fix. The CM stated specifically what the issue was and I understand that certain aspects of it really did break the game (DW classes and how it interacted with certain skills of theirs). Quit complaining about an item that wasn't properly working for certain classes.
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 05:01 PMPosted by Zeicron
It's not a bug fix.

Hiding behind that phrase is Blizzard's way of damage control, trying to keep the community from blowing up when they nerf something, due to lack of desire to listen to whiners on the Forums.
It's a bug.

The explanation given goes completely in line with what was happening, I've been using my SoH on my Wizard and while it's still good it isn't anywhere near the level of broken on my (no gear) Barb and Monk.

I'm not taking Blizzard's side as I'm not very happy with their balancing either, but this particular instance was a no brainer that it was bugged and needed to be fixed ASAP (that it took so long for it to get fixed is a problem in itself causing all the crying).

Even with the nerfs it's still going to be a top tier weapon, it's just not going to be ludicrously broken with WW/Tempest rush.
Reply Quote
I hope my Monk is getting some sort of boost to counter this. Monk basically relies on this item for both range and AoE clearing power.

I don't mind if it is nerfed, but LTK and other Monk moves need to be brought into line at the same time.

After this change I go back to my best AOE being a 120 degree melee range cone and thats just not cool.

WW and TR were probably not behaving as intended but it is sad that my other finishers are outperformed by this, TF, Fulminator, and Odin procs.
Edited by Lightmgl#1403 on 4/15/2014 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]