Diablo® III

Any good lightning builds out there?

41 Gnome Warlock
I found / crafted a few good Lightning gear and want to put it to good use.

I started using lightning rune WW and lightning rune weapon throw.

Anyone have any tips / advice for a lightning barb?
Reply Quote
I use all lightening on my barb builds and they are clearing just fine. My main barb is sitting in T3, thinking about going up to T4.
Reply Quote
I clear T5 very efficiently with this setup can also do T6 but it takes a tad to long so will wait until I have a few improved pieces. I want to change the IK belt for IK boots and use my Thundergods belt instead which is much better.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Angryweasel-2335/hero/1097655
Edited by Angryweasel#2335 on 4/21/2014 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Angryweasel

We're almost the same =3
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Warlock
Thanks for the reply's... i've noticed you super geared players aren't using WW?
How come?

Btw i don't have any barb class set pieces and i'm paragon 300... : /
Reply Quote
I'm having a lot of fun with my current build. I'm using The Devil's anvil rune on HoTA to proc the cool down on my Overpower pretty often and I always loved cleave, so I use it with broad sweep for the lightning. It's pretty fun in big groups specially with the Mad Monarch Scepter proc as well. I also put a lot of points into area damage in my paragon points.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Apefoot
Thanks for the reply's... i've noticed you super geared players aren't using WW?
How come?

ww don't really proc weapon procs so it's useless for higher torment farming.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Warlock
04/21/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Angryweasel
04/21/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Apefoot
How come?

ww don't really proc weapon procs so it's useless for higher torment farming.

Why doesn't WW proc ????? That is retarded!
Reply Quote
It does, but the % to proc is so low it's not worth it (combined with ww low damage).
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Warlock
04/21/2014 01:54 PMPosted by Mormega
It does, but the % to proc is so low it's not worth it (combined with ww low damage).

Why don't they increase it? This is very disappointing news!
Reply Quote
IMO, they will never willingly buff WW to anything more than a mobility/utility/survival + some dps skill, if it is also a high dps skill, then nobody would ever use another dps skill ever. I don't think WW is in a bad place at the moment, I still use it for mobility/survival and the things that it's good for.
Reply Quote
I personally believe the lightning barb is the way to go. Fire barbs are extremely gear dependent, where as lightning barbs have no issue generating fury (WW with windshear) they can negate massive amounts of dmg done to them regardless of toughness (COTA with Together as One, which is extremely clutch if you are chasing the IK set.) Lightning barbs also have great crowd control from smite. These are a few examples, but overall there is a lot of ways to build a great lightning barb and although the elemental dmg% on your gear won't make your paper dig look sexy, you will certainly see tremendous crits in combat.

Give my build a try and if you like it, I have several ways of tweaking it for more dig or more survivability based on what you need. Please feel free to whisper me in game. Best of luck fellow barbs :)
Reply Quote
I'm using a Lightning HoTA build at the moment (switched over from DWW).

My paper DPS is only at 400k-ish, but i'm facerolling everything in T3 and can do very well in T4.

Check out my profile for my gear setup and skill build. I still need to replace my cain's glove with something better though.

Comments on my gear and skill setup is always welcome. :)
Reply Quote
HoTA all the time! Only really possible with 4-piece IK bonus, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]