Diablo® III

Will someone explain why ladders are fun

I don't get it.
1. You lose everything
2. You race against team players and bots.
3. Wouldn't be more fun to have some kind of monster bashing events or leagues or something else rather then recycling the ladder idea form Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
i think it'd be cool, and you dont necessarily lose the stuff, it just goes non ladder or w/e
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Codra
i think it'd be cool, and you dont necessarily lose the stuff, it just goes non ladder or w/e

Replied you, if you do see this.
Reply Quote
Ladder isnt fun. INFACT, the idea itself in the long term/investment sense makes it stupid. Thank god they axed "Seasons" for the PS4 version of D3.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Death Knight
I hope that if ladders are axed on PS4 that ladder-only items still make it into the game.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 05:21 PMPosted by Axelhander
I hope that if ladders are axed on PS4 that ladder-only items still make it into the game.

I'm pretty sure they will.
Reply Quote
I find ladders very appealing.

In fact its the ONE thing I've had to complain about since May 15th 2012.

I quit playing D3 before paragon, and came back shortly before RoS. The only reason I ever quit was because there was no ladders...

Ladders give more re-playability to the game. Also, it gives incentive to those just joining the game for the first time... instead of being 2 billion gold, and a full set of best in slot legendaries behind the majority of the serious players, you simply need to wait until the next ladder and you can be competitive with them with no disadvantages. (Besides knowledge/experience of the game)

I was very disappointed that upon RoS release, there were players STARTING at paragon 600 in hardcore. The players with best in slot gear were able to push content faster and easier and at higher difficulties. There is no way a player that was inactive for a while, much less a player that was freshly starting, could compare or be competitive at all upon release.

Ladders (If they work the same way as they did in D2) are an option, not a requirement. Those who want to continue playing their current characters more than likely will be able to. Those who actually want to have some sort of competition/race/fresh start etc will play ladder.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Shinra
Thank god they axed "Seasons" for the PS4 version of D3.

What does it mean ? Source ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]