Diablo® III

Awareness ( my secret desires )

I kinda wish awareness would increase according with actual movement. For example it currently increases 1 second 6 dodge chance. Would be nice if it was 1 second 4 dodge chance if stationary but 8 dodge chance while mobile. That way it actually feels like you are dodging.... Yeh i know most pair it with brooding which requires you to stay still. Its just my secret desires thats all :D
Reply Quote
Dodge is garbage, therefore Awareness is essentially garbage, they'd have to completely rework both for it to work, that wouldn't be enough ;P
Reply Quote
dodge is not garbage...
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 11:48 AMPosted by Mesercus
dodge is not garbage...

It's 110% garbage.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Raven
04/22/2014 11:48 AMPosted by Mesercus
dodge is not garbage...

It's 110% garbage.
Only a slight underestimation of its garbage percentage. I will forgive the oversight.
Reply Quote
Dodge and awareness is not garbage.

Dodge is not great, easily admit that. But is useful. Saying it is garbage is just ignoring the useful saves dodge gives us.

The key point I agree with the DH community in general isn't whether dodge is useful and can be an asset or is crap (depending on which pov) - it's that both sides here I think can agree dodge isn't as "fair" as what other classes get. E.g. We are only class where stacking mainstat or special passive (monk owe) doesn't directly add to our real, controllable, and predictable toughness.

Awareness - lol is what I will say instead of the dreaded acronym that gets anything insta-nerfed. And I don't want it nerfed. If you haven't used awareness in situational maps or fights, then you are basically a noob joining in on the "awareness is garbage" mantra with no real clue to the enormous power of awareness. Try it, test it, see for yourself exactly how good it is.

It just isn't an all builds, all situations no-brainer gotta use it all the time passive. It's one of the few times Bliz actually lived up the the promise of various viable builds, not just one passive that 90% of a class will no-brainer use 100% of the time.
Reply Quote
@OP - your suggestion is reasonable but i disagree.

Awareness being a third less useful per sec because a DH builds around tank style or face tanking via loh and regen shouldn't have awareness nerfed for their play style.

Right now whether you believe awareness is crap or great, it is equally crap or great to both styles - equal opportunity passive for movement oriented vs park & tank DHs.

I'd welcome any suggestion improving awareness (and dodge) that doesn't nerf one play style over the other. In the history since vanilla launch, DHs have just been through the meat grinder of nerfs. Let's not nerf ourselves this time.

Otherwise, we'll then have parts of our community calling for changes to passive that significantly takes away power from DHs that choose to move and scoot a lot. E.g. Say steady aim - it says "steady" aim right? How steady can your aim be while moving? So some knucklehead will say let's change SA so that it's 20% when stationary for 2 sec or more, but only half or 2/3 as effective if moving or recently moved.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 02:07 PMPosted by Jacozilla
Otherwise, we'll then have parts of our community calling for changes to passive that significantly takes away power from DHs that choose to move and scoot a lot. E.g. Say steady aim - it says "steady" aim right? How steady can your aim be while moving? So some knucklehead will say let's change SA so that it's 20% when stationary for 2 sec or more, but only half or 2/3 as effective if moving or recently moved.

If the DH can reload their weapon while holding 2 hand crossbows, it's not impossible for the DH to also have a steady aim while on the move, right? DH is awesome like that :P

04/22/2014 07:07 AMPosted by WhiskeyJack
I kinda wish awareness would increase according with actual movement. For example it currently increases 1 second 6 dodge chance. Would be nice if it was 1 second 4 dodge chance if stationary but 8 dodge chance while mobile. That way it actually feels like you are dodging.... Yeh i know most pair it with brooding which requires you to stay still. Its just my secret desires thats all :D

On topic: I feel Awareness is basically designed for players who enjoy actively avoiding incoming attacks. If you wish to stand still, it clearly isn't going to work even if you propose your stationary/moving mechanics cuz you'll hardly be able to charge up Awareness if you stand still taking hits. Also, never knew most players pair it with Brooding. Sounds like it's only a viable combination in a party situation where you can just stand behind melee party members.
Reply Quote
@oble yes you can pair it with brooding. Have perfectionist and archery as well. Use evasive shot with hardened rune. I can face tank t4 without much problems except fire chains. That affix seems to be doing too much damage over time for some reason. Also having fan of knives or boar companion/sentry healing really boost survival

As to how dodge can be fix, I personally think that it's a good skill so too speak. I don't think demon hunters were designed to take massive amounts of damage in the first place. Makes it exciting knowing that getting hit is really a gamble. That you have no controll on wether or not that very last bit of health will be enough or not. In a sense you learn to plan out how you engage your enemies in terms of position and managing your health pots expenditure.

As to awareness, what I find interesting is that if you are standing still constantly taking damage the chance of it to proc is higher. The chance that it procs at the right time would be random. However if you are constantly moving and actively avoiding dmg at 100% your dodge is guaranteed.

Also I keep reading it as doge. Such Skills. So wow.
Edited by WhiskeyJack#1456 on 4/22/2014 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I use Awareness and I have tested in T4 it has saved my !@#$ and I used to have the chest piece that shot a rocket for 600% weapon damage ttime yoou dodge:) but now I have the Cindercoat but even then Awareness is understated and as previous posts above its useless :) well carry on with that theory my survival is because of this :) Just saying

Oh and it kicks in even when I strafe everywhere because I can
Edited by Tallonz#6166 on 4/23/2014 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Tallonz, thats how i feel to about doge. IT has its uses but alot of peopel are comparing it to other class main stats which in away makes very little sense since the intended play style for Dh and other classes would be different. Owh and awesome strafe build... you mean vault right? Keep up the good work. Gl HF
Edited by WhiskeyJack#1456 on 4/23/2014 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 01:56 PMPosted by Jacozilla
Dodge and awareness is not garbage.

Dodge is not great, easily admit that. But is useful. Saying it is garbage is just ignoring the useful saves dodge gives us.

The key point I agree with the DH community in general isn't whether dodge is useful and can be an asset or is crap (depending on which pov) - it's that both sides here I think can agree dodge isn't as "fair" as what other classes get. E.g. We are only class where stacking mainstat or special passive (monk owe) doesn't directly add to our real, controllable, and predictable toughness.

Awareness - lol is what I will say instead of the dreaded acronym that gets anything insta-nerfed. And I don't want it nerfed. If you haven't used awareness in situational maps or fights, then you are basically a noob joining in on the "awareness is garbage" mantra with no real clue to the enormous power of awareness. Try it, test it, see for yourself exactly how good it is.

It just isn't an all builds, all situations no-brainer gotta use it all the time passive. It's one of the few times Bliz actually lived up the the promise of various viable builds, not just one passive that 90% of a class will no-brainer use 100% of the time.

First, I have tested it. Second, dodge is absolute, putrid, horrendous garbage no matter how much you try to pretend otherwise. There is a very simple reason why: armour/all resist helps reduce all sources of damage, including molten, poison, arcane lasers, t-storm, etc., dodge does not. No one cares if you can dodge champ melee attacks 50% of the time when you will die instantly in T4 to any of the listed affixes I mentioned.

If they wanted to fix dodge, allow DHs and Monks to dodge spell ticks/casts and then it would be equivalent in damage reduction to armour/all resist. Otherwise it's a !@#$ stat and pretending otherwise only convinces Blizzard it doesn't need a buff, so stop %^-*in' pretending.
Edited by Raven#1453 on 4/23/2014 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]